1500 turny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1500 turny list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 turny list

HQ
    Shas弛 with; cylic ion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator, Stimulant injector, hardwire multi-tacker iridium armour 165

Elites
    2 shas置i with missile pods, plasma rifles and multi tracker 124
    1 shas致re with fusion blaster, airburster, and shield generator 87
    Troops
    6 fire warriors with pulse rifles shas置i and markerlight 80
    6 fire warriors with pulse carbines shas置i and markerlight 80

Fast attack
    Piranha with fusion blaster and target array 70
    devilfish with 2 seeker missiles 100
    8 pathfinder with shas置i and target lock 111

Heavy support
    2 broadsides with marker drone, shield drone, target lock 190
    2 sniper drone teams 160
    hammerhead with railgun, burst cannons, disruption pods, blacksun filter 155

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Hi there, welcome to the greater good.

First point to make out is, there is a set forum for posting army lists, its connected to this one. I'm sure a mod will move it over there soon.

So let's have a look at this static army list of yours.
    It's strange that there have been a big surge in static armies being posted on the forum recently.
    Personally I play a fully mobile (or mech) list. But let's have a look and see if we can beef this up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by the aun's servant View Post
    HQ
    Shas弛 with; cylic ion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator, Stimulant injector, hardwire multi-tacker iridium armour 165

Well, he is expensive, i will give you that.
    Okay, so a few points with this guy that might help his life span.
    Take the iridium armour to start off with. The best way to keep your Crisis suits alive is to keep them mobile. By giving him iridium armour you are really tempting fate. The possiblity of only having a one inch assualt move is really restrictive. Why not drop the armour and save yourself some points. It really does make your HQ more survivable.
    Also, if you drop him back to a regular old Shas'El, and give him a Targetting array (henceforth TA) and HW MT then you save 30pts, but don't lose any effectiveness in your shooting.
    I'm not a big fan of the CIB either. A lot of people love them, but to me they seem WAY to random.......you know, hit and miss. Personally i would take either a Fusion Blaster or Missile pod here instead, to go with the Plasma rifle.

Elites
    2 shas置i with missile pods, plasma rifles and multi tracker 124
    1 shas致re with fusion blaster, airburster, and shield generator 87

I'm a little confused by this section. Is this one unit of three suits, or is it two different units. Either way the advice is pretty much the same.
    Make good use of the Force Org chart. By splitting these guys into three individual units (you haev three elite slots after all) you can fire at three different units, hide your suits a lot easier etc etc.
    With the Shas'vre, i'm not a hundred percent sure what you want to do with this guy. General wisdom says you should always take a Multitracker to fire off both weapons, but i guess because you have taken the fusion and AFP combo you figure that you are only going to be able to use one a turn anyway. I can see the theory behind this loadout i.e. they are both short range weapons and this means you can kill anything that comes your way. I think though that by dividing this guys focus, you are actually limiting his abilities rather than enhancing them. If you were to give him a plasma rifle instead of the AFP, you would have a hard hitting unit that at close range can put out three shots that can take down a whole bunch of heavy armoured guys and vehicles. Instead you only have one shot, at a BS that doesn't guarantee hitting. Also the AFP is one of the harder to use weapons in the game. It works against hordes of baddies, which means unless you kill them all, you will probably get assualted, which as we all know means death.

Troops

Very static Firewarriors huh?
    Two units with pulsecarbines means that they don't have the range to whittle down oncoming units before they reach your lines. I realise that the carbines have the chance to pin, but a rapid firing pulse rifle is way better every single time. Drop the crbines for more range.
    The markerlights are heavy, so you can't move and fire. If you want to take the markerlights (and there is no probs with that) why not get a shas'vre upgrade and a target lock. This way he can fire at a different target as the firewarriors (for example a dreadnaught, or a battletank) and you won't waste your pulse rifle shots on a target you can't hurt. But seeing as you have a unit of Pathfinders as well, you don't really need the markerlights, you are just restricting their movement.

Fast attack
    Piranha with fusion blaster and target array 70
    devilfish with 2 seeker missiles 100
    8 pathfinder with shas置i and target lock 111

I'm assuming the devilfish here is connected to the pathfinders. I really don't have too many problems with this section. Just be careful with your pirahna, they are fragile little fishes.

Heavy support
    2 broadsides with marker drone, shield drone, target lock 190
    2 sniper drone teams 160
    hammerhead with railgun, burst cannons, disruption pods, blacksun filter 155
    Again you have a lot of extra Markerlights here you don't need. The Snipers have em, so you probably don't need them on the Broadsides. Plus im pretty sure that the set-up you have is illegal, too many hard points. Personally i would drop the 88's for another hammerhead, but if you want to keep these guys take a team leader upgrade then grab the HW drone controller and target lock.

Hammerheads should never leave home without Decoy launchers, they are way more valuable than the d pods. Only take black sun filters if you have points left over, you will rarely play nightfights so they can normally be an after thought.

Well there are my thoughts, remember that's all they are, just my thoughts.

Again welcome to LO and to the Tau forum

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite a few things contradict each other in the list.

Shas'o. Shouldn't really need a shield gen as he can use his IC status to not get shot. Same goes for iridium armour. Stim injector is debatable - one of my mates used it on a shas'o with a fusion blaster then with vectored engines to hit and run through squads to get at enemy armour in their DZ.

2 Shas'ui would be better in seperate squads. Consider the team leader upgrade and giving them targetting array - more efficient for the points.

The Shas'vre is a contradiction to me. Fusion needs high BS to do its job, air frag doesnt care about BS. i'd go for a burst cannon and multi tracker to dedicate it to infantry - it can still do a job against marines as well.

Devilfish needs decoy launchers. Multitracker (cant remember if they come with one) would be needed really to fire seekers.

Broadsides need A.S.S., if just to set up behind cover then move forward to not get alpha striked. Which kind of negates a marker drone really. With the amount of other markerlights i imagine you really need the second shield drone more.

Railhead really really really needs multitracker and decoy launchers before anything else!!

Overall it looks quite heavy on the markerlights, maybe a bit too static for mission objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ainafallas View Post
    Quite a few things contradict each other in the list.

Shas'o. Shouldn't really need a shield gen as he can use his IC status to not get shot. Same goes for iridium armour. Stim injector is debatable - one of my mates used it on a shas'o with a fusion blaster then with vectored engines to hit and run through squads to get at enemy armour in their DZ.

2 Shas'ui would be better in seperate squads. Consider the team leader upgrade and giving them targetting array - more efficient for the points.

The Shas'vre is a contradiction to me. Fusion needs high BS to do its job, air frag doesnt care about BS. i'd go for a burst cannon and multi tracker to dedicate it to infantry - it can still do a job against marines as well.

Devilfish needs decoy launchers. Multitracker (cant remember if they come with one) would be needed really to fire seekers.

Broadsides need A.S.S., if just to set up behind cover then move forward to not get alpha striked. Which kind of negates a marker drone really. With the amount of other markerlights i imagine you really need the second shield drone more.

Railhead really really really needs multitracker and decoy launchers before anything else!!

Overall it looks quite heavy on the markerlights, maybe a bit too static for mission objectives.
    Your points about the Shas'O and the Crisis suits are really valid. I don't know about the Burstcannon on the Shas'vre though. Crisis suits aren't really designed for anti infantry. They are the only way to get mid strength weapons into your army. So i would prefer to see Plasma and Fusion on him.

The devilfish definitley needs decoy launchers as well, thats a good pick up. The seeker missiles don't need a multi though. They get called by markerlight hits.

ASS is good on broadsides, but i tend to find that they sit still more than not. You really need to get the most out of them in the first two turns so thats why Target lock is so needed. Shield drones are a happy melding with 88's though.

You are spot on with the hammerhead and markerlights too.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok let me explain my self.
    yes this is a static list but that is my style of playing. My commander is a huge firemagnet and that what i use him for, in all the games that i have used him in he has not died (even when a falcon and 2 wave serpents are shooting at him). Next with my Elites, it is a tourniment list and this deals with army composition, i lose points for having more elites and Heavy support than troops. Next with my fire warriors i use them in pairs the rifles hurt the enemy unit while the carbines pin them. This leads to the next thing, I have a lot of markerlights in order to pin enemy units and increase my balistic skill that is why i use so many. My sniper drone are used to counter annoying heavy weapon teams like devistators or reapers. So yes it may be a wierd looking list but so far this list has proven it self useful (even agaisn't a drop pod army that appeared in one turn)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

ok let me explain my self.
    yes this is a static list but that is my style of playing. My commander is a huge firemagnet and that what i use him for, in all the games that i have used him in he has not died (even when a falcon and 2 wave serpents are shooting at him). Next with my Elites, it is a tourniment list and this deals with army composition, i lose points for having more elites and Heavy support than troops. Next with my fire warriors i use them in pairs the rifles hurt the enemy unit while the carbines pin them. This leads to the next thing, I have a lot of markerlights in order to pin enemy units and increase my balistic skill that is why i use so many. My sniper drone are used to counter annoying heavy weapon teams like devistators or reapers. So yes it may be a wierd looking list but so far this list has proven it self useful (even agaisn't a drop pod army that appeared in one turn)

Hey mate, those are just MY thoughts on your list. That's why people put em up here, to get comments and different people's points of view. :yes:

You're right, it is your list and are free to do whatever you want. The points i made are just how i would do things differently. Oh and its fine to play a static tau list, for me mobile list is just more fun.

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

with my fire warriors i use them in pairs the rifles hurt the enemy unit while the carbines pin them.
    Ever try mixing the carbines and rifles in one squad together? I give my team leader a markerlight and a carbine so if they are at long range he can use the ML but when the enemy starts closing he can shoot that and possibly pin. The rest I give rifles.

Does the airburster really work well for you? I have one on a bodyguard and actually killed 2/3 of my honour guard w/ it. I would use the CIB w/ the 5 chances of AP1 and have 5 points for a multi-tracker on the Hammerhead - maybe not if you play more static but thats what I would do if your looking for suggestions.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Remember, army lists go in the Tau Army List subsection. It can be found just above the main Tau section.

Thanks.

Thread moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby5 View Post
    Ever try mixing the carbines and rifles in one squad together? I give my team leader a markerlight and a carbine so if they are at long range he can use the ML but when the enemy starts closing he can shoot that and possibly pin. The rest I give rifles.
    I perfer to have more carbines because if you playing an army like the marines then you will need more than one wound if you want a good chance to pin them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

I perfer to have more carbines because if you playing an army like the marines then you will need more than one wound if you want a good chance to pin them

I understand this theory, but why not just take Pulse rifles and kill them all outright. You don't find that pulse carbines are too short range to be effective at killing enough marines. Also don't you find thar thier leadership often means they are ignoring you pinning weapons anyway.

I just don't like pulse carbines, at all. They don't rapid fire, they don't have the range or the firepower of the rifle.
    They are just a poor weapon in comparison IMO. For mine the only place they belong is on Gun drones.

Feel free to argue with me on this one, i would love to hear your reasons for taking them and how you use them. Because (especially) in a static army i would have though for sure Rifles would have been way more effective at knocking out those troops before they get to you.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast