2000 Points Eldar Saim-Hann (Friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points Eldar Saim-Hann (Friendly)

ELDAR SAIM-HANN

HQ
    Farseer: Jetbike, Singing Spear, Fortune, Mind War, Spirit Stones - 158pts.

Autarch: Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance, Fusion gun –140pts.

TROOPS
    6 Guardian Jetbikes: w/2 x Shuriken Catapults – 152pts.

10 Guardians w/ Scatter Laser – 95pts.

8x Storm Guardians w/2 x Flamer – 76pts
    w/ Warlock: Singing Spear, Destructor – 38pts.

FAST
    2 Shining Spears and Exarch w/Star Lance, Skilled Rider and Withdraw – 167pts.

2 Vypers: Starcannon – 140pts.

2 Vypers: Scatter Laser – 120pts.

HEAVY
    Falcon- Holofield, Spirit Stones, Starcannon – 185pts.

Falcon- Holofield, Spirit Stones, Scatter Laser – 175 pts.

2 x Support Weapon Battery: Vibro Cannon –100pts.

TRANSPORT
    Wave Serpent- Spirit Stone, Twin Linked Brightlances, Shuriken Cannon - 155pts

Wave Serpent- Spirit Stone, Twin Linked Starcannons, Shuriken Cannon – 145pts

Autarch is grouped with my shining spears. The Farseer is iwith one of my Jetbike squads to fortune the squad and pick off annoying units with mind war. The Storm Guardians strategy is to be brought next to an enemy unit, unleash the 3 flamers (Warlock destructor is basically a flamer so im counting it as one) and hit the rest with shuriken fire, with the Serpent as back up. Same with the Guardians, exclude the flamers tactic. Falcons provide heavy fire support as they zoom around. Jetbikes zoom around hitting the enemy with shuriken fire then move to safety, the squad with fortune also has a higher chance of living. Vibro cannons dont need line of site so I would place them behind cover and shoot the enemy and their vehicles. Vypers support the bike squads.

Tell me what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Army View Post
    ELDAR SAIM-HANN

HQ
    Farseer: Jetbike, Singing Spear, Fortune, Mind War, Spirit Stones - 158pts.

Autarch: Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance, Fusion gun –140pts.
    Would ditch the fusion gun to save points
    TROOPS

10 Guardians w/ Scatter Laser – 95pts.
    Too static, doesnt really fit with the rest of the army and will give assault units something to target, would drop
    Ditto
    FAST
    2 Shining Spears and Exarch w/Star Lance, Skilled Rider and Withdraw – 167pts.
    Unit needs to be bigger, it has to last through his combat round, see those guardians????
    2 Vypers: Starcannon – 140pts.

2 Vypers: Scatter Laser – 120pts.
    Prefer 2x shuriken cannon nowerdays much more effective and see what it does to rhinos
    [quote]
    HEAVY

2 x Support Weapon Battery: Vibro Cannon –100pts.
    [quote]
    The weapons battery is far too static, same problem as the guardians
    TRANSPORT
    Wave Serpent- Spirit Stone, Twin Linked Brightlances, Shuriken Cannon - 155pts

Wave Serpent- Spirit Stone, Twin Linked Starcannons, Shuriken Cannon – 145pts
    Oh I see, these are for the guardians, still a little static, but actually if you want to leave them fine, but that just makes life worse for the weapons battery, I would ditch it and up the numbers in the spears squad
    Autarch is grouped with my shining spears.
    good
    The Farseer is iwith one of my Jetbike squads to fortune the squad and pick off annoying units with mind war.
    less effective/efficient but will leave for the moment
    The Storm Guardians strategy is to be brought next to an enemy unit, unleash the 3 flamers (Warlock destructor is basically a flamer so im counting it as one) and hit the rest with shuriken fire, with the Serpent as back up. Same with the Guardians, exclude the flamers tactic.
    - stormies - yes, good, but the defenders - you are going to do a flamer tactic without flamers? isnt this rather like walking over niagra falls on a tightrope without the tightrope?
    Falcons provide heavy fire support as they zoom around. Jetbikes zoom around hitting the enemy with shuriken fire then move to safety, the squad with fortune also has a higher chance of living. Vibro cannons dont need line of site so I would place them behind cover and shoot the enemy and their vehicles. Vypers support the bike squads.

Tell me what you think.
    I would definatley drop vibro cannons and up the number of spears, would also consider dropping the Farseer, add 2 jetbike warlocks with singing spears and split bike squads into 2 squads of 3 with a warlock and a squad of 6, asks more questions of your opponents and gives you more options
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revision

stormies - yes, good, but the defenders - you are going to do a flamer tactic without flamers? isnt this rather like walking over niagra falls on a tightrope without the tightrope?
    Sorry what I meant with the defenders is to unleash a barrage with shuriken catapults.

So here is a revision of my list:

HQ
    Autarch:Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance -130 pts

Troops
    3 Guardian Jetbikes: 1 x Shuriken cannon- 76
    w/Warlock: Jetbike, Spear, Conceal -63

6 Guardian Jetbikes: 2 x Shuriken cannon -152

w/ Wave Serpent- Spirit Stone, Twin Linked Starcannons, Shuriken Cannon – 145pts

Fast
    3 Vypers: Shuriken Cannon - 150

3 Vypers: Shuriken Cannon - 150

4 Shining Spears - 140
    w/Exarch: Star Lance, Withdraw, Skilled Rider - 97

Heavy

I took out the regular Guardians in exchange for more small bike squads. Dropped the Farseer. Dropped fusion gun. Dropped support weapon. Basically with the free points added more bikes, vypers, and spears.

Also some questions with my list, would this army actually do well in battle? My main fear is spending all the money trying to build up to this army and find out that it gets beaten easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Love it, Nor a million miles from my Siam Hann (old codex - only one HS, and I had no stormies, the autarch and spears are in effect the Wild rider Kin)

Will it be effective - yes, tell you why:

For an assault army- WTF does he try to charge? whatever it is he isnt going to catch it!
    For a shooting army - WTF does he shoot at? whatever he chooses, even if he kills it, something else will hurt him!

So.. Viktor ammassed a tactica for Eldar of the last codex, it is in a thread somewhere, he did it by getting players of each craftworld to contribute, I wrote him a lengthy section on how to use Siam Hann, it is in this forum. Also look in the Tactica forum - I wrote a tactica for light skimmers, that will also be of use,

Generally: first couple of turns use your speed to stay out of reach, let all those STR 6 guns do the talking, use your mobility to pull his army appart, when units get isolated strike.

Your worst opponent will be a static shooting list with a good commander.

There are tweaks you can make (probably too many small bike squads) but generally fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd Revision

KK, those helped. Good morale booster for me as well!:yes:

Realized that even with a Wave Serpent, the Storm Guardians are still a little to static (they come out, shoot, then die basically). So I took them out for some more jetbikes.
    Here is my 3rd revision.

HQ
    Autarch:Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance -140 pts
    Farseer: Jetbike, Singing Spear, Fortune - 118 pts

Troops

6 Guardian Jetbikes: 2 x Shuriken cannon- 152

6 Guardian Jetbikes: 2 x Shuriken cannon -152

Fast
    3 Vypers: Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken cannon upgrade - 180

3 Vypers: Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken cannon upgrade - 180

4 Shining Spears - 140
    w/Exarch: Star Lance, Withdraw, Skilled Rider - 97

Heavy
    Falcon- Holofield, Spirit Stones, Starcannon, Shuriken cannon upgrade – 195pts.

Falcon- Holofield, Spirit Stones, Scatter Laser, Shuriken cannon upgrade – 185 pts.

POINTS: 2019 points, not that much over and if the player complains to much I can just take off the shuriken cannon upgrades on the Falcons.

KK with the points for dropping the Storm Guardians and wave serpent I added some more jetbikes, upgraded the Falcons and Vypers with the Shuriken cannon upgrade, added my Farseer back to support the non Warlock Jetbike squad. If I find the Farseer to be little help to my guys I can always replace the Farseer with more bikes. But I like the feel of this army. 34 units, all moving around at least 6" to a max of 12".:sleep:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I don't really see the point in all those conceals. You already have a 3+ save, so you may as well try to make better use of those points to crowbar in a few more models. Ideally the assault move will mean that you can keep a large portion of your bikes out of harms way.

Embolden, given guardians' average leadership, may turn out to be more useful.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if I get rid of the conceal and replace the power with Embolden, there still isnt enough points to add one more jetbike. I think conceal is effective as well, as you said they are already hard enough to kill, so why not make it harder? And if I find out I need more bikes, I can remove the Farseer for more.

After a few battles and I feel Conceal aint worth the points, then I may switch to Embolden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

ok tuning..

Personnally I am inclined to agree with Rork, I put warlocks in bike squads for one reason, to get an extra powerful shot, i.e I take 3 man squads with a warlock with singing spear, the power, if I even give them one, is an irrelevence 99% of the time

I am also not completely against those storm guardians

However I do also agree hugely with you cheese, that the best way to tune it is to try it out yourself as I do think there is a large and intangible varriable which is about how you play your army and how comfortable you are with it. To give you an example, my Sons of madusa army is nilla marines, I havent lost with them since eye of terror campaign. My son has used them a few times and knows how to use them cos he has fought me with them so much, so he has no problems, my brother in law tried them four times, and has had one, marginal and very dodgy infantry (conflict and he was very flukily in the middle when random turn length kicked in). He is not comfortable with them, prefering his demon hunters which is an entirely different style of play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help Cheredanine and Rork. I think I got the list close to what is good and after a couple of battles, change it based on what I feel is right.

+ Reply to Thread