1250 Farsight Enclave, friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1250 Farsight Enclave, friendly

Finally got around to increasing my enclave's size a little.

HQ:
    Shas'el
    Gunblade weapons; targeting array; hard wired multitracker

Lucky me, there aren't exactly a whole lot of MEQ armies around here for me to worry about; that being said I am of the opinion that its better to make as much use of that high BS as possible by being able to pump as many shots into light or medium infantry as possible. Normally the low range would be a put off but between the four mechanised squads and the sunfoge this one shouldn't have to much to worry about in being shot at.

Shas'el
    Missile pod; burst cannon; hard wired multi-tracker; targeting array

Again, no sense in wasting the high BS; now while it may look like this suit has mismatched weapons, thats not really the case. In the first two or three turns it can hunt light armour and transports alongside the deathrains and in the later turns, when everything has closed in a little, it can put five shots into light or medium infantry.

Elites:
    2x Shas'ui
    2x Deathrain weapons
    Shas'vre upgrade; target lock; bonding knife

Standard deathrain setup when you can't fit anymore monats, light armour and transport hunters and later on crackers of medium infantry.

Shas'ui
    Deathrain weapons

Same as before only this is a monat

Shas'ui
    Sunforge weapons

Between all of the suits so far, this army is really lacking in the ability to combat heavy armour. A single sunforge doesn't really fix that but deepstriking it if neccesary may help turn the tide where a nice big explosion is needed.

Troops:
    8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Decoy launchers; smart missile system

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Decoy launchers; smart missil system

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Smart missile system

Somewhat standard fish of fury tactic, the four squads are eight man strong cause I felt like poking some fun at the idea that Farsight has something to do with Khorne...

Heavy Support:
    Broadside Battlesuit

Again, even with a sunforge this army is lacking in anti armour against heavy armour; a single broadside doesn't change that to much either but it does help when it gets deployed first and you kind of scare your opponent into either deploying armour away from it or something valueble near it to take it out.
    Total: 1250

That fourth squad would have decoy launchers like the other two, but unfortunately I ran out of points.

So ya, what do you all think?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Well, darkreever, you know my opinion of putting burstcannons on crisis suits, so apart from them (which i won't comment on)

The elites are great, i prefer the helios over the sunforge (two shots are better than one in my opinion) but they should do the job really well. If you were to up this to 1500 i would drop the monat deathrain for a squad of stealths.

Troops are good, though maybe the fourth squad is a little unnesecary. They could free up some points if you were to drop them out. 3 Squads should really be plenty, but then, I really do like lots of firewarriors. I just figure that you could use a little extra heavy tank busting.

Heavy is fine, but as i said, i think you need a bit more of it. Are you worried about your broadside getting "left behind" by your fast moving list. I think a Hammerhead would really add a lot to this list.

You have really tailored this list to go horde hunting, so i assume you play mostly against orks and guard (and maybe Guant nid lists). I guess i just can't get the area that i play out of my head. I mostly play Marines, Chaos and Necrons and these type of armies are definitely not what this list is designed to fight.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedave View Post
    Heavy is fine, but as i said, i think you need a bit more of it. Are you worried about your broadside getting "left behind" by your fast moving list. I think a Hammerhead would really add a lot to this list.
    Nah, he/she's the heavy hitter with big guns; you don't bring those forward unless everything worth killing is already dead. The broadside isn't truly being left behind since the deathrains would be staying back a fair bit thanks to their long range anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedave View Post
    You have really tailored this list to go horde hunting, so i assume you play mostly against orks and guard (and maybe Guant nid lists). I guess i just can't get the area that i play out of my head. I mostly play Marines, Chaos and Necrons and these type of armies are definitely not what this list is designed to fight.
    Heh, guess I'm a bit guilty here; I've fought armoured company but not on anything close to a regular basis. I mostly fight: eldar, tau, guard of varying design, marines, sisters, radical inqusitors, nids, orks, necrons, dark eldar and chaos. (Though our marine and necron players are currently in colleges in other states; all three of them. We have about twenty people between guard, lost and the damned, orks, dark eldar, eldar and two chaos marine armies)

So what do you all think: drop the fourth squad of firewarriors and the broadside for a hammerhead and maybe a second sunforge kitted out similar to the two man deathrain team? Or leave the list as it is?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post

So what do you all think: drop the fourth squad of firewarriors and the broadside for a hammerhead and maybe a second sunforge kitted out similar to the two man deathrain team? Or leave the list as it is?

I'd probably drop the fourth firewarrior squad and grab the hammerhead. Use left over points to either get another crisis suit or to fill up the extra seats in those devilfish.
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Alright so how's this then? Swapped out squad four and the broadside for the hammerhead, another deathrain, and targetting arrays on all four deathrains to make sure they almost never miss...

HQ:
    Shas'el

Shas'el

Elites:
    2x Shas'ui
    2x Deathrain weapons; 2x targetting array
    Shas'vre upgrade; hard wired target lock; bonding knife

2x Shas'ui

Shas'ui
    Sunforge weapons

Troops:
    8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish

Heavy Support:
    Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun; smart missile system; multi tracker; decoy launchers

Total: 1245

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    Alright so how's this then? Swapped out squad four and the broadside for the hammerhead, another deathrain, and targetting arrays on all four deathrains to make sure they almost never miss...

HQ:
    Shas'el

Shas'el

Elites:
    2x Shas'ui

2x Shas'ui

Shas'ui
    Sunforge weapons

Troops:
    8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish

8x Firewarriors
    shas'ui; bonding knife
    Devilfish

Heavy Support:
    Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun; smart missile system; multi tracker; decoy launchers

Total: 1245

I actually really like it a lot Reever, you and your wacky magic mushroom HQ's aside (im sorry dude, i just can't help myself ) this list looks really strong.
    You have lots of High strength shots being pumped out every round by your 1 HQ and all your Deathrains, the sunforge should help in the tank busting side of things, and your FW's are mobile and hard hitting (i like the SMS upgrades on the fish a lot).
    Support your FW's with your two HQ's, take out enemy transports with your Elites and let your hammerhead unload on.......well pretty much whatever it wants.

I like it a lot, good list.
    Where to from here is my next question. In order to upgrade to 1500 and 2000 pts what would add in next.

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Drones and two broadsides, and then more firewarriors and a skyray if I want to fill all the force org slots. Those pihrana's would be good but I could go with stealth suits for fewer points if I wanted a group of burst cannons.

+ Reply to Thread