Necron-1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necron-1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron-1500

this is a cc oriented list that i plan on using. I rarely go without the monolith so it is different for me.
    the plan was to take the Lord attached to the squad of flayed ones with the pariahs close enough to scare anything near. Immortals and warriors provide fire support while the H destroyers hunt tanks

HQ-Lord
    -Gaze of flame, Res orb -155

Elites- 10x Flayed ones -180
    10x Immortals -280
    6x Pariahs -216

Troops 10x Warriors -180
    10x warriors -180
    10X warriors -180

Heavy Support
    1x Heavy Destroyer -65
    1x Heavy Destroyer -65

Total=1501
    Models=59

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the concept of the list, just feel that flayed ones make better objective takers ,counter assult units, or for holding table quarters, I like the Idea of putting a lord with a destroyer body and warsythe, phylatery and hooking him up with a wraith wing. thats a toughness of 6 with the destroyer lord so he can't be insta-killed two squads of wraiths can wreek alot of havoc as well and if you use the Flayed ones in such a manner as listed above I perfer 2 squads of 5-6 deep strike or infiltrate. The res. orb causes you to huddle your troops and slogg slowly across the field unless you move them through cover with a wraith wing at least you can turbo boost behind cover and take advatage of that invunerable save with the lord and wraiths and be in cc by the next turn. If you deepstrike flayed ones deepstrike behind cover or in cover and take advantage of a cover save so they don't become sitting ducks. and avoid dedicated cc squads Power fist, power weapons, and let your shooty units like your immotals take those out. I usually like to play a game involving high risk high gain I am going to either win big or loose big don't know If it helps or not.
    why not try something like this:

Hq
    Necron destroyer lord-warsythe,phylactery-155pts

Elites- 8 immortals-224pts

Troops-10 necron warriors 180-pts
    10 necron warriors-180pts

Fast attack - 3 wraiths-123pts
    3 wraiths-123 pts
    5 destroyers-250 pts
    Heavy monolith( deepstrike it and use it as a recycler)

thats 1470 with room for more upgrades for your lord if you want?
    P.O. at 10 models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should take at least one res orb so that any cc units that may have power weapons or weapons that insta-kill at a range dont ignore your wwb rolls .

The wraiths and a destroyer lord would be great for a cc necron list seeing as they move fast and hit the enemy with alot of strength 6 attacks and an amazing 3+ invulnerable save with the ability to stand back up, their only real drawback is the small unit size.

here is a list i would use

Lord - destroyer body, res orb, war scythe - 180pts

8 flayed ones - 144
    7 flayed ones - 126

10 warriors - 180
    10 warriors - 180

3 wraiths - 123
    2 wraiths - 81
    5 Destroyers - 250

Monolith - 235

1499 points
    46 crons
    phase out 11

The destroyer lord goes with the wraiths and assaults anything that may be a threat to your warriors flayed ones infiltrate to cut off any fast moving assault units that want to get close.
    the destroyers can go tank hunting and are excelent at killing light infantry. you can then deep strike the monolith and portal your warriors into the mix to finish off any small units or vehicles that are not in cc with your other squads.
    "We are born for a darker purpose than that of mere existence, there will come a time when the stygian night never ends where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever." - Adept Corteswain

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by NurgleBurp View Post
    this is a cc oriented list that i plan on using. I rarely go without the monolith so it is different for me.
    the plan was to take the Lord attached to the squad of flayed ones with the pariahs close enough to scare anything near. Immortals and warriors provide fire support while the H destroyers hunt tanks
    Personally, I'd try to spread out my special abilities. If the flayed ones force the enemy to not attack, then you've wasted the Gaze of Flame, but that's just me.

HQ-Lord
    -Gaze of flame, Res orb -155
    Good.

Elites-
    10x Flayed ones -180
    10x Immortals -280
    6x Pariahs -216
    Good, good, good. Maybe take disruption fields on the Flayed ones should you get stuck with a Walker or Dreadnought in CC.

Troops 10x Warriors -180
    10x warriors -180
    10X warriors -180
    Lotsa warriors is always good.

Heavy Support
    1x Heavy Destroyer -65
    1x Heavy Destroyer -65
    I see these getting popped fast. Try to keep the Lord near these guys so that they can stay alive with the Res orb.

Total=1501
    Models=59
    I'm no Necron player, but I certainly wouldn't want to play this list, it looks mighty burly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This List can definitely compete with anything that comes its way. I like the concept very much.
    Pairing Pariahs and Flayed Ones works out great. The Pariahs augment the Flayed Ones Special rules, and with the GoF the most your enemy has for its morale check is 6. Nice!

The only thing is that you cannot really use infiltrating or DS for the Flayed Ones. And you'll need lots of cover to take them where they are supposed to be. This could be a devastating List for Cities of Death. (I would lose the Heavy D's for that, though and get some Scarab Swarms or Wraiths)
    Not in my game you won't!!

+ Reply to Thread