Hivefleet Venom 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hivefleet Venom 1500pts

HQ:

Hive Tyrant; Adrenal Glands WS, Enhanced Senses, Lash Whip+Bone Sword, Venom Cannon, Warp Field. Tyrant Guardx3; Rending Claws and Scything Talons. (304pts)

Brood Lord; Adrenal Glands I, Extended Carapace , Feeder Tendrils, Genestealersx8; Acid Maw, Extended Carapace , Toxin Sacs , Rending Claws and Scything Talons.(335pts)

Elite:
    Carnifex; Adrenal Glands WS, Spine Banks, 2xScything Talons. (110pts)

Warriors; Adrenal Glands I and WS, Bio-plasma, Toxin Sacs , Rending Claws and Scything Talons. (105pts)

Warriors; Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talonsx3, Venom Canonsx1, Death Spitterx2 (Scything talons:Guns=1:1).
    (118pts)

Troops:
    Gauntsx11; Spinefists. (55pts)

Gauntsx10; Spinefists. (50pts)

Gauntsx10; Spinefists. (50pts)

Heavy Support:
    Carnifex; Adrenal Glands WS, Bonded Exoskeleton, Regenerate, Reinforced Chitin, Spine Banks, Toxin Sacs, Crushing Claws, Scything Talons. (198pts)

Zoanthrope; Synapse Creature, Warp Blast. (65pts)

TOTAL: 1500pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

the list looks good as a whole but a few minor things:

either drop the adrenal glands and lash whip and bonesword of the tyrant and add a barbed strangler plus some toxin sacs (to offset the -S adjustments) or remove the gun and give it wings and no guard and make it a CC monster with 2 ST and toxin sacs, adrenal glands. also 3 tyrant guard is a bit many so drop 1 and use the points elsewhere. Also take the WS adrenal gland off the warriors as they won't need it in combat with the rending claws in effect. Finally put guns on the carnifex as they take so long to get anywhere and the enemy can easily out manouver them so put s VC and BS on it for whole squad death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is one thing I have learned it is that you do not want a CC fex. They have 6 inch movement. I would suggest making that sucker cheaper and taking all that crap off of him. All you need is a Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, and Enhanced Senses...cheap and effective.

I must compliment your troops choices. I love Spinegaunts. I usually mix it up a little with some Hormies too, though. I like to have a straight line of Spinegaunt infront of my Hormies (basic ones). Have the Spinegaunt about 1 1/2 inches away from eachother, so they can get a round of shooting off, then in the same turn your Hormies can leap through and slaughter the remaining foes.

I would definitely have to say trash the Lash Whip and Bonesword. Anything over that is preferred. Maybe a Barbed Strangler to add to the firepower until the tyrant and guard get to CC. Or maybe you want Talons to enhance the CC experience lol. I don't think I would trash any guard though. I think I'd max on them if I didn't have a Winged Tyrant. It absorbs a lot of the firepower and if it doesn't achieve that much, at least it will rip anything apart lol.

Warriors are looking good. That's how I usually use the shooty ones. I do prefer Rending with Talons though.

I wouldn't waste points for Tendrils or Adrenal Glands for you Broodlord. The WS and I are high enough already.

I would throw in at least 1, but probably 2 Zoanthropes. With all those gaunts, you really need to make sure you have Synapse coverage.
    --When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup yup, I agree with the feedback so far but have some things to add.

Make your CC fex a shooty one, with ES, BS and VC plus either chitin or EC. That redundancy with your first one will be important to avoid getting the first one shot up and being SOL for anti-tank.

Drop the Tyrant Guard, spend the points on Zoanthropes like your fist one, which is good. Either A) drop the lash whip and go with a BS, or give him winged with 2x ST, plus EC/Warp Field. I recommend going winged, so the gaunts don't have to slow down any to avoid outracing your zoanthropes. Also, he doesn't need any extra WS: As long as your WS is higher than your opponent's, adding any more WS has no effect on the rolls you and he need.

As for the shooty fex you have there, get rid of the regenerate and I'd recommend dropping either the exoskeleton or the chitin, so you have more points. Right now he's really really expensive.

For the warriors drop the I and WS and I would recommend giving them EC and leaping.

I like the overall concept of your list, but it's not quite optimized IMO.

+ Reply to Thread