unsure 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: unsure 1500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unsure 1500pts

First post yay!

Anyway, although I haven't played tau once i'm thinking about starting. i'm not new to 40k and already own chaos (mostly nugle but with a sprinking of other marks), tyranid and dark eldar. I also tend to prefer armies with a strong cheddar taste as well...

so I've designed a 1500pt list and wish for C&C and if possible (hopefully not) improvements.

HQ:
    Shas'O w/ cyclic ion blaster, Plasma rifle, fusion blaster, stimulant injector, hard wired shield drone, multi tracker. - 137pts (I may have missed out writing something but I do know it equals 137pts...)

ethereal w/ 11 honour guard, all with pulse rifles, with devilfish transport , devilfish has decoy launchers. - 267pts*

elites:
    Crisis suit w/ plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker, targetting array - 67pts

Crisis suit w/ plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker, targetting array - 67pts

6 stealthguits w/ 1 fusion blaster, markerlight drone, gun drone - 255pts
    troops:
    12 fire warriors with devilfish with decoy launchers - 205pts*

17 kroot - 119pts (I know random number but I needed to knock off some points)*

fast attack:
    8 pathfinders with 3 railrifles, devilfish has decoy launchers. - 211pts

heavy support:
    Hammerhead w/ railgun, burst cannons, decoy launcher, multi tracker - 165pts

broadside w/ advanced stabilsation system - 70pts*

Underlined units in italics (just to get really noticed) are ones which i'm not sure about.

I can have either in the points allowed the two broadsides or the kroot plus two devilfish get seeker missiles. Both equal the same points and both have pros and cons.

kroot - counter attack, infiltrate, can support stealthsuits; plus seeker missiles for some more anti tank.

broadsides - awesome antitank ability, no combat ability...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Welcome to LO noone!

Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post

HQ:
    Shas'O w/ cyclic ion blaster, Plasma rifle, fusion blaster, stimulant injector, hard wired shield drone, multi tracker. - 137pts (I may have missed out writing something but I do know it equals 137pts...)...
    you should go for a Shas'el for saving points and give him the TA to give him the impressive BS5! also you should ditch the drones to bring him down to the IC status, of which i think is more beneficial

ethereal w/ 11 honour guard, all with pulse rifles, with devilfish transport , devilfish has decoy launchers. - 267pts*
    good setup here that's what i would do, but i'll also give the honour guard photon grenades for added survivability

elites:

good setup here i don't see any problems here.

this squad is good, but it's the drones that's the problem expecially the markerlight drone, i'd drop that because it'll have no use when your continuiously moving and is a waste of points for a drone, it can be better spent elsewhere

troops:
    this squad has a nice setup, but i do recommend PG also for it as you need some staying power if you get charged (trust me, it'll happen!)

17 kroot - 119pts (I know random number but I needed to knock off some points)* .
    great for keeping them of the rest of your troops, gotta love 'em!

fast attack:
    i'd drop the rail rifles and use some of the points to give them PG, ML's are more useful! and the PG, you dunno when they come in handy!

heavy support:
    this bad boy is great you've gotta love that pie plate! i'd change the BC for the SMS for it's great benefits!

i swear that the Advanced Stabilisation Sys. costs something when you choose them, i could be wrong 'cause i don't have the 'dex....
    i like the basis of your list and i find that it has some kick ass ability, sure hope my advice would come in handy for you, lloks like a solid list, well done (Y)

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Hey, you posted this in the other forum as well, i will grab my comments from there and bring em over.
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

First things first.
    Make sure you post in the right forum. There is a special little spot for army lists (look a little higher on your web browser ) so make sure you post em there next time.
    That being said, welcome to the greater good and let's have us a little look at your list.

HQ:
    Shas'O w/ cyclic ion blaster, Plasma rifle, fusion blaster, stimulant injector, hard wired shield drone, multi tracker. - 137pts (I may have missed out writing something but I do know it equals 137pts...)

hmmm, okay, there are a couple of things i will say about this guy.
    First off, putting shield drones on your Crisis suits actually make your suits more vulnerable, rather than more survivable. The reason for this is that you lose your Independant Charecter status. IC status is probably the best thing at keeping your HQ alive, because all you have to do is make sure he is not the closest guy to an enemy unit (pretty easy with Jump shoot Jump) and you can't even be shot at.
    Second, what you have here is actually quite expensive, and strictly speaking i think its illegal (remember three hard points plus your HW's). A really great trick with Tau is to just take a Shas'El, give him two weapons (three weapons is just wasting points. You can only ever fire two, so you may as well get the most for the points you spend) give him a TA and a HWMT, that way you save yourself a good 43 points, but don't lose out on the important stats (BS).
    Im not a big fan of the CIB, so i would drop that in favor of the Fusion and the Plamsa. But either drop the CIB or the Fusion.

Interesting. Normally the Ethereal stays with the gun line to help out with his great LD and special rules. But seeing as you don't really have a Gun line, i would, in all honestly like to suggest this. Drop the Ethereal. If you want him, then he is all yours, but seeing as this army is really a full mech army, i would suggest replace the ethereal with a Fire Warrior and put this whole unit in the troops section. The Ethereal "can" help in a static army, but they are really just asking for trouble in a mech style force.

elites:

Okay, i think you need to upgrade these guys to shas'vre status or at least team leaders in order to take that forth hard point (and remember it has to be hard wired). I like these guys a lot, keep em as is, but yeah make sure they are legal

troops:

Okay, again you need to take a shas'vre in order to take the upgrades (the drone controllers) so you need to drop them. Also you don't need the Fusion blaster here. These guys are actually way mroe effective if you keep them as six straight stealth suits all with burst cannons.

No problems here at all (have you heard about the warfish.......thats a fun little variant, do a search for it). I would move the other firewarriors down here sans ethereal.

17 kroot - 119pts (I know random number but I needed to knock off some points)*

A very big unit. Something you might want to consider here is dropping some of the kroot (say seven of them) for kroot hounds. They make you WAY more hard hitting in close combat, and will really help you out as they have all the same special rules as the kroot. Kroot are great, give em a shot.

fast attack:

So the question you have to ask here is; Why did i take Pathfinders. If the answer was to get markerlights on the board, go all out. Drop the railrifles and grab as many markers as you can. If your answer was to get railrifles on the board, then get a sniper drone team. They are heaps better at it than pathfinders. Either way i would lose the railrifles.

heavy support:

Love it, if anything, i would try and get another one.

Seeing as the rest of the army is mech anyway (even the kroor can infiltrate and get forward position) drop these guys out. Try and find the points for another Hammerhead exactly the same as this one above.

Alright, well those are my suggestions, do with them what you will.

Have fun winning for the greater good.
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

+ Reply to Thread