1000 point necrons for a team tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

1000 point necrons for a team tourney

Ok heres my final list that I will use saturday

Lord res orb...140

6 immortals....168

11 warriors...198

12 warriors...216

8 sacrabs with d-fields...128

3 destroyer...150

Total....1000

Models...41

phase out...9

Ok I know that this is a badish list unfornately I can't change much at all because I don't have anymore warriors. Tips tactics maybe changes?

Prey they don't take you alive

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Your PO is 10...anyhow...

I would drop the Immortals and pick up 3 more Destroyers and buy a Warrior for the "11" squad. Mobility is key, you want to keep your opponent off balance. Their tanks will fear the wall of 24 wounds with dFields and the flanking with those Destroyers. Meanwhile, your phalanx and its guns march forward. Your Immortals will be wasted first turn, in my opinion.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kore View Post
    Your PO is 10...anyhow...

I would drop the Immortals and pick up 3 more Destroyers and buy a Warrior for the "11" squad. Mobility is key, you want to keep your opponent off balance. Their tanks will fear the wall of 24 wounds with dFields and the flanking with those Destroyers. Meanwhile, your phalanx and its guns march forward. Your Immortals will be wasted first turn, in my opinion.
    How is the phase out 10? I have 33 necrons so really the phase out is 8.25.

Ok why will my immortals die first turn? They are going to be in the middle of my phalanx so you would need a leadership test to shot them and they will be near a res orb. I will not line them up so that they will all fit under a ordance template either. They will help pump out shoots as my phalanx advances. That is 12 extra shots compared to the 9 that three extra destoryers would give me, sure not as strong, but still stronger enough and the same ap so they work just as well against toughness 3 targets and still wound pretty easily against Meq.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by necronoob View Post
    How is the phase out 10? I have 33 necrons so really the phase out is 8.25.
    Heh, yeah, I read your model count as the "Necron" count, seeing as that is the general format seen around these parts. My mistake. But your PO count of 9 is still wrong, it is 8(round down). I'm not going to do the math(or cover the rules) as I think I've done it twice on these forums in the past 2 weeks.

Ok why will my immortals die first turn? They are going to be in the middle of my phalanx so you would need a leadership test to shot them and they will be near a res orb. I will not line them up so that they will all fit under a ordance template either. They will help pump out shoots as my phalanx advances. That is 12 extra shots compared to the 9 that three extra destoryers would give me, sure not as strong, but still stronger enough and the same ap so they work just as well against toughness 3 targets and still wound pretty easily against Meq.
    I didn't say "die", I said wasted. Destroyers are virtually guarenteed to get some shots in the first round, not so with the Immortals. Generally, it's not a good idea to keep your army in one big block for your enemy to focus on. Keep them guessing.

If you really don't believe me on the PO thing, I guess I can go over it again, if you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kore View Post
    Heh, yeah, I read your model count as the "Necron" count, seeing as that is the general format seen around these parts. My mistake. But your PO count of 9 is still wrong, it is 8(round down). I'm not going to do the math(or cover the rules) as I think I've done it twice on these forums in the past 2 weeks.

I didn't say "die", I said wasted. Destroyers are virtually guarenteed to get some shots in the first round, not so with the Immortals. Generally, it's not a good idea to keep your army in one big block for your enemy to focus on. Keep them guessing.

If you really don't believe me on the PO thing, I guess I can go over it again, if you want.

Sorry I mistook your wording I thought by wasted you meant killed.

Anyway they have a range of 30" with there movement so that is good range considering that the rest of my army on the move only has a range of like 12". I can see what you are saying, but I feel that this is a nice round list, but I really don't want to spread my army to much, because than they can be killed off quicker than they can if near the lord. Necrons work well when in a block that's what they were made for,not spread out style of play.

Ok I wasn't sure if you ever rounded down with the phase out so that helps a little I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Ok I wasn't sure if you ever rounded down with the phase out so that helps a little I guess.
    Definitely. The rule works in our favor, thankfully, when it comes to fractions of a "Necron". Don't let anyone argue "round up" as this refers to the quantity(75%) of "Necrons" that need to be destroyed, not remaining. Mathematically, the complimentary statement would be to "round down" when referring to the "Necrons" remaining(25%).

+ Reply to Thread