tired of my old army list 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tired of my old army list 1500pts

ok this is the list I've most recently played with:

HQ
    Hive Tyrant
    - Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Wings
    - Bioweapons: 2x Twinlinked Devourers
    - Hive Mind Powers: Warp Field
    - Cost: 196pts

ELITE
    CC Warriors x3
    - Biomorphs: Leaping, Adrenal Grands (I), Extended Carpace
    - Bioweapons: Scything Talons, Rending Claws
    - Cost: 38 * 3 = 114 pts

Shootly Warriors x4
    - Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carpace, Toxin Sacs
    - Bioweapons: 3x Deathspitters, 1x Barbed Strangler, x4 Rending Claws
    - Cost: 38 * 3 + 43 = 157 pts

TROOP
    Homagaunts x13
    - Cost: 130 pts

Homagaunts x13

Homagaunts x13

Genestealers x6
    - Biomorphs: Extended Carpace
    - Cost: 6 * 20 = 120 pts

Genestealers x6
    - Biomorphs: Extended Carpace
    - Cost: 6 * 20 = 120 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Zoanthropes x3
    - Hive Mind Powers: Warp Blast, Synapse
    - Cost: 65 * 3 = 195 pts

Carnifex
    - Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carpace, Reinforced Chitin, Bonded Exoskeleton
    - Bioweapons: Vennom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
    - Cost: 208 pts

Total Army Cost: 1500 pts

Did pretty well, won a solid victory. But almost all my lists have been like this and I'm starting to get a little bit tired of this kind of list. So I'll need some advice on what other sort of lists I can make with my models that I already own (list below).

# (number of models) Name (what model) : WYSIWYG (stuff visible on the model)
    HQ
    1x Hive Tyrand : Walking, Vennom Cannon, Devourer, Extended Carpace, Enhanced Senses
    1x Hive Tyrand : Winged, x2 Devourers, Toxin Sacs, Enhanced Senses
    1x Hive Tyrand : not assembled yet

ELITE
    6x Warriors : Leaping, Rending Claws, Sycting Talons, Extended Carpace, Flesh Hooks, Adrenal Grands
    3x Warriors : Deathspitters, Rending Claws, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carpace, Toxin Sacs
    1x Warriors : Vennom Cannon, Rending Claws, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carpace, Toxin Sacs
    1x Warriors : Barbed Strangler, Rending Claws, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carpace, Toxin Sacs

1x Lictor
    2x Lictor : not assembled yet

TROOP
    35x Gaunts Spinegaunts : Spinefists
    44x Gaunts Hormagaunts
    6x ripperswarms (can make even more bases if I only have 3/base, currently 5/base)
    26x Stealers : Extended Carpace

FAST ATTACK
    3x Ravengers : Rending Claws

HEAVY SUPPORT
    3x Zoanthropes
    1x Carnifex : x2 Scyting Talons (god'ol 2nd Ed fex)
    1x Carnifex : Enhanced Senses, Extended Carpace, Vennom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
    1x Biovore

So there's my models. I don't have a Broodlord but I think I can easily convert a lictor to one. I don't really want to buy more models (mostly I think I've already wasted too much money on this army) but I may want to buy a new carnifex (because my old one is ugly and don't have the citin and exoskeleton biomorph visible on the model) and maybe some more stealers (because the models look nice and are easy to convert). I mostly play friendly games where WYSIWYG isn't important, but occasionally I play at hobby stores and tourneys where they're pretty strict with WYSIWYG.
    So fire away with your ideas and thoughts, comments on my current list are welcome too.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Starters no individual point costs ie. Warriors, believe they would count against forum rules.

If you want to change up the list, I'd either make it more of a fast attack list, ie gargoyles and lots of them. But since you don't really want to buy stuff then, throw in all your genestealers and otherwise make it as much of a horde as possible. That or you could probably try a TMC list.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Starters no individual point costs ie. Warriors, believe they would count against forum rules.
    no my points posted are from after I've added all the biomorph/weapon costs... so it isn't against the forum rules. I'd violate the rules if I'd post the exact point cost of an individual biomorph or the base cost of a model writen in the codex wich I haven't.

mass gargoyles are too expensive to buy... I belive I can convert from normal gaunts... but nah too time consuming. Zilla list... maybe I've to buy some more fexses then >_<

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

no my points posted are from after I've added all the biomorph/weapon costs... so it isn't against the forum rules. I'd violate the rules if I'd post the exact point cost of an individual biomorph or the base cost of a model writen in the codex wich I haven't.
    Well my mistake then, they say you learn something new everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone fill me in on zilla lists... as I've never played with one or seen one in action. What are theis strengths and weaknesses?... I've heard lots of ppl over some forums that wine about how unbeatable a zilla list is (but that was some time ago).

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhaf View Post
    can anyone fill me in on zilla lists... as I've never played with one or seen one in action. What are theis strengths and weaknesses?... I've heard lots of ppl over some forums that wine about how unbeatable a zilla list is (but that was some time ago).
    This is the picture I've gotten after surfing/lurking around here for a while:

A 'zilla-list consists of as many TMC you can have (Ideally 8, 3elitefexxes, 3 HSfexxes, 2 HT, the walking one(s) possibly with guards), dishing out lots and lots of pain, backed up by stealers (hiding behind TMCs -> won't get blown up).

Basicly your opponent freaks out when a wall of monsters slowly advance towards him - refusing to die - and he is unable to kill neither the TMCs, nor one of the most deadly troop choices in the whole galaxy prancing around behind your happy sniperfexxies...

:3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zhaf View Post
    This is the picture I've gotten after surfing/lurking around here for a while:

A 'zilla-list consists of as many TMC you can have (Ideally 8, 3elitefexxes, 3 HSfexxes, 2 HT, the walking one(s) possibly with guards), dishing out lots and lots of pain, backed up by stealers (hiding behind TMCs -> won't get blown up).

Basicly your opponent freaks out when a wall of monsters slowly advance towards him - refusing to die - and he is unable to kill neither the TMCs, nor one of the most deadly troop choices in the whole galaxy prancing around behind your happy sniperfexxies...

:3
    In addition to that, you do want to be careful with the number of TMC's you put in they can be a major point drain and mixed with stealers, oh boy. If you run genestealers you should need to give them extended carapaces because they should be shielded by the TMC's. Rippers are also a good troop choice because they are cheap you can buy a minimum amount of them and use the rest of your points to max out your TMC's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I know the logic with zilla lists... (all MCs next to none other stuff, big and scary etc etc) I wanna know your thoughts on zilla lists... are they fun to play... do your opponents think it's funt to play against zilla lists. are zilla lists unbalanced (if yes in wich way?). Do ppl scream cheese (or power gamer) in tounaments when you bring a zilla list? are there any efficient anti-zilla lists strategies (eldar biel-tan with firedragons+falcons/waveserpents must be a good anti zilla list )? etc etc... the questions are many ^^

First I thought to try out a zilla-list approach... but then I looked in my wallet and decided to go with a more cheaper approach namely a little more "elite" oriented the "stealer-list", what're your thoughts and experience with stealer lists (probably the same thoughts as with the zilla lists above)? well not all stealer but like 50%+ stealers, rest is probably lictors and other elite feeling units, my aim for an elite stealer list would be no MCs. Oh just wondering are the "Impaler Brood" and "Strangler Brood" still legit? as they're still on the tyranid main page at GW uk website.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Oh just wondering are the "Impaler Brood" and "Strangler Brood" still legit? as they're still on the tyranid main page at GW uk website.
    To the best of my knowledge and as long as you have that bit of information with you then yes they are still legit.

+ Reply to Thread