2K Mainly CC Numbers list...open for all opinions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K Mainly CC Numbers list...open for all opinions

I really like how this looks.

2000 Points/104 Models

HQ 1x Hive Tyrant
    -Adrenal Glands
    -Adrenal Glands
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Toxic Miasma
    -Scything Talons
    -Scything Talons
    -Winged
    -Warp Field

HQ 1x Broodlord
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Retinue:
    -7x Genestealer
    -Extended Carapace

E 2x Lictor

E 4x Warrior
    -Adrenal Glands
    -Adrenal Glands
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Leaping
    -Scything Talons
    -Rending Claws

4T 16x Hormagaunt
    4(160)

2T 10x Spinegaunt
    2(50)

HS 3x Zoanthrope
    -Synapse Creature
    -Warp Blast

2HS Carnifex
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Barbed Strangler
    -Venom Cannon
    2(14

--When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Same suggestions as your first list, and I think you need some more fast synapse for this list, especially with all those hormagaunts.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you think that the Infiltrating Broodlord unit and the Winged Tyrant is enough fast synapse until the rest arrive? It usually works out for me. Other than that...anything else wrong with this list?
    --When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

If they work fine for you okay, but at some point your going to get a player who knows that strategy and he's going to tear it apart at the seams. Its just a suggestion, you don't have to take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Thanks for the advice. Just wondering though...besides that, do you see anythign else wrong with the list?
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

After tonights performance that I saw/played with Zoanthropes, I would replace them with another Sniperfex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thropes 'Til the End

I would never replace Zoanthropes. They are one of my favorite of the nids. In this list they are crucial because they provide much needed synapse coverage. Some say that the hormies will just outrun the synapse, but I can move them so at least one is in synapse range. Also, I have never fought a battle with thropes that they didn't more than make up for their point value. I love those suckers. Maybe the game you saw involved either bad rolls or a lot of focus on the thopes...cause they are that BA.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I don't actually think synapse would be to much of a problem for you with or without the thropes. Your broodlord and flyrant are fast and what the rest of your little bugs would be running to anyway.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

I would never replace Zoanthropes. They are one of my favorite of the nids. In this list they are crucial because they provide much needed synapse coverage. Some say that the hormies will just outrun the synapse, but I can move them so at least one is in synapse range. Also, I have never fought a battle with thropes that they didn't more than make up for their point value. I love those suckers. Maybe the game you saw involved either bad rolls or a lot of focus on the thopes...cause they are that BA.
    2 out of 6 tries hit, killing about four whole marines, these guys didn't get attention till all the carnifexes and effective assault troops were gone. And it can't be blamed on bad rolls because my assault warriors killed 5 bikes and 3 terminators via rending.

Zoanthropes really aren't that fast for synapse, at 6" a turn your better off with a squad of three flying assault warriors, which by the way, put together just the right way is cheaper then two thropes with just warp blast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried battles without the thropes. What happened was the enemy focused completely on my synapse and I didn't have a chance. All there is, is a Winged Tyrant, 4 Warriors, and a Broodlord. When I lost without thropes, I had the Tyrant and 3 groups of 4 Warrios (8 assault and 4 shooty). In this list, without thropes synapse is even weaker with a Broodlord and 7 stealers replacing 8 warriors. I don't want my 740 points of gaunts to go to waste.

I see what you are saying that the thropes are so much slower, but I use them mainly as artillery and secondary synapse incase my tyrant, broodlord, and/or warriors die. It usually takes awhile for my primary synapse to die out, and by then the thropes have caught up or are at least within synapse.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

+ Reply to Thread