[1500] Necron - friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Necron - friendly

Hye, I came up with a 1500 Necron army list and wanted some opinions about it. Thanks!

HQ

Necron Lord
    +Phylactery, Ressurection Orb

Total = 155

Elites

10 Immortals
    10 Flayed Ones

Total = 460

Troops

3x 10 Warriors

Total = 540

Fast Attack

3 Wraiths
    2 Destroyers

Total = 221

Heavy Support

2 Heavy Destroyers

Total = 130

Total army = 1506

Models 58

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Destroyers come in a unit size of 3-5 so you cannot have a unit of two.

I would drop the 2 x Heavy Destroyers and turn them into normal Destroyers

Personally i would drop the Wraiths for 10 Scarabs Swarms as i think Wraiths need to be in two units at least to be effective.

With the 25 points you have left u could get a lightning field for your lord and that will be 1500 exact. You could think about swaping the Phylactery for a Gaze of Flame.

I will note that im not a mayor fan of the field or the Phylactery i use them to be different and can make your opponent think twice about assalting a unit with the lord in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by null_sheen View Post
    Destroyers come in a unit size of 3-5 so you cannot have a unit of two.

I would drop the 2 x Heavy Destroyers and turn them into normal Destroyers

Personally i would drop the Wraiths for 10 Scarabs Swarms as i think Wraiths need to be in two units at least to be effective.

With the 25 points you have left u could get a lightning field for your lord and that will be 1500 exact. You could think about swaping the Phylactery for a Gaze of Flame.

I will note that im not a mayor fan of the field or the Phylactery i use them to be different and can make your opponent think twice about assalting a unit with the lord in it.
    basically, I agree with this. he is right about the Destroyers.

Consider replacing your 2 destroyers with scarabs and keep the wraiths. Use the scarabs to support your wraiths and go for it. This way you got 3 cc units, which will surprise some opponents who never expect necrons to be particularly good at CC.
    Keep the heavy D's. Not many people are fond of them, but in my humble opinion they belong in every balanced Necron List.
    Not in my game you won't!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Yes drop the 2 heavy destroyers and get more normal destorys so you atleast have minimal squad size. If you want to use wraith I would take another squad of them and a squad of 10 scarabs and a destoryer lord. Than they work pretty well wraith wing I think it's called. I like the flayed ones, I have always had good luck with the few I have taken in battles. Good list after a few changes.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop the destroyers for more wraiths, scarabs, or flayed ones to increase your cc capabilities. More cc units is better in my opinion and makes for a fun list because most opponents expect shooty cron lists and have no idea what to do when they are faced with cc crons.

Scarabs would be my choise because they are cheap points wise and give vehicles trouble if you give them disruption fields, and they come in handy for tying up units if you dont want something shooting at your crons.
    "We are born for a darker purpose than that of mere existence, there will come a time when the stygian night never ends where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever." - Adept Corteswain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 destroyers are illegal. the min. is three. So i would drop these guys for a nother heavy detroyer and then use the excess points to gear up the lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions. I dropped the Destroyers and got 10 Scarab Swarms. I also chaged the ressureciotn orb for the gaze of flame so I could stay within 1500 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I dropped the Destroyers and got 10 Scarab Swarms. I also chaged the ressureciotn orb for the gaze of flame so I could stay within 1500 points.
    You droped the res orb, why? make room for it drop a couple of swarms you n eed a least one res orb. NEED
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necronoob View Post
    You droped the res orb, why? make room for it drop a couple of swarms you n eed a least one res orb. NEED
    Echo that. Only if you're playing in a rigged Battle Report you don't take a ResOrb. Or if you absolutely know there are no Power Weapons or S8+ Weapons on the field. And when is that the case? Never.
    Not in my game you won't!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I put it back. I maintained the original extras of my Lord and dropped two scarab for the excess points. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread