1500 pts fun list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts fun list

I was just kinda flipping throught the fourm pages and looking at my codex and thought to my self i would be pretty fun to mess around with scatter lasers and guardians, as i really have never used them all that much prefereing a more mech like army. So i did a little math hammer and came up with this, and was wondering if it had a tactical viability lol so yeah as this is just a fun list feel free to be harsh as i really have no deep seeded emotional atachments to it so i assure you your words will not harm me lol.

HQ - (85)

Farseer - 85 (guide for Walkers, couldnt hurt right? plus it give me a cheap effective HQ unit that will definitley help earn its points back.)
    Runes of witness, guide

TROOPS - (940)

9 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch w/ SP & PW Blade Storm - 280 (these can capture objective as needed and also give me a counter assult and some more intence troops, also the serpents give me some AT if i dont switch the vypers to ML's i will probally do it here, but yeah if any one wants to way in on that that would be great)
    Wave Serpent w/ TL Star Cannons, Sprit Stones, Shuriken cannon

9 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch w/ SP & PW Blade Storm - 280
    Wave Serpent w/ TL Star Cannons, Sprit Stones, Shuriken cannon

10 Guardians - 95 (numbers and scatter lasers good amount of fire power for not a lot of price)
    Scatter Laser Platform

10 Guardians - 95
    Scatter Laser Platform

10 Guardians - 95
    Scatter Laser Platform

10 Guardians - 95
    Scatter Laser Platform

Fast Attack - (130)
    Vyper - 65 pts ( These give me some meq punch, and in a jam can tank hunt, wasentertaining the thought of missile lauchers instead beacuse then it could multi task where i needed the anti tank or blast template.)
    Starcannon

Vyper - 65 pts
    Starcannon

Heavy Support - (33
    1 Falcon - 180 pts (I thought about just taking 3 more walkers but figured i needed some extra punch so i opted to take the falcon with its pusle laser)
    Scatter Laser, Holo field, Spirit Stone

3x War Walkers - 180
    2x Scatter Lasers

3x War Walkers - 180
    2x Scatter Lasers

1493 pts
    Models: 83
    76 Str 6 shots a turn plus infantry weapons
    So yeah any thoughts would be nice, just something fun i put together so yeah hopefully i'll get some posts back

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Well it is a list that I personally like, BUT. Oh there is always a but lol. you have a ton of str6 shots but that wont do you any good against an armour value of 13 will it. If I played this list I field a Land raider Crusade and raid everything you have on the table because it sure as hell will get its points back. you should try and make one of the walker units a tank hunting unit. I think taking out one if not two guardian units could free up a lot of points for some heavier weapons. You will most likely be vulnerable to Assaults with this list too but hopfully with all those shots you can stop most anything that wold think of doing that!

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright so this is what the new list looks like, I removed the Falcon thinking that with the Wave serpants with bright lances, it would be enough anti tank, and switched them to War walkers with scaterlasers to give me an even higher shot turn out. Also I took out 1 squad of guardians to pay for those Bright lances, and through in another Star cannon vyper. That way i still have some of my Ap2 punch for those nasty Termies and such. Any ways i would really really apreciate people thoughs, as this is the point of this website for us as a gaming comunitey to help one another out, I know tons of people have seen these postst so please somebody give me some feed back.

HQ - (85)

Farseer - 85 (guide for Walkers)
    Runes of witness, guide

TROOPS - (865)

9 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch w/ SP & PW Blade Storm - 290
    Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lances, Sprit Stones, Shuriken cannon

9 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch w/ SP & PW Blade Storm - 290
    Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lances, Sprit Stones, Shuriken cannon

10 Guardians - 95
    Scatter Laser Platform

10 Guardians - 95
    Scatter Laser Platform

10 Guardians - 95
    Scatter Laser Platform

Fast Attack - (195)
    Vyper - 65 pts
    Starcannon

Vyper - 65 pts
    Starcannon

Vyper - 65 pts
    Starcannon

Heavy Support - (33
    3x War Walkers - 180
    2x Scatter Lasers

3x War Walkers - 180
    2x Scatter Lasers

3x War Walkers - 180
    2x Scatter Lasers

1483 pts
    Models: 64
    90 Str 6 shots a turn plus infantry weapons
    Last edited by proxy406; April 2nd, 2007 at 22:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree

I dont wan't to seem one your bad side, but i have to agree with Brother_ Kendo. You may have many shots, but it you don't have many things to fight other things off. I would say this is a troop killer army, more against Dark Eldar or Orks, an army with cheap troop choices. If you being attacked by a Land Raider, and Bro.Kendo had said, those shots wont matter too much. Your AP won't help against the land raider armor, and other stronger elites in other armies could take out those gaurdians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but how long is that land riader going to last against 2 tl bright lane shots those will at least provent it from shooting each turn if not out right kill it. which turns it into a 250 rhino with more armor, i am no all that worried about that, maybe a monolith with give me some problems, but in general i should be fine with the anti tank. potentially i can stick another bright land on one of the vypers or at least an EML to cover up any of those inadiquacies. any other sugestions would be much appreciated though

+ Reply to Thread