2000 point - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 point

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

2000 point campaign list

1 Lord with warscythe, phase shifter, destroyer body, rez orb (210)
    goes with
    3 Wraiths (123)
    3 Wraiths (123)

1 Lord with warscythe, Gaze of Flame, rez orb, phase shifter (195)
    goes with
    10 Flayed ones (180)

10 Warriors (180)
    12 Warriors (216)
    8 Flayed ones (144)
    5 Immortals (140) (I only have 5 immortals as I haven't converted enough for a 10 man squad)
    5 Destroyers (250)
    1 Monolith (235)

Total - 1996
    Phase out at 15

I would have 2 10 man warrior squads and 2 10 man flayed one squads but I need to get round to converting another 2 flayed ones out of warrior bits.
    Someone is probably going to say use more warriors; I hate them, so I usually stick to the minimum number.
    I intend to deep strike the monolith into the enemy so I can use it to get the flayed ones into combat then teleport them out of combat so they can charge back in. I love using the gaze of flame with flayed ones just to see the annoyance of someone counter charging me and not getting any extra attacks and it lowers the Ld when they test before attacking the FOs.

Any comments would be very helpful as I rarely battle at 2000 points and I need a big army for a campaign at my local store. ty.

Last edited by Towers; April 2nd, 2007 at 09:09. Reason: changing title to make sense
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

2. Remove Advertisements

Hannover, Germany
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

16 (x1)

Rather neat list, that's for sure. I like Necrons geared for CC and you've got some Firepower to back your CC-Units up too.

What I'm not so sure about are the Warscythes. In most games they are wasted potential, since invul saves are not so common that the use of a warscythe is warranted. Sure, you rock against terminators and stuff... but all I see is three lost AP 3 shots.

Consider swapping your Destroyers for 10 Scarabs. And getting 2 heavy Destroyers for the excess points. Sure, you diminish your Firepower, but you gain scoring units and some good support for your Wraith Wing.
    (I can already hear it: Heavy Destroyers suck, bla bla blabbity bla Trust me, they don't.)
    Not in my game you won't!!

+ Reply to Thread