Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Played a game last night, just for fun, and it went well, and was lots of fun, had my boy, who loves IG guessing all game!
1 Autarch w/bike fussion blaster, Chain sword, and mask
2 3 man guardian bike squads with cannon and warlock/spear and conceal
2 5 man Swooping hawks w/ exarch and withdraw
2 fire prisms with holo field
The warlocks/spears and blaster on Atarch were on tank duty, and took them out by turn 3 and the prisms with the hawks made short work of the troups. Never got into hth so can't tell you how that would have gone, though I was ready if it hapened, and conceal saved my bikes more than once(only lost 2) with the added save. Luckly the bikes drew the fire for fear of the spears and blaster, the only thing that hurt was having to get so close to kill the tanks. Anyways, I lost 1 prism and 2 bikes, and took out everything by the end of turn 6. ANyways, I wonder if this was just luck, or if this will work well, tell me what you think.
I would say that it was a little lucky that you only lost two bikes and fire prism. I dont know what kind of army you were facing, but there should have definately been a few more casualties, expecially against your bikes (even guardsmen should do some damage on the rapid fire!) I would recommend that you try beefing up your numbers a little bit so it isn't so easy for your opponent to pick their targets.
1000 points, is it?
Well, your army tends to be a bit on the anti-IG side, for a few reasons:
1) Hawks are the absolute devil against any IG army lacking Storm Troopers. These guys take care of any infantry with their shooting and big tanks with their grenades. Light infantry and big tanks - the exact definition of IG. Thank God you didn't take skyleap, or he would have been screamng, literally.
2) Every gun in your army, except for the two prism cannons, is exactly AP5, no more no less.
Actually, I thought that both your prisms should have been blown up or at least immobilized. Your table couldn't have been that big, so where'd the lascannon shots go?
Maybe you can tell us who credited most of the kills?
Your Jetbikes - they aren't that tough in comparison to Marine bikes, so I was surprised your opponents heavy bolters/plasma guns hadn't picked them out.
Your luck was fair, I'd say.
1. I did have skyleep, I put withdraw, but ment skyleep. sorry.
2. The Las shots went to the bikes, but I was haveing alot of luck on dice rolls using conceal almost like a inv save, he did shoot at the tanks once, and took one out, but when he relized that the bikes were the tank hunters and the Autarch was needed for the repeat skyleep templete trick, he switched to them, in hopes of saving his tanks and to hope that the skyleep would have a lesser effect.
3. I have to say its a toss up between the Hawks and the Prism for the most efective. The templetes made him sweat, as he had so many troops.
That coves it, I just wanted to give skyleep a try, and it was fun, and prisms are underestimated to the almighty falcon imo. Same ship, good gun. I don't know who this would do agenst SM or CSM but who knows, with a few changes, it may work.
Last edited by Autarch Nailothian; April 3rd, 2007 at 11:51.