1500 Nid Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1500 Nid Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Nid Army

Hi all. Playing with a nid army. Bought the box set and a couple other packs trying to form something formidable.

Hive Tyrant: Enhanced Senses, (toxin sacs, which after reading the forums I will most likely remove) 2x twin licked devourers, Warp Field, Flesh Hooks, Adrenal Glands (I), Bio Plasma. 223

Tyranid Warrior x5 Adrenal Glands, (I), Extended Carapace, Flesh Hooks, Leaping, Bio Plasma, Scything/Rending. 215

Hormagaunt (two broods, 16 each) Adrenal Glands, (I) Leaping/Beasts. 176

Geanstealers, 12. Extended Carapace, Fleet of claw. 220

Spinegaunts (three broods of 16) 240 total (80 each)

(And now, the big guy. My Fex, which I sadly have already built so I am thinking I will rip it apart and change him up.)

Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton, Reinforced Chitin, Barbed Strangler and Venom Cannon, Regen. 243.

Please be genital, I am new *chuckles*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

my main suggestion is that on the Hive tyrant you may want to remove the bio plasma and imp I. If you're planning on doing mostly shooting (and at 12 shots a turn, why not?) you shouldn't need those extra points. By removing the glands, the sacs and the plasma you are only 5 points short of upgrading to wings (which I personally would suggest)

The genestealers really should have flesh hooks, they're cheap and very very helpful, especially if assaulting cover.

I would also suggest dropping regen. If you do so you can give your tyrant wings, (coupled with my other suggestions) and give the genestealers flesh hooks. Other than that, looks like a fairly solid swarm with a few heavy hitters thrown in.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Hive Tyrant: Enhanced Senses, (toxin sacs, which after reading the forums I will most likely remove) 2x twin licked devourers, Warp Field, Flesh Hooks, Adrenal Glands (I), Bio Plasma. 223
    IMO, you should drop the warp field, flesh hooks, adrenal glands and Bio-plasma because he doens't have wings so you ought to just get him extended carapace, shooty and assault shouldn't be mixed. As well you should put longer ranged guns on him unless you give him wings.

Tyranid Warrior x5 Adrenal Glands, (I), Extended Carapace, Flesh Hooks, Leaping, Bio Plasma, Scything/Rending. 215
    Drop at minimum here the Bio-plasma, you don't want to kill your only viable target, at max get rid of the flesh hooks and AG(I).

Geanstealers, 12. Extended Carapace, Fleet of claw. 220
    Lose some spinegaunts or double up so that you can break this brood into two, spread out the pain and destruction.

Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton, Reinforced Chitin, Barbed Strangler and Venom Cannon, Regen. 243
    Way too expensive. This guy can, against most armies get away with 80pts less stuff on him. All he really needs is Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, the Barbed Strangler and the Venom Cannon.

I suggest investing some money and points into some fast attack options and some more synapse, most of your army requires synapse but you don't have anything for your fast hormagaunts to really rely on.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hurm

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    IMO, you should drop the warp field, flesh hooks, adrenal glands and Bio-plasma because he doens't have wings so you ought to just get him extended carapace, shooty and assault shouldn't be mixed. As well you should put longer ranged guns on him unless you give him wings.

Ok on this guy, I am figureing drop warp field, flesh hooks and AG and bio, give him wings.

Drop at minimum here the Bio-plasma, you don't want to kill your only viable target, at max get rid of the flesh hooks and AG(I).

With bio-olasma, do i HAVE to take the hit? i thought it was optional. And why drop flesh hooks and ag (I) if there CC?

Lose some spinegaunts or double up so that you can break this brood into two, spread out the pain and destruction. The spine gaunts are 3 broods of 16.

Way too expensive. This guy can, against most armies get away with 80pts less stuff on him. All he really needs is Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, the Barbed Strangler and the Venom Cannon.

I guess i thought better surviablity. WIth the points maybe i could get another group of warroirs or winged warroirs?

I suggest investing some money and points into some fast attack options and some more synapse, most of your army requires synapse but you don't have anything for your fast hormagaunts to really rely on.
    How would that work?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Ok on this guy, I am figureing drop warp field, flesh hooks and AG and bio, give him wings.
    Devourers are a short ranged gun and unless, the model is fast enough to easily get within range with them they become useless, only pick up warp field if your tyrant is going to fly because then you can't take extended carapace.

With bio-olasma, do i HAVE to take the hit? i thought it was optional.
    I am honestly confused by what you are asking here.

And why drop flesh hooks and ag (I) if there CC
    You can keep flesh hooks but with close combat warriors you rely on rending to make your kills if they eliminate a full squad it doesn't matter if they die, plus with leaping you shouldn't need to put all your warriors in harms way thus keeping most of them safe.

I guess i thought better surviablity. WIth the points maybe i could get another group of warroirs or winged warroirs?
    No matter how much you want him to survive he will go down most likely under the fire of Lascannons.

If you have any other questions that I may have missed just let us know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Tyrant
    Enhanced Senses, 2x Twin-Linked Devourers, Extended Carpace Winged.

Tyranid Warrior Brood x5
    Extended Carapace, , Leaping, Scything / Rending.
    Genestealers x12
    Troop
    Extended Carapace Fleet of claw

Hormagaunt Brood 16
    w/ Adrenal Glands (+I) Leaping/Beasts
    Hormagaunt Brood 16
    w/ Adrenal Glands (+I) Leaping/Beasts

Spinegaunts
    Fleet of Claw
    Spinegaunts
    Fleet of Claw
    Spinegaunts
    Fleet of Claw

Carinfex
    Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, also with Barbed Strangler and Venom Cannon.

I just found out i can't have wings and extended carapeace, but i will fix that soon. hows the revised list? i am sitting at like 1308ish points i think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

For neatness, either retype or copy and paste just certain parts, no offence but its just really choppy.

Enhanced Senses, 2x Twin-Linked Devourers, Extended Carpace Winged.
    He can't have extended carapace and wings, he can have the warp field and wings or be on foot and have the carapace. You might also want toxin sacs on him.

Otherwise, it seems fit, its lacking on synapse but I think I already mentioned that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YEah

should i go with another warroir uint with my 100 and change, or should i take a brood lord and retnue?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Broodlord with toxin sacs and extended carapace and 6 genestealers with extended carapace would be very decent, they might not last long but they'd do some damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is coming from some one who went to conflict with 4 MC, so don't take to seriously.

I would ditch half the stuff on your hive tyrant that isn't useful (warp field, warp blast, bioplasma) and give him e. carapace. Can't use warp blast and shoot in the same turn.

if you have a fex over 160pts, it aint worth it. you can dish out the same amount of pain with a cheaper fex as most of the expensive stuff is for survivability. This is uneeded on a T6 MC with 5 wounds. It WILL survive most of the game and if they focus all their shooting on it, GOOD. At 140-160 he can be expendable, at 243 he can't.

C) Take a winged hive tyrant. You can make these montrosites less than 150pts and it is all worth it to see your opponent just stare at it for 10 mins before the game starts.
    Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. And then, there are others...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast