Dark eldar [team tournament 100 pts] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark eldar [team tournament 100 pts]

Hi all,

In about a month we have a team tournament, i am going to play with a friend of mine that has just started with space wolfs. He is going for a all out close combat list, so i thought then i am going for an almost all out shooting list.

HQ

Archon
    -tormentor helm
    -punisher
    -shadow field
    -combat drugs
    -trophy rack
    5x Incubi's
    -raider
    -disintregator
    -horrorfex
    -shadow field

Troops

10x warriors
    -2 dark lances

10x warriors
    -2 dark lances

Fast attack

5x reaver jetbikes
    -2 blasters
    succubus
    -agoniser
    -tormentor helm

Heavy support

Ravanger
    -3 dark lances
    -Night shield

Ravenger
    -3 disintregators
    -night shield

total 996 points

The use of this list is to soften up the enemy for hist units to wipe out and to destroy all the pesty tanks there could be.

link to his list
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=92224 (Space wolves team tournament[1000])

any comment will be very welcom!

Thanks!

A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tdh6002 View Post
    Hi all,

In about a month we have a team tournament, i am going to play with a friend of mine that has just started with space wolfs. He is going for a all out close combat list, so i thought then i am going for an almost all out shooting list.

HQ

Archon
    -tormentor helm
    -punisher
    -shadow field
    -combat drugs
    -trophy rack
    5x Incubi's
    -raider
    -disintregator
    -horrorfex
    -shadow field

Ok wow that is way to many points in you Hq unit. At 1000 points never take incubi they are just to expensive. Drop the incubi and raider. That will open up 205 points with that you could get another ravager or 2 more sniper squads. I would use some of the points to get a Heamculus with scissorhands and a destructor. The heamculus could baby sit a squad of grotesques. The grotesques would be used as a counter charge unit in case your warriors get in some CC. All you would need is 5 or 6 grotesques and the heamculus that is only 45 of the heamculus and another 75 or 80 points that is only 125 points. Or if you don't like that you could get a bare bones ravager and get another 3 dark lances and still have points to get another sniper squad.
    Troops

10x warriors
    -2 dark lances

10x warriors
    -2 dark lances
    Looks good but you need more of these.
    Fast attack

5x reaver jetbikes
    -2 blasters
    succubus
    -agoniser
    -tormentor helm
    It looks like you are intending them for close combat, if you want a shooty tank hunting unit that drop down to 3 reavers with 2 blasters that is really cheap; only 95 points, or if they are a close combat unit than drop the blasters.
    Heavy support

Ravanger
    -3 dark lances
    -Night shield

Ravenger
    -3 disintregators
    -night shield

total 996 points

The use of this list is to soften up the enemy for hist units to wipe out and to destroy all the pesty tanks there could be.

link to his list
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=92224 (Space wolves team tournament[1000])

any comment will be very welcom!

Thanks!
    Ok if you reall;y want to take out tanks you need more dark lances, the best way to have them is sniper squads. For I "shooty" list you wouldn't want incubi because they are close combat monsters and are really best saved for 1500 point + games.

Good luck in the tourney!

Oh one last thing if you are going to have any objectives than mandrakes are very helpful.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

About the reavers. Do NOT drop the blasters or the succubus, that's a great unit as it is, I'd have it 6 strong preferably to keep them alive longer and help with leadership tests but it doesn't matter. Consider trading the agoniser in this unit for a power weapon in case you get the +1 strength drug, then you'll be killing marines on 3's. You don't need to really go changing your list to put more lances. In 1000 points you have plenty, don't get more sniper squads, in 1k, any more than 2 is wasteful unless you plan on JUST sitting there and shooting.

I don't really mind taking a very cheap squad of incubi in 1000 points just for fun but in this one case necronoob is right, if you take incubi, always have a very cheap dracon leading the squad (just give him poisoned blades and nothing else) otherwise it is wasteful. In this army I'd actually suggest dropping them altogether for the moment and replacing them with wyches, then putting them back in the list later on at 1500 and higher levels. For your HQ you could keep the archon and put him with the wyches or save points by using a dracon or some haemonculi. I do think it would be a good idea to conserve points to get more warriors, not more "sit there and lance" warriors, just more warriors so that you have a reasonable amount, I promise you won't regret it, warriors are perhaps our single best unit, next to wyches.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread