1850 pt RT list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1850 pt RT list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 pt RT list

There is an upcoming Rogue Trader tournament at the end of the month at my local store (Borderlands in Salem, Oregon) and I am bringing my Eldar. I have pretty much every model in the Eldar Codex with the exception of only possessing 1 Support Platform, Warlocks on Jetbikes, Jetbike Guardians or Wraithlords. So any and all comments will be welcome:

HQ
    Exodite Lord Illarion (Autarch) 130 pts
    - Megasaur (Jetbike), Ferocious mount (Mandiblaster), Lance of Kurnous (Laser Lance)

I am using a 'Counts as' model I have built instead of a Craftworld figure. This guys job is to either join the Exodite Knights (Shining Spears) or stay by himself and pick off isolated squads.

Troops
    Sword of Asuryan (10 Dire Avengers) 317 pts
    -Exarch Mearcaman: Dual Catapults, Bladestorm, Defend
    - Waveserpent: TL Eldar Missile Launchers, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines

-Exarch Solcaman: Dual Catapults, Bladestorm, Defend

For the Dire Avengers I will be using their newest models. Their job is to either grab objectives or soften up units for my Exodites Knights or Lord.

7 Pathfinders 168 pts

7 Pathfinders 168 pts

Their job is to provide an annoyance for my opponent and hopefully claim an objective at the end.

Fast Attack
    Stalkers of Y'nnead (8 Warp Spiders) 218 pts
    - Exarch: Dual Deathspinners, Power Blades, Withdraw

The role of my Warp Spiders will be pick off light armor and to support my Exodite Knights in either shooting or CC.

Hunters of Kurnous (Exodite Knight counting as Shining Spears) 212 pts
    - Exodite Prince: Withdraw

Using Wood Elf/Guardian/Dark Eldar Warriors riders atop Lizardmen Cold Ones, these guys will count as Shining Spears and their purpose is to engage the enemy is CC.

Heavy Support
    Wrath of Khaine (Fire Prism) 160 pts
    - Spirit Stone, Holo-Field

Fury of Khaine (Fire Prism) 160 pts

These guys will pick of enemy armour and perhaps anyone foolish enough to bunch together their Marines.

Grand Total: 1850 pts

"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth the Dark View Post
    There is an upcoming Rogue Trader tournament at the end of the month at my local store (Borderlands in Salem, Oregon) and I am bringing my Eldar. I have pretty much every model in the Eldar Codex with the exception of only possessing 1 Support Platform, Warlocks on Jetbikes, Jetbike Guardians or Wraithlords. So any and all comments will be welcome:

HQ
    Exodite Lord Illarion (Autarch) 130 pts
    - Megasaur (Jetbike), Ferocious mount (Mandiblaster), Lance of Kurnous (Laser Lance)
    Fine, dont forget he comes with a shuriken pistol so gets the extra attack
    I am using a 'Counts as' model I have built instead of a Craftworld figure. This guys job is to either join the Exodite Knights (Shining Spears) or stay by himself and pick off isolated squads.

Troops
    -Exarch Mearcaman: Dual Catapults, Bladestorm, Defend

-Exarch Solcaman: Dual Catapults, Bladestorm, Defend

For the Dire Avengers I will be using their newest models. Their job is to either grab objectives or soften up units for my Exodites Knights or Lord.
    Good but you can save points by dropping the Vectored engines
    7 Pathfinders 168 pts

7 Pathfinders 168 pts
    Try and field even numbers in units

Not overly imrpessed, cover tends to be sparse in RT tourneys and these guys will need it, add to that their general lack of killing power and I would trim down to one onit of say 6
    Their job is to provide an annoyance for my opponent and hopefully claim an objective at the end.

Fast Attack
    Stalkers of Y'nnead (8 Warp Spiders) 218 pts
    - Exarch: Dual Deathspinners, Power Blades, Withdraw

The role of my Warp Spiders will be pick off light armor and to support my Exodite Knights in either shooting or CC.
    Nice
    Hunters of Kurnous (Exodite Knight counting as Shining Spears) 212 pts
    - Exodite Prince: Withdraw

Using Wood Elf/Guardian/Dark Eldar Warriors riders atop Lizardmen Cold Ones, these guys will count as Shining Spears and their purpose is to engage the enemy is CC.
    give the exarch a star lance, to be honest skilled rider would be usefull in some casses too
    Heavy Support
    Wrath of Khaine (Fire Prism) 160 pts

Fury of Khaine (Fire Prism) 160 pts

These guys will pick of enemy armour and perhaps anyone foolish enough to bunch together their Marines.

Grand Total: 1850 pts
    you shouldbe qble to free up points from the bits I made to get qnother unit, perhaps war wlkers with scatter lasers or shuriken cannon?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

we disagree again

Here we will have to agree to disagree again cheredanine. I believe that with pathfinders you get what you pay for. Their does not need to be alot of cover for them to find a place to hide. Usually you can just find a small piece of cover in your deployment zone and have them hide out there for the rest of the game taking pot shots. They also work wonders against low leadership armies where their pinning tests become very effective. Also Due to their increased cover saves they can be extremely hard for an enemy to deal with.

The bottom line with these guys is do not expect miracles but do expect a unit of 6 to get 2 rending shots per turn!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

(Double post dealt with)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    Here we will have to agree to disagree again cheredanine.
    fair enough, but lets just see why.. (appoloogies for bad typing, left fingers are nerfed from rugby)
    I believe that with pathfinders you get what you pay for. Their does not need to be alot of cover for them to find a place to hide. Usually you can just find a small piece of cover in your deployment zone and have them hide out there for the rest of the game taking pot shots.
    Agree with this, but in this case he has 2 squads and I said, in my experiance there is not often much good cover on RT tourneys
    They also work wonders against low leadership armies where their pinning tests become very effective.
    In princple true, but then if you compare to say a couple of war walkers with shuriken cannon, which dont have pinning, the walkers will inflict more damage and the moral test then becomes one of running, rather than pinning, I would rather have low moral troops flee the table in abject panic than pinned and shooting at me
    Also Due to their increased cover saves they can be extremely hard for an enemy to deal with.
    Agree, they are increadibly hard to shoot if deployed in good cover, but that :
    a) requires the cover (see above)
    and
    b) doesnt kill anything in its self
    The bottom line with these guys is do not expect miracles but do expect a unit of 6 to get 2 rending shots per turn!
    shots are not as good as rending, in act just straight maths hammer, on average a unit of 6 will in effect rend once every other turn.

Not saying they dont have their uses - TMCs? greater Demons? even C'Tan, rather perverseley, Avatars and wraithlords - these are all prime targets, but for my money, or rather my points, I want something that kills the enemy faster, particulry since any enemy woth his salt is going to be coming at you at warp 9, 1 kill ever other turn, equates to a 24 or 35 inch move and 6 inch charge for a jump pack unit
    Last edited by Cheredanine; April 10th, 2007 at 15:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

once again...

Once again I have to disagree. My pathfinders have proven much more effective than that. I usually filed a unit of 6 and with 6 shots per turn that rend on a 5 or a 6 I see at least one rend per turn usually, if not 2-3. Also taking in to account the fact that they can shoot from the first turn of the game rather than having to either be transported or slog forward to get in range like most other troops they should definitely make their points worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    Once again I have to disagree. My pathfinders have proven much more effective than that. I usually filed a unit of 6 and with 6 shots per turn that rend on a 5 or a 6 I see at least one rend per turn usually,
    OK 1 I would give you but you dont get to kill much more than 1 per turn
    if not 2-3.
    ok lets do the maths, first per turn:
    6 shots on a spread gives you 3 misses, 2AP1 shots and one hit
    That is something in the order of 1 wound ignoring armour. (they are still not rending, they lack the ant tank ability of rending)

Against a static shooty unit, they are probably in cover so 0-1 death per turn

Againt an assault army, 1 per turn (assuming they are not in transports or using cover or otherwise playing remotley sensibly) he will be on you in turn 2, at best you have killed 2, the rest of his assault squad will eat your pathfinders
    Also taking in to account the fact that they can shoot from the first turn of the game rather than having to either be transported or slog forward to get in range like most other troops they should definitely make their points worth.
    ??? there is very little eldar that is designed for shooting that wont shoot on turn 1.

Again I am not saying that pathfinders are naff, one squad tends to have its uses, some targets are ideal (mainly those that rely on high T and multiple wounds for survival like TMCs, greater demons etc)

but in some armies, pathfinder have no place (notably the meq list where this discusion is also being conducted) and it is not too difficult to find more efficient killers, as such pathfinders are a mroe defensive option than offensive but their lack fo outright shooty slaughterness worries me even in that role
    Last edited by Cheredanine; April 10th, 2007 at 16:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

ok...

I don't know about you but I never send my snipers after the squads that are the hardest to hit but anyways on to my math hammer wich will smite yours.

a squad of 6 pathfinders. 6 shots that always hit on 2+ due to being snipers. That gives 5 hits with approximately 2 being AP1. They always wound on 4+ so out of the 5 shots you have one render and 2 non renders that wound. One of the non renders will most likely be saved by an MEQ. This still gives you 2 wounds per turn.

Also all sniper weapons roll 2d6 for armour penetration against vehicles so in that aspect and the fact that they ignore armour on a 6 to hit I like to refer to them as rending.

Also, in regards to the comment I made about them being able to shoot on the first turn. I meant in comparison to the other troop choices. Obviously there are better units that can fire first turn but considering that their are two compulsory troop choices I think they are great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

well you pay your money and take your choice, what I am putting is based on experiance playing them, they get about a kill per turn, we ccan plqy with the maths hammer - your 3 normal hits = 1.5 wounds, =0.5 kills after MEQ saves, givign you just elss than 1.5 per turn - but either way, 2 dead per turn is not lethal, there are better killers, try bladestorming DA, try reapers

Also all sniper weapons roll 2d6 for armour penetration against vehicles so in that aspect and the fact that they ignore armour on a 6 to hit I like to refer to them as rending.
    Am just aware that it is missleading, the efefct on infantry or tanks is not as good as rending, whilst I understand what you mean, it can readily miss lead newbs

Also, in regards to the comment I made about them being able to shoot on the first turn. I meant in comparison to the other troop choices. Obviously there are better units that can fire first turn but considering that their are two compulsory troop choices I think they are great.
    Bikes - moce 12 fire 12 or 24 = first turn shooting
    DA- move 6, shoot 18 or more likely move 12 - diembark, shoot 18 - first turn shooting
    Guardians weapons platform and in serpents - also first turn shooting,
    wraithguard -on foot - fair enough, but why?

I dotn know anyone that used Wraith guard for troops, Guqardians are rqpidly dieing out, so I would agree that they are a better choice than either of those,. but both bikes and DA are a better choice IMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am considering taking out a Pathfinder from each squad and then using the points for 2 more Warp Spiders. I could take off the Defend power from my Dire Avengers and give my Exodite Prince a Starlance and my Lord a fusion gun (would count as venomous spit from the carnasaur).
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

honestly best solution - try the army, I think you wil lsee what I mean, but try it for yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast