1500 Necron List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Necron List

Was thinking of using this in a Tournament coming up.

Lord with Rez Orb and Solar Pulse
    Lord with Warscythe, Gaze of Flame, Nightmare Shroud and Phylactery

15 Warriors
    15 Warriors

2 Monoliths

8 Scarabs with Disruption Fields

Total 1498

Destroyer Lord and Scarabs are for vehicle hunting or tying up heavy support like Broadsides/Havocs/Devestators.

Lord and Warriors move to take/hold the objective.

Monoliths provide support and pull units out of CC or to help place them in a better position as needed. I doubt I will DS with them.

My primary goal with this build is simple. Monoliths are here to both scare and force players to deal with them while my Lord and Warriors move to take whatever the objective is. My Destroyer Lord and Scarabs are for taking out anything that can harm the Liths. I figure if I can disable their ability to knock out the Liths then I will put them on the defensive allowing me to move where I want to.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

You could also take your Warriors in 3 squads and use the special Rerserves rule for Warriors.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VELY NICE! i really like this list, i use a similar one however but i won't go into detail. Yes like Kore said, split the squads into 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlorlich View Post
    Was thinking of using this in a Tournament coming up.

Lord with Rez Orb and Solar Pulse
    Lord with Warscythe, Gaze of Flame, Nightmare Shroud and Phylactery

Drop the solar pulse it does very little.

15 Warriors
    15 Warriors
    Break these two squads into 3 squads of ten
    2 Monoliths

8 Scarabs with Disruption Fields

Total 1498

Destroyer Lord and Scarabs are for vehicle hunting or tying up heavy support like Broadsides/Havocs/Devestators.

Lord and Warriors move to take/hold the objective.

Monoliths provide support and pull units out of CC or to help place them in a better position as needed. I doubt I will DS with them.

My primary goal with this build is simple. Monoliths are here to both scare and force players to deal with them while my Lord and Warriors move to take whatever the objective is. My Destroyer Lord and Scarabs are for taking out anything that can harm the Liths. I figure if I can disable their ability to knock out the Liths then I will put them on the defensive allowing me to move where I want to.

Thoughts?
    Overall this is a pretty good list and it should be very fun to play. Have fun and good luck!
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well about to head out and try this so I will post how it goes.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I split the 2 units of warriors into 3 at 10 each. I kept the Solar Pulse but the reason is cause some missions had Might Fight in them.

Ended up only having time for a single game, couple more people went into extended game lengths with to many 4+ rolls. In my game, the Tau player gave up by bottom of turn 5. I lost only 3 warriors and my scarab unit to his Piranha, 36 Fire Warriors, 8 Pathfinders, and countless Drones. He still had a Hammer Head, 2 Broadsides, 2 Crisis Suits, 1 Pirahna and 2 Devilfish up. We were playing Secure and Control and I had forced him into the corner of the table completely. I owned 3 of the Control Points and was posed to assault with both Lords at the top of turn 6 which was me.

Was awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would keep 2 groups of 15 because lets say you lose 9 guys 5 from one group and 4 from another, then you can abuse your monoliths to help get them back. if its 3 groups you can only choose 2 groups if say each lost 3 so you would lose a net of 3.

'u' is not a word in the English Language. Please avoid Leet speak on LO. Cheers. Karmoon
    Last edited by Karmoon; May 15th, 2007 at 10:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just have 1 lord with res orb. That's really all you need. With the remaining points you could max out the scarabs squad and add more warriors to the list because I'm slightly worried that you might phase out too quickly against a clever opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

It's very nasty. Too monos at 1500 would definitely give say my 1500 Alphas a big problem.

That said, they easily have the fire power to completely remove a squad of 15 warriors within my turn - first turn or not.

Do you not think that maybe two monos is pushing it a bit? Especially with two lords?

Just my thoughts though, nothing more Mr. V.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Problem is, if an army is sufficiently loaded with anti tank such as my Imperial Guard are, they're gonna rip through your Liths and then phase you out in short order.

You're going in a tournament, you can't guarrantee CC strong opponents to which this list is suited. I suggest you balance the list more thoroughly.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

+ Reply to Thread