1500 Games Day list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

1500 Games Day list

I know it's well in advance, however I figure if I need to make changes I should know well ahead of time.

I'm heading out to the Baltimore Games Day, and I was planning on using the list below in their tournament, any suggestions for changes and things of that nature would be greatly appreciated (also note that all of the units but 1 of the Fexes are fully painted, so the closer you stay to my list the better in terms of me not having to paint up crazy numbers of units.

HQ
    Flyrant 212
    2x ST, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, both Adrenals, Flesh Hooks, Warp Field, and wings

Elites:
    DakkaFex 113
    2xTL devourers, ES

Troops:
    9 Hormigaunts 90

6 Genestealers 126
    EC, FH

6 Genestealers 126
    EC, FH

6 Genestealers 126
    EC, FH

6 Genestealers 126
    EC, FH

Heavy Support
    Super Sniper Fex 208
    VC, BS, +BS, T7, 5 wounds, 2+ save

Super Sniper Fex 208

3 Zoans 165
    Warp Blast, Synapse

1500 on the nose

~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I'm heading out to the Baltimore Games Day, and I was planning on using the list below in their tournament, any suggestions for changes and things of that nature would be greatly appreciated (also note that all of the units but 1 of the Fexes are fully painted, so the closer you stay to my list the better in terms of me not having to paint up crazy numbers of units.
    Me and my buds were going to go this tournament except we weren't going to have our armies ready in time so we decided against it.

Flyrant 212
    2x ST, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, both Adrenals, Flesh Hooks, Warp Field, and wings
    Seeing as you have the upgrade for WS I don't think you really need the down grade for Toxic Miasma.

Super Sniper Fex 208

Super Sniper Fex 208
    I would lighten up on some of this craziness and add in some more Genestealers.

Otherwise I think this list looks good. You might go for Broodlord with a 5 genestealer retinue.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

thats one very stable list for 1500 pts. any chance of you running low on synapse? seeing that there are "only" 3 zoans and the HT for the carnies not to lurk... on the other hand they can still shoot so I take that back. Good list now im going to copy it and try it on some unsuspecting friends that expect my nidzilla :ninja:
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Good list now im going to copy it and try it on some unsuspecting friends that expect my nidzilla
    Thats kinda cruel, but at the same time hilarious, good luck with it.

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I run a very similar list at 1750 (basically add genestealers and Hormigaunts) and I have only once had synapse problems, and, to be honest, even those were very minor. Because everything is fearless\ a genestealer I don't worry too much about it.

I've debated dropping the miasma in the past, I just feel that having the ability to make things like hidden guard powerfists hit on 5's is most likely worth the 1 extra hormigaunt that I could use.

I may look in to making the super heavies into just heavies, and swap in some more stealers (you can never have too many stealers right?) but I've found in the past (at 1750 and 1850 anyway) that the psych value of the fexes, coupled with the extra survivability makes them worth it. If I were to drop a defensive upgrade off them, which one would you suggest, the 5th wound, the toughness, or the save?

Oh, and thank you for the compliment on my list, I appreciate it.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

I may look in to making the super heavies into just heavies, and swap in some more stealers (you can never have too many stealers right?) but I've found in the past (at 1750 and 1850 anyway) that the psych value of the fexes, coupled with the extra survivability makes them worth it. If I were to drop a defensive upgrade off them, which one would you suggest, the 5th wound, the toughness, or the save?
    I would drop the toughness, for those guns that can't get past it its good, and for the guns that can get past it you have an extra wound because lets face it, if they can get past your save you know that they are strong enough to pretty much ignore your toughness.

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

extra toughness is great vs autocannons and in alot of standard armies there is a havoc squad equivalent that pacs 3-4 + tank hunters. missile launchers, BoCs powerfisted AC:s without str upgrade will also find that extra toughness annoying. not alot I admit but it will in effect give you an extra wound vs thos weapons.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Zoans 165
    Warp Blast, Synapse

dont you have to buy synapse now? if u do, that would make this unit cost 195...maybe im wrong..i am sort of new to the new tyranids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

3 Zoans 165
    Warp Blast, Synapse
    The dog thing above me is right you have added in the synapse yet, you've only paid for your warp blasting thropes.

No offence to the dog thing, the picture just hurts my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool i'm going to the baltimore games day tournament too with my nid, guess i'll see ya up there. IMO drop the dakka fex to give your hormagaunts toxin sacs and adrenal glands +1 inititative and increase the squad. Maybe drop a zoey for some more bodies to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast