2k Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Eldar

Hey guys, I haven't been active for aaaaaaages, but I'm glad to be back, and after borrowing the codex off my mate, I decided I am going to do Eldar, with some council from my friend, I have come up with this list(and due to the fact I just like aspect warriors and not guardians.). Soooo, here it is:

HQ
    Farseer, Mind War, Guide, Fortune, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing=155pts
    Autarch, Mandiblasters, Power Weapon, Shuriken Pistol=90pts

ELITES
    6 Fire Dragons, Exarch, Fire Pike, Tank Hunter=131pts
    Mounted in Wave Serpent, Twin Linked Bright Lances, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines=165pts
    6 Striking Scorpions, Exarch, Scorpions Claw, Shadow Strike, Stalker=148pts

TROOPS
    10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Defend, Power Sword and Shimmershield=162pts
    10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Defend, Power Sword and Shimmershield=162pts
    5 Rangers, Pathfinders=120pts
    5 Rangers, Pathfinders=120pts

FAST ATTACK
    6 Warp Spiders, Exarch, Power Blades, Extra Death Spinner, Suprise Assault, Withdraw=186pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    3 Warwalkers,
    -Twin Linked Bright Lances,
    -Star Cannon and Multi Laser,
    -Star Cannon and Multi Laser,
    -Spirit Stones=245pts
    Wraithlord, Wraithsword, Bright Lance, 2 Flamers=140pts
    Support Weapons, 3 D-Cannons, Warlock=175pts

TOTAL=1999pts

Cheers,
    Sean.

P.S. I do have a Guard army and a 'Nid army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

ok, I am just gonna run through quickly and give you a few pointers.

1. On the farseer pick 2 powers, you can only cast 2 per turn with the spirit stones and the third ends up being wasted points. ( I would pick Doom and Mind War)

2. I would assume that you are planning on sending your autarch with the scorpions? If so he cannot infiltrate with them. It is always good to give these guys a movement upgrade. I would give him the warp pack and stick him with the spiders.

3. Drop the exarch from the fire dragons. The extra range on the firepike is unneeded since they are in a transport anyways and if 6 fusion gun shots to the face don't take out armor then nothing will.

4. On to the war walkers. Generally you want to give these guys high rate of fire weapons due to their low BS. Some will tell you to give them dual scatter lasers and others will recommend dual shuriken cannons to save points.

5. Ditch the sword on the WL. It really does not do all that much. I would kit him out with a BL and EML to make him a dedicated tank hunter.

6. Grab a psychic power for that warlock with the support battery. Get him conceal to help protect the battery.

Otherwise it looks pretty good. I like the dire avengers and the rangers. The wave serpent is kitted perfectly and spiders are always a favorite.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Just two bits :

I have become wary of the Runes of Witnessing : they dramatically increase the risk of a warp attack... Last week-end I've lost BOTH :w00t: my Farseers on turn 4, failing my saves... And it's not the first time I've lost my HQ choices all on my own, facing the irrepressible laughter of my enemy...

I've personally come to the conclusion that it's better to run the reasonably small risk of a failed Psy Test than to lose an HQ IC... So now I save points by doing without the RoW...

Second thing, the Fire Dragon Exarch... There's a good post about Exarch choices, and it shows quite clearly that the Dragon Exarch is not that... hot ! I'll try to find that post and edit a link in here...

Anyway, good luck to you with your new army. Good to see you've come to the right side of the Warp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers guys, I did intend to have a conceal on the Support Battery Warlock, but couldn't scratch up the points...:cry:

I thought the Firepike was cool, And I like the Exarch Model so I'll probably keep him(against everyone elses opinion(including my mates :ninja: )).

I like guide and fortune, not such a fan of doom though...

I will change the war walkers as my mate told me too use those combos...dirty lying monkey lol.

I like the idea with the wraithlord, will change that too.

I will post a new list soon, until then, keep on criticising! lol.

Cheers,
    Sean.

+ Reply to Thread