Alaitoc 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alaitoc 1850

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alaitoc 1850

Here's my list as of right now after some testing/changing.

1850pts - Guess my overall Strategy is move forward with Rangers/Pathfinders, using warwalker as backup, The rest of the army, farseer, bikes, vyper, serpents w/ banshees/scorpions, and falcon to flank and then engage.

HQ
    Farseer, Jetbike, Doom, Mindwar, Spirit Stones - 150pts

Elites
    (9) Scorpions (1) Exarch, Biting Blade - 177pts
    Wave Serpent, Starcannon, Spirit Stones - 145pts

(9) Banshees (1) Exarch, Mirrorswords, War Shout, Acrobatic - 192pts

Troops
    (6) Rangers - 114pts
    (6) Rangers - 114pts
    (6) Rangers - 114pts
    (6) Rangers - 114pts

(6) Pathfinders - 144pts

(6) Jetbikes, (2) Shuriken Cannon - 152pts

Fast Attack
    Vyper, Scatter Laser, Star Engines - 75pts

Heavy Support
    Warwalker, (2) Scatter Laser - 60pts

Falcon, Bright Lance, Spirit Stones - 155pts

Last notes:
    I do see problems with this list, namely lack of anti-tank, and lack of any units to back up my main force with the rest flanking (i dont think the one warwalker will scare too many units away). Also I feel I don't have a very good unit core, my army only amounting to only 62 units. Any ideas? I also realize I accidentally posted this in a reply to my conversion questions, my bad.

Last edited by rhammi; April 17th, 2007 at 09:49.
    -Alaitoc Ranger Force (1850pts)
    -Nucleonauts (started)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rhammi View Post
    Here's my list as of right now after some testing/changing.
    Alaitoc is an interesting one, not seen it played first hand since the new codex came out, and given pathfinders have a low kill rate I can see it strugling without the ranger disruption table to slow your opponent down
    [quote]
    1850pts - Guess my overall Strategy is move forward with Rangers/Pathfinders
    [quote]
    What? this is a joke right? you out range all other astandard sidearms in the game, deploy one squad forwards to pin him back and use your scout move to move yourself back, donty move during the game, stay in cover as far back as possible and shoot
    , using warwalker as backup, The rest of the army, farseer, bikes, vyper, serpents w/ banshees/scorpions, and falcon to flank and then engage.
    you may want to consider using the rest of the army for 2 purposes - 1. counter assault for those that make it through the less than withering fire the rangers put out, 2- speed bump/distractions - to slow him down

HQ
    Farseer, Jetbike, Doom, Mindwar, Spirit Stones - 150pts
    Not brilliant, what is he supposed to do? mindwar? then he doesnt need doom or the stones
    Elites
    (9) Scorpions (1) Exarch, Biting Blade - 177pts
    lose the serpent,. get the exarch stalker and shadow strike, save yourself about 100 points
    (9) Banshees (1) Exarch, Mirrorswords, War Shout, Acrobatic - 192pts
    much prefer executioner to mirror swords, if farseer is supporting these chaps then fine. Serpent needs vectored engines (assault units have to staqy in transport right under his guns for one of his shooting turns, as a basic rule, VE should go on transports for assault units (as opposed to transpotrs for shooting units such as DQ
    Troops
    (6) Rangers - 114pts
    (6) Rangers - 114pts
    (6) Rangers - 114pts
    (6) Rangers - 114pts

(6) Pathfinders - 144pts
    Upgrade all the rangers to pathfinders - double your kills
    (6) Jetbikes, (2) Shuriken Cannon - 152pts
    Be better as 2 squads, but limited by FOC
    Fast Attack
    Vyper, Scatter Laser, Star Engines - 75pts
    lose star engines - waste of points, I prefer 2 shuriken cannon to a singel scatter lasers
    Heavy Support
    Warwalker, (2) Scatter Laser - 60pts
    Nice
    Falcon, Bright Lance, Spirit Stones - 155pts
    Nononononono a Falcons main gun is its pulse laser (the thing on the right of its turret, looks like a bright lance on steriods, to survive the falcon must move 6-12 inches per turn. so its other weapons must be defensive, replace the bright lance with a scatter laser, dont ever ever put bright lances or EML on Falcons, also it desperatley needs holo field
    Last notes:
    I do see problems with this list, namely lack of anti-tank, and lack of any units to back up my main force with the rest flanking (i dont think the one warwalker will scare too many units away). Also I feel I don't have a very good unit core, my army only amounting to only 62 units. Any ideas? I also realize I accidentally posted this in a reply to my conversion questions, my bad.
    Your problem, as I think you identify, is the lack of killing power in the rangers (always alweays take pathfinder upgrade), on average these 5 units, assuming you taken the upgrade, will manage about 5-8 MEQ kills per turn, whilst their absurd covver save (assuming there is enough cover to put them all in) will mean you stand a good chance agaisnt another static shooting army, against an assault army, this is too slow, they will hit you before you do sufficeint damage,

At best therefore you need a lethal gun line and a couple of distraction units,

nmore war walkers, some reapers, potentially DA would all strengthen your gun line (although I suspect peiople would start ignoring your pathfinders at that point)

The 2 (good) distraction units are scorps and banshees, particulerly if you debus the scorps aas above

The rest can go to use points to strengthen your gun line:
    (bikes, vypers, the scorps serpent - potentially even the falcon should all be sacrificed to give you more guns)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright I reworked the list again, changing my strategy around from the flanking one to more of a 'whittle down and mop up' plan.

HQ
    (1) Farseer - Doom (for snipes/banshees), Mindwar (enemy chars), Spirit Stones (not sure about these) 120pts

Troops (enough shots with enough AP1 potential to do some damage)
    (5) Pathfinders - 120pts
    (5) Pathfinders - 120pts
    (5) Pathfinders - 120pts
    (6) Pathfinders - 144pts
    (6) Pathfinders - 144pts
    (6) Pathfinders - 144pts

Elites (counter attackers, now protection for enemies getting close to shooters)
    (9) Scorpions, (1) Exarch, Biting Blade, Stalker, Shadowstrike - 202pts
    (9) Banshees, (1) Exarch, Mirror Swords, War Shout, Acrobatic - 192pts

Fast Attack (to fill in gaps as they arise)
    (1) Vyper, (2) Shuriken Cannons - 60pts
    (1) Vyper, (2) Shuriken Cannons - 60pts

Heavy Support (now meant to support rather than flank)
    (4) Reapers, (1) Exarch, Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot (add more power to available firebase, however might reconsider missile launcher/fast shot for exarch for much needed anti-armor) - 217pts
    (3) Warwalkers, (2) Scatter Lasers/each (anti-mob/anything) - 180pts
    (1) Falcon, Scatter Laser, Holofields, Spirit Stones (needed some anti-armor) - 175pts

I still feel like this list needs work, not enough anti-tank for my liking, with no wraithlord it seems like when one unit gets engaged with any sort of monstrous creature the rest of my army will easily fold, and also losing the transports for the elites makes me feel as if they may be too slow to effectively counter enemy threats.
    -Nucleonauts (started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

agree you are still potentially weak on AT an a little worried about the banshees without a transport,
    You could solve both problems at once by getting a serpent with TL ML or BL but where to get the points????
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guess i could stand to lose some pathfinders/vyperness but id rather not...
    -Nucleonauts (started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by rhammi View Post
    guess i could stand to lose some pathfinders/vyperness but id rather not...

Personally I would drop a pathfinder squad to grab a D-cannon battery. They can make a nice perimeter that opponents are really hesitant to move into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Wumpus View Post
    Personally I would drop a pathfinder squad to grab a D-cannon battery. They can make a nice perimeter that opponents are really hesitant to move into.
    yeah i did consider that option in favor of the falcon, but decided my gameplan did need some flexibility and the falcon offers better mobility for taking out ranged armored foes than a d-cannon battery. if only i could take more heavy support...
    -Nucleonauts (started)

+ Reply to Thread