New to orks 1000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to orks 1000 pts

I am just starting orks this is my first 1000 point list and will be playing mostly marines, tau, and eldar, is this a good list to battle them?

HQ:

Warboss Snobrot: kombi Shoota/Skorcha Uge' choppa, attack squig, Eavy armour, bionik bonce 102 pts

Troops:

Slugga boys 1: 18 slugga boys + 3 big shootas= 186 pts (Warboss hangs with these boys)

Slugga boys 2: 19 slugga boys + 3 big shootas + Nob with big shoota and power claw= 219 pts

Burna boys: 10 boys + 4 burnas= 114 pts

Fast Attack:

Trukka Boys: 10 Trukk boys+Wartrukk= 120 pts

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ: Lascannon+Heavy bolters+red paint job+grot riggers=170 pts

2 killa Kans: 90pts

1001pts total

Feel free to help me in anyway with this list:yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsbob View Post
    I am just starting orks this is my first 1000 point list and will be playing mostly marines, tau, and eldar, is this a good list to battle them?

HQ:

Warboss Snobrot: kombi Shoota/Skorcha Uge' choppa, attack squig, Eavy armour, bionik bonce 102 pts
    Drop the uge choopa it's not worth it at all! At 1000 points is best to have your boss with a slugga and a choppa.
    Troops:

Slugga boys 1: 18 slugga boys + 3 big shootas= 186 pts (Warboss hangs with these boys)

Slugga boys 2: 19 slugga boys + 3 big shootas + Nob with big shoota and power claw= 219 pts

Burna boys: 10 boys + 4 burnas= 114 pts
    I like your troop base, but you lack any real anti-amour, and your one nob is really expensive he's close to 60 points.
    Fast Attack:

Trukka Boys: 10 Trukk boys+Wartrukk= 120 pts
    At least put a rokkit on the trukk, you have not anti-amour yet at this point of your army.
    Heavy Support:

Leman Russ: Lascannon+Heavy bolters+red paint job+grot riggers=170 pts

2 killa Kans: 90pts

1001pts total

Feel free to help me in anyway with this list:yes:
    Overall this is a nice list, but it lacks any real anti-tank, no rokkits! Maybe if you could find the points to put some amour plates on your kans or trukk it would be good.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice necronoob i might drop the 2 kans and put in 2 ZZap guns with a mek, also i will drop 3 big shootas from slugga squad 1 and put in some rockets thatlle definently give me some anti-armour punch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I would suggest a heavy bolter in place of the lascannon on that leman russ of yours; with our shooting a single shot weapon is generally not as worthwhile as a multishot weapon. That and only nine heavy bolter shots beats six...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason i want that lascannon is that if i hit with it it is the strongest weapon on the field and could bust through any armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try something like a basalisk. Trust me you DONT roll to hit and its quite scary when you get hit by it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lemas Russ doesnt need to role to hit with the battle cannon and i doubt i will be fighting anything with a 2+ save in a 100 point battle so the AP3 is just fine, but i might just do that becouse of fewer point costs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Not sure if you realise this (took me awhile..) but the uge choppa strikes last. That makes it garbage. If you REALLY wanted it, it should go on a Nob, but thats still a waste IMO. Save the points, and strike at normal I.

Give your Sluggas either 3x rokkit launcha, or 3x burna. Id go with rockkits so they can pop Dreada or rhinos while they run up the field, but I just prefer to see big shootas in Shoota boy units. The shootas en mass can do a lot more damage than 3 on they're own.

Also, give the Nob in the sluggaz a powerclaw and choppa. The shoota means he loses an attack, and for 3 bs2 shotts a turn, not worth it, esp for a CC unit. Give him a choppa and powerclaw, so he can use either and still get +1 A.

The Burna boyz need a Battle wagon for transport. even tho they have the extra burna, any unit of 10 orks on foot is gonna get creamed as soon as they enter bolter range. If they must be on foot, drop one burna and just use slugga boyz in a decent sized unit. The other good thing burna boyz are good for is the mek boy they can bring. Give him a Custom force field, keep him near the sluggas, and they get some sort of a save. Beyond this fact, they usually arent worth taking.

Id be aiming for a Nob in all of your units. They just plain rock.

The Trukk for the trukk boyz MUST have a weapon. Id give it a rokkit, just to save the points. Also, drop one boy, add a nob with claw (as mentioned), give one boy a burna (powerweapons always help) and put the Warboss HERE. With the aid of a trukk, you have a far better chance of instigating the charge. Then, with 10 orks ,you have a very good chance of passing your Waaah! check, and then BAM! I8 for your warboss! Let the Nobz look after your slugga boyz.

Definately swap the Russ for a Basilisk. Less points and fires indirectly. You may even want the try a Hellhound if you play a lot of swarms (hell, these things even toast marines!) or for extra transport, a battle wagon will help get those sluggas into combat. What ever you use, use the points saved to get those nobz.

Lastly, try to find points for that extra Killa Kan, just to improve their chances at survival. Most armies wont have a problem with armour 11, so its their best chance.

Hope this helps, dude.

Regards, Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks i will probably change leman russ for abasalisk itll save me around 70 pts.

+ Reply to Thread