1500 Jetbikes - They ride single file,to hide their numbers. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

1500 Jetbikes - They ride single file,to hide their numbers.

Well,after criticizing a few dozen lists,I think it's time to give everyone here a chance to do the same to me.

I'm thinking of putting together a second list to have some fun with. Just for the hell of it,I decided to tinker with a jetbike list.

HQ

Autarch - Jetbike,laser lance,mandiblasters: 130 pts

Troops

Jetbikes - 3 guardians w/shurican,1 warlock w/spear: 124 pts

Jetbikes - 6 guardians w/2 shuricans: 152 pts

Fast Attack

Shining spears - 2 spears,1 exarch w/withdraw: 142 pts (joined by the autarch,of course!)

Vyper - 2 shuricans: 60 pts

Heavy Support

Falcon - scatter laser,shurican,holo-field,spirit stone: 185 pts

Total: 1499 pts.

Basically going for volume of shots here. I would have liked to put embolden or something on the warlocks,and add another to the shining spears unit but I ran out of points.

*EDIT*Alternate list:

HQ

Autarch - Jetbike,laser lance,mandiblasters: 130 pts

Troops

Dire Avengers - 7 avengers,exarch w/extra shuricat,bladestorm
    Mounted in WS w/shurican,TL shurican,spirit stone,vectored engines: 268 pts

Fast Attack

Shining spears - 2 spears,1 exarch w/withdraw,star lance: 157 pts

Heavy Support

War Walkers - 3 walkers,each w/2 scatter lasers: 180 pts

Total: 1501 pts.

The second list has a little more firepower,I like it a little more. Comments/criticism welcome!

Last edited by Fuzzy Wumpus; April 24th, 2007 at 06:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really try to get a starlance for those shinning spears. they are just so key, and let the squad pretty much better at everything. Other than that I am really interested in how this list does. as this is something i would like to try. Maybe i would change 1 falcon to 3 2x scatter laser war walkers, as this could give a slight bit more tactical flexibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut up your jetbike squads. Do the 3 w/ a cannon squads pretty much exclusively. The warlocks seem enticing, but I find them a waste of points. 6 squads of 3 jetbikes w/ cannons = a pissed off enemy commander who has to choose whether to fire at small squads that he likely can't kill or to shoot at a well nigh immortal Falcon. Otherwise, I like it. I run a similar list and while it doesn't always win, it is always fun.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrpger View Post
    Cut up your jetbike squads. Do the 3 w/ a cannon squads pretty much exclusively. The warlocks seem enticing, but I find them a waste of points. 6 squads of 3 jetbikes w/ cannons = a pissed off enemy commander who has to choose whether to fire at small squads that he likely can't kill or to shoot at a well nigh immortal Falcon. Otherwise, I like it. I run a similar list and while it doesn't always win, it is always fun.

The warlocks are expensive,I agree. I may cut them out,but they are nice to sneak around enemy tanks with. Hmmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Wumpus View Post

The double ShuriCan set-up forces the Vyper to close at 24". Personally I prefer to go for a single Scatter Laser for the same price. I know we lose two shots, but we increase the range, therefore improving the survivability of these "weak" vehicles. With a 36" range they have a much better chance of firing in the first turn(s). It all depends on your strategy of course...

*EDIT*Alternate list:

Dire Avengers - 7 avengers,exarch w/extra shuricat,bladestorm
    Mounted in WS w/shurican,TL shurican,spirit stone,vectored engines: 268 pts
    7 Avengers... (Is it 7 + Exarch, or 7 including Exarch?) Mmmh... Go for a full squad here, to leverage your Bladestorm and Exarch points...

You could pay for the extra Averngers by dropping the ShuriCans of your Falcons. I only put those when I have extra points left, because they don't fit the long range of the other weapons, the Falcons are often shaken anyway, and from the "weapons destroyed" point of view, the first to go is of course the Pulse Laser, but you have the Scatter Laser then.

Have you consider TL Bright Lances for your Serpent ? This would really boost your ranged ATk capability. But again, depends on your overall strategy...

War Walkers - 3 walkers,each w/2 scatter lasers: 180 pts
    OK, I like the Walkers (I go for the EML - SL combo, though, again for ATk...). However, I think they do not fit with the spirit of your list. But from the gaming point of view, no problem of course. So that call depends whether you want to emphasize the fluff side or not...

Anyway, an interesting list !

Oh, yes, almost forgot... No Farseer on bike ? I like the Doom and Fortune combination... Of course if you drop a Falcon for a Farseer, you lose one scoring unit.

It will be interesting to see the other comments on your list...

Cheers, Fuzzy Wumpus !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

the warlocks are fine, it is a pretty good list akin to 2 of my eldar armies, things that need changing:
    you need to max the size of the shining spear squad
    things that I would change: replace the falcons with war walkers, 24 shots is lethal
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    the warlocks are fine, it is a pretty good list akin to 2 of my eldar armies, things that need changing:
    you need to max the size of the shining spear squad
    things that I would change: replace the falcons with war walkers, 24 shots is lethal

I know that walkers are very evil and all,but the problem is that getting that many war walkers would cost me around 450 bucks by themselves. Not like I'm strapped for cash or anything,but 450 bucks can buy a whole lot of things. I sure do love the Canadian prices on these things.

Anyway,One idea I was tinkering with was dropping the autarch and getting a farseer to run around by himself in the swarm of bikes, filling my troop slots with 3 bike/shurican groups,and maxing out the spears. Of course,as I was building this list,I started thinking that I might try running with no ground units. That is,nothing that isn't a tank or on a bike. Here's the tweaked list I came up with.

HQ

Farseer - jetbike,singing spear,doom: 113 pts

Troops

Jetbikes - 3 bikes w/1 shurican: 76 pts

Fast Attack

Shining Spears - 5 spears,exarch w/star lance,withdraw: 227 pts

Vyper - scatter laser,shurican: 70 pts

Vyper - scatter laser,shurican: 70 pts

Heavy Support

Total: 1491 pts

Got a few points left for slight changes.

Anyway, the reason for all the falcons is that I've already got two of them built and painted, and one more almost done. In the future I may tweak the list to include some walkers after I manage to get a full unit bought and assembled, but that won't be until after I finish with these masses of jetbikes. :yes:

Anyway,comments on your preferred list,or all three so far if you wish. Liking the comments so far guys,thanks a bunch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ok I find that spears by them selves,, whilst nasty are not lethal enough I tend to take autarch and spears or neither

I would be tempted to switch the scatter laser on the vyper, the temptation is to try and keep it back out of harms way, which mostly you wont achieve anyway, so nowerdays I prefer 2xShurikan cannon on vypers, get in there quick and hit hard

3 falcons - ok will live with it, it is more resilient than walkers but less firepower, would try adding a couple of warlocks with spears to the bike squads, the anti tank capability alone i lethal, freeing your falcons up to take out other stuff.

If you do that consider doubling up the squads that dont take warlocks, if he has a choice of shooting a squad of three or a squad of three plus a warlock, he will obviously go for the latter, however if he has to choose between a squad of 6 or a squaf of 3 plus a warlock, that is a harder question and puts him under more stress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    ok I find that spears by them selves,, whilst nasty are not lethal enough I tend to take autarch and spears or neither

I would be tempted to switch the scatter laser on the vyper, the temptation is to try and keep it back out of harms way, which mostly you wont achieve anyway, so nowerdays I prefer 2xShurikan cannon on vypers, get in there quick and hit hard

3 falcons - ok will live with it, it is more resilient than walkers but less firepower, would try adding a couple of warlocks with spears to the bike squads, the anti tank capability alone i lethal, freeing your falcons up to take out other stuff.

If I put the vypers back to 2 cannons each,I would have enough to pay for the autarch instead of the farseer. Anywhere you would suggest dropping points to grab some warlocks?
    Last edited by Fuzzy Wumpus; April 24th, 2007 at 15:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

If I put the vypers back to 2 cannons each,I would have enough to pay for the autarch. Anywhere you would suggest dropping points to grab some warlocks?
    ?? at the moment you have 9 points left, dropping back the vypers would only give you another 20 points? Autarch?

would I suspect be in the realm of dropping something, which probably means you are trying a little too much

edit - oh I see, you are going to bump the farseer?

Then.. you are already low on vypers, wouldnt particularly want to drop one, falcons ditto, so realyl you are into dropping bikes to get warlocks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast