1000 pts Dark Eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts Dark Eldar list

The Kabal of the Hooked Fang has come to spread fear, pain, dispair, and death!
    HQ
    Archon, Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs
    Dracon, Agonizer, Splinter Pistol
    Dracon's Retinue: 4 Incubi, 2 Warriors with Splinter Cannons, Raider, Disintegrator
    Troops
    Raider Squad: Sybarite, Poison Blades, 5 Warriors, Blaster, Splinter cannon, Raider, Distigrator
    Warrior Squad: 10 Warriors, 2 Dark Lances
    Heavy Support
    Ravager: 3 Disintegrators
    Scourges: 5 Scourges, 4 Splinter Cannons
    Talos
    Total: 1001 pts

Fast, strong, and not completely fragile. Comments always welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 1k, it looks good, although I like wyches (I play cult).

The Raider squads and ravager provide quick movement while the Talos draws fire like a wraithlord. In this small of a list, I'm not too keen on scourges (right now, mine are staring at me screaming "betrayal!"), but it all depends on what you're facing. If its marines or other slow resilient troops, I'd somehow squeeze in those ever invaluable wyches to ruin their day (and their power armour).

My thoughts, but I'm sure you've played this and have different insights than I.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I think this list is pretty poorly balanced in that it focussed too much on elite units and such and not on the core of the army, warriors and wyches. It has a lot of the units that are useful in higher points games but not enough of the foundations of a good army. For example, if I were to turn this army into 1500 points or even 1750 I would add nothing but warriors and wyches.

I'm sure the list would do fine, or even great against most opponents letting the hard hitters doing most of the job but I would strongly advice you to consider getting more troops, and some wyches... It feels dirty with that few warriors...

/Tenozuma
    :ninja:

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wyches, wyches, wyches, thats all i ever hear with this list. i'll admit wyches are awesome at what they do (kicking the snot out of things in CC in one turn is always good) but lets face it, everyone uses them! me, personaly, i don't like to use units everyone uses (like wyches and reavers) because it makes the game kinda dull, so i went for something different. a fast, shooty DE army. in my oppion my list packs a mean punch and its fast enough to make sure i get to use it, i've played several games with this list and had a 70% ish success rate with it (and thats high for any DE army).
    although if i ever get around to expanding this list i will be adding some jet bikes, more warroirs and perhaps some wyches and maybe even warp beasts. i haven't ruled them out as an opption, its just that i wanted to get a strong fire base first.
    thanks for commenting! and plz do feel free to rip this list to shreads if you wish, but plz bear in mind that i'm not going for a very CC list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Hey, I have nothing against the lack of wyches, when I first started I went to great lengths to avoid using them at all. I'm more concerned about the lack of warriors. Warriors are essential to every list and you just don't have enough of them. I'm all for using unorthodox lists whether they are optimal tournament friendly ones or just for fun but... it needs more troops.

Dark Eldar player.

Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll agree with you there, i lack man power. i pretty much cleaned out my GW store of DE and used what i had (i even went so far as to make my talos from spare parts!) i played around with the list a lot and this seems to be the only one i can make work with what i got. besides most people i know ignore 5 warriors on a raider to go after the talos or scourges. but yes my army is very under man and usualy out numbered (even by SM! how sad is that?) but finding a place that has the models is so hard these days, and if i can't get more raiders i'm not going to use many more warriors (i don't like sitting still or moing slow with DE, as i'm sure you can agree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

What I suggest is that when you get more money or are able to buy more toys you drop the talos for another gunboat raider squad or if you can drop some more points you could flesh out the current raider squad too.

In fact, what I suggest you get next is the battleforce, you get a raider, some warriors and some bikes, all of which seem to be exactly what you need at this point, you just need to make some blasters for the bikes.

Dark Eldar player.

+ Reply to Thread