Out of the Darkness they come. . . They come to steal your soul!! 1500 DE list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of the Darkness they come. . . They come to steal your soul!! 1500 DE list

Now the army you've all been waiting for *drumroll* the DE army that dosn't care if the enemy gets the first turn. . . Impossible you say? well just take a look for yourself. . .

H.Q.
    Dracon, Hellion Sky Board, Combat Drugs, Punisher, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades
    Elites
    Mandrake Squad: 10 Mandrakes
    Troops
    Raider Squad: Sybarite, Poison Blades, 9 Warriors, Blaster, Splinter cannon, Raider, Screaming Jets
    Raider Squad: Sybarite, Poison Blades, 9 Warriors, Blaster, Splinter cannon, Raider, Screaming Jets
    Fast Attack
    Hellion Squad: 5 Hellions, Blaster
    Heavy Support
    Scourge Squad: 5 Scourges, 4 Splinter Cannons
    Total 1501

Kinda would freak your opponet out when theres nothing to shoot at for the first turn, eh? Questions? Comments? feel free to reply

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wrote on your other DE list, and then I look at this.

My thoughts?... Gutsy. Insane. I love it.

You flaunt the so-called worthless units like mandrakes (which I've used) and hellions (which I love the models). 3 groups of scourges, oh my! I'm not so sure how well this list will do. I think it may just catch your opponents off guard.

This list will either (in typical DE fashion) surprise the hell out of your opponent and win you the game or perform poorly in a vital situation and lose it for you. I'm coming to appreciate the non-standard DE army as a viable option, including all the weird and quirky units to mess with your opponent, running circles around other (usually) slower troops.

Have you played this before? If so, how did it work out and what were your tactics?

Even if you never win, at least you look stylish!
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have I played with this list? Only in my dreams my friend, I've wanted to make this army for a very long time but sadly DE modles are hard to come by where I am (almost everything has to be mail ordered) and I've always lacked the funds for it. I made the list primarily to use units no one else seems to like (with a few exceptions). Tactics are quite simple really. mandrakes slowly make there way up the bord unhindered, a deep striking units land on the weakest enemy flank, and just when my opponet figures out what i'm doing and redeploys to counter my plan the mandrakes spring the trap and attack his now open (and therefor vunerable) flank and smash into (and hopefully through) anything that stands in their way. Its a classic pincer move with a twist, the only thing that could go wrong is with the deep strikes, either landing out of place (scattering) or arriving too late (hence why I have multipiles of everything I could). In time maybe I'll be able to feild my dream DE army, but for now I have to sick with the one I have (and thats the other list i posted). Thanks for posting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Yes, yes yes!
    Another player who wants to stretch out and see what unconventional dark eldar can do!
    I was told just last weekend ordering stuff that DE are a one trick army. I want to field this list just to see what he says now.
    However, on to the critique:
    You have exactly 6 anti-tank weapons. In a list of 1500 points. Its a little flimsy is all I'm gonna say.
    And if you could get in the points for a hellion succubus with a punisher, that squad will kick butt in CC, especially with the dracon. (Maybe drop exactly 1 makdrake from each unit).
    As for mail in order, I feal your pain. My local GW claims they don't stock it b/c too few people play it. But last tournament, they had two out of six dudes play it. Yeah, right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

That is a awsome list nothing to shot at until at the soonest turn 2, your opponet won't know what to do, they're movements don't help them and they make some bad moves and you can just jump out of the shadows and slice them up! God that would be scary seeing 9 mandrake markers moving up the battle field waiting for you to get close enough to kill! Just list very interesting. Hope that you do good with it!
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I'm really not a fan of hellions at all but the rest of the list brings a warm feeling to my heart. Well done. I'd say drop the haywire grenade on the HQ to bring yourself down to under 1500, people can be awfully nasty about that extra 1 point. How about instead of the hellions etc you put the decapitator in it! Maybe instead of the dracon, then it'd work better, he's the ultimate leader for an army of this kind. Good job on the unorthodox list. :yes:

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second the Decapitator. I used to use him for smaller games and he would rip things apart. Plus, there's no model, so you can convert him out of extra bits. I made mine from a few spare warrior bits and part of an Eldar jetbiker. The pic of him is up on the galleries here, so you can look at it if you want some ideas.

I just have to say that with mandrakes, the decap is absolutely terrifiying to most people. He pops out of nowhere with seeming millions of power weapon attacks. Ouch.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

I've tried a similar list, sans hellions and with only 1 Scourge Squad, but similar.

I found it was far too piecemeal to work effectively, this is pretty much a slightly skewed version of a trad AoS, looks almost 3rd ED. I think you'll have alot of fun with this list, but your win ratio (if you are a player of similar skill to me i.e. good-damn good) will be only around 10-20% and thats playing a cross section of players so you'll win against rubbish players and when you get obscene luck. Still looks fun, I like a version of this list that uses a WWP approach I might post it at some point, its not a big winner either, but none of these are really, now if 'drakes could have a seargent.....

+ Reply to Thread