850 zilla - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 850 zilla

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

850 zilla

Wanted to put together a bit of a cheesey nid list. this is what I'm starting with, any comments welcome. I figure there won't be enough AP2 weaponry at this point level to deal with all the big guys and the list puts out a pretty frightening amount of firepower.

HQ (296)

Tyrant
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin sacs
    -Symbiote Rippers
    -2 x Twin linked Devourers

Tyrant
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin sacs
    -Symbiote Rippers

Troops (80)

4 x Rippers

4 x Rippers

Heavy Support (474)

Carnifex
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Reinforced Chitin
    -Spine Banks

Carnifex
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Reinforced Chitin
    -Spine Banks

Carnifex
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Reinforced Chitin
    -Spine Banks

The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont really play nidzilla yet but i know this. make at least one or two of the fex sniperfex with barbed strangler and VC. that way you can deal with enemy armor. str 6 attacks will do zilch to a av 13 predator anhillator. 3 lascannon shots per turn and your guys go down fast. also... i think ext. carapace is no good for big bugs. stuff that will hurt them will usually go through any armor they have i.e. lascannon, missile launcher etc. so.. park them in cover and fire away. use the cover save whenever an enemy fires a nasty at you, otherwise you will proabably get by with the 3+ they have to start with. if you dropped the ext. carapace from all 5 models thats enough for another fex or a group of warriors, etc.
    My warriors, trained in the fires of battle, plunged into their welling blood as into a river. I filled the plain with the corpses of their warriors like herbage. In their terror they fled passing scalding urin and voiding excrement in their wake.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Tyrant
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin sacs
    -Symbiote Rippers

Tyrant
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin sacs
    -Symbiote Rippers
    Drop the symbiote rippers, not worth the points. And give one of these guys wings and scything talons, give your army some offencive edge.

Carnifex
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Reinforced Chitin
    -Spine Banks

Carnifex
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Reinforced Chitin
    -Spine Banks

Carnifex
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Extended Carapace
    -Reinforced Chitin
    -Spine Banks
    Like already mentioned you need some killing power, get rid of spinebanks, too close range, the last thing you want is a unit getting into close combat with your fexes and taking away there killing power. And at 850 give at least one a venom cannon and barbed strangler. I know batman said one or two but I play 1k games with only 1 you should be able to do the same.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks dangerously one-sided to me. Against some armies, you'll be untouchable, but against others you'll get massacred. So you'll either get ridiculously easy and thus unsatisfying victories, or get accused of being cheesy.

If you insist on a pure zilla list, I'd make the Tyrants counter-assaulty rather than shooty. A fast army will tie you up in CC, and they'll wear you down through sheer force of numbers. Without any CC units, you just won't have enough attacks to reduce their numbers. You could always give the Tyrants warp blast if you really don't want to lose the shooty element.
    Dark Eldar: Showing the Chaos gods how to do evil properly since 1998.

Borrowed DH Combat Patrol 1W/0D/0L
    Dark Eldar 1W/0D/3L (partially assembled)
    Necron 1W/0D/0L (I got my 'Crons back!)

Moo is my new personal hero. Click Undefeated Dark Eldar and DE? Good you say? to learn why.

+ Reply to Thread