1500pt Mechanised, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1500pt Mechanised, Friendly

Well after having my but handed to me on a silver platter last night; it might be time for me to give playing Saim Hann a bit of a rest and try something a little less bike oriented.

HQ:
    Farseer
    Spirit Stones; runes of witenessing; doom; guide

I figured that to start off, it might be a good time to finally give the doom/fortune farseer a good try. Those autarchs and the pirate prince can only do so much on their own I guess.

Elites:
    6x Howling Banshees
    Exarch; executioner; war shout

Each one armed with a power weapon, coupled with that super high I on the charge and warshout ought to be pretty good. Bit of a small squad, but then again I couldn't get them much bigger without swapping a falcon for another wave serpeant. I may like the triskele, but even I have to admit that the executioner would be better in some cases. (Like last night, never charge howling banshee's into a squad of immortals with a triskele on the exarch.

5x Fire Dragons
    Exarch; tank hunters

I would have liked for the dragons to be six strong, but point restrictions forced me to remove member number six. So for now they will have to do with five; though they shouldn't really be getting larger than six anyway, anything more than that is overkill unless they go infantry hunting and thats just a waste of the high strength of the fusion gun half the time. These five will be taking up spots in the second of the two falcons, so at least their hard to kill as long as the dice gods don't hate me to much.

Troops:
    10x Dire Avengers
    Exarch; shimmershield and power weapon; defend; bladestorm
    Wave Serpeant; twin linked shurican cannons; shurican cannon; spirit stones

10x Dire Avengers

Again, my preference is dual shuricats on the exarch but I think both squads might do better with the invulnerable save alongside the ability to double tap their guns and remove attacks in close combat. Between these two squads, one of them will also be including the farseer. (I'd like an additional farseer to the other squad in larger games, but one will have to do for now.)

Fast Attack:
    6x Swooping hawks
    Exarch; sunrifle; skyleap; intercept

Not the best in the world, and to some not the worst; I always like to include them since theres no telling what they can do to annoy the enemy until they come in, drop grenades, shoot a squad, and leap back up only to do it again.

Heavy Support:
    Falcon
    Scatter laser; shurican cannon; holofields; spirit stones

Falcon

I realize that using guns with different ranges is usually not the best of idea's (especially here with the long range of the pulse weapon, mid range of the scatter laser; and medium range of the cannon) but each one is still capable of firing everything in the same turn as long as it does not move to far. Given the fact that each one is going to be transporting stuff that wants to get in close, the range issue may be less of a problem in retrospect.

Total: 1497

So what do you all think? I would include my usual line about me not playing MEQ's to often, but we got three more MEQ players recently so I will have to start considering some of that stuff a bit more.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    Well after having my but handed to me on a silver platter last night; it might be time for me to give playing Saim Hann a bit of a rest and try something a little less bike oriented.
    Noooooo heresey! will now sulk for the rest of the post
    HQ:
    Farseer
    Spirit Stones; runes of witenessing; doom; guide

I figured that to start off, it might be a good time to finally give the doom/fortune farseer a good try. Those autarchs and the pirate prince can only do so much on their own I guess.
    Erm not wishing to critique your siam hann amigo but autarch and shining spears is rude however, fine, hunkey dorey, who is he going to support?
    Elites:
    6x Howling Banshees
    Exarch; executioner; war shout

Each one armed with a power weapon, coupled with that super high I on the charge and warshout ought to be pretty good. Bit of a small squad, but then again I couldn't get them much bigger without swapping a falcon for another wave serpeant. I may like the triskele, but even I have to admit that the executioner would be better in some cases. (Like last night, never charge howling banshee's into a squad of immortals with a triskele on the exarch.
    See there is your first problem - dont put banshee into Siam Hann

Waste of falcon IMHO, you will expose it to a ridiculess amount of fire power and potentially power fists and the ilk, too much, particularly as you point out, the banshee squa needs to be bigger to minimise what comes back at it and absorb it
    5x Fire Dragons
    Exarch; tank hunters

I would have liked for the dragons to be six strong, but point restrictions forced me to remove member number six. So for now they will have to do with five; though they shouldn't really be getting larger than six anyway, anything more than that is overkill unless they go infantry hunting and thats just a waste of the high strength of the fusion gun half the time. These five will be taking up spots in the second of the two falcons, so at least their hard to kill as long as the dice gods don't hate me to much.
    Mumble, inefficent, mumble, sulk, mumble, I think you are aware of my feelings on this one mate
    Troops:
    10x Dire Avengers

10x Dire Avengers

Again, my preference is dual shuricats on the exarch but I think both squads might do better with the invulnerable save alongside the ability to double tap their guns and remove attacks in close combat. Between these two squads, one of them will also be including the farseer. (I'd like an additional farseer to the other squad in larger games, but one will have to do for now.)
    Hmm, ok I would be inclined, for Fish of Fury avengers, to keep em cheap and go with dual cats on the exarch, you are far less likely to get charged because of the intervening vehicle and because you control the context of the shooting

As for Farseer, less impressed, you need a 3 to hit, which means the squad you guide will only get 10 re-rolls, and you probably need a 4 or 3 to wound, so even doom is iffy, but probably better value than guide, but the real crux is you can not doom your target the turn you get out of the serpent
    Fast Attack:
    6x Swooping hawks
    Exarch; sunrifle; skyleap; intercept
    You cant really argue with a unit that is never on the table during your opponent s turn
    Not the best in the world, and to some not the worst; I always like to include them since theres no telling what they can do to annoy the enemy until they come in, drop grenades, shoot a squad, and leap back up only to do it again.

Heavy Support:
    Falcon

Falcon

I realize that using guns with different ranges is usually not the best of idea's (especially here with the long range of the pulse weapon, mid range of the scatter laser; and medium range of the cannon) but each one is still capable of firing everything in the same turn as long as it does not move to far. Given the fact that each one is going to be transporting stuff that wants to get in close, the range issue may be less of a problem in retrospect.

Total: 1497

So what do you all think? I would include my usual line about me not playing MEQ's to often, but we got three more MEQ players recently so I will have to start considering some of that stuff a bit more.
    You are exposing your falcons to too much risk, I would ditchthe dragons, de-power the exarchs on the DA to blade storm and dual cats, de power the useless doom and stones on the seer and try like mad to fit the banshees into another serpent, for all you cant really argue with them and I love the minis as well, I would ditch the hawks to do this
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Never said I was giving them up Cher, just said I was gonna give a different playstyle a try for a change. We're to rare an army to give up completely...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

will let you off a little it then mate
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread