1750 Jetbike list, please critique - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Jetbike list, please critique

So, I've been tooling around with all my different Eldar minis, as I have not been happy with my various lists performances. Thought I'd try a Saim Hann/Ulthwe alliance sort of theme with lots of bikes and DA functioning as Black Guardians.

HQ
    2x Jetbike Farseer w/ spear and guide @ 108 pts each

Troops
    2x 3 Jetbikes w/cannon @ 76 pts each
    1x 6 Jetbikes w/2 cannons @ 152 pts
    3x 10 DA @ 120 pts each

Elites
    2x 6 Dragons @ 96 pts each

Fast Attack
    2x Vyper w/scatter laser @ 60 pts each

Heavy Support
    2x Falcons w/scatter laser, holo fields and spirit stones @ 175 pts each
    1x 4 Dark Reapers + 1 Exarch w/missile launcher and fast shot @ 217 pts

Total: 1699

We usually play games at 1750 where I'm at. I'd appreciate some responses as to how to make this army work really well. I'll be playing with either this or my Tau tomorrow (likely this, if I get some replies).

Where I play we've got some trait marines, space wolves, speed freeks, feral orks, nidzilla, swarmy 'nids, LatD and several other guys who rarely show up. I'd like to build a really killer list for once, 'cause I lose all the time, giving a bad name to the Eldar.

I have a rather large selection of minis to draw from, so I can probably put in almost any suggestions.

I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrpger View Post
    So, I've been tooling around with all my different Eldar minis, as I have not been happy with my various lists performances. Thought I'd try a Saim Hann/Ulthwe alliance sort of theme with lots of bikes and DA functioning as Black Guardians.
    ok first suggestion, in the 40K tactica forum I wrote a tactica on the eldar light vehicle, that included bikes, I suggest reading that
    HQ
    2x Jetbike Farseer w/ spear and guide @ 108 pts each
    what are you guiding?
    Autarch makes a fine HQ for bike based army if you have shining spears in it
    Troops
    2x 3 Jetbikes w/cannon @ 76 pts each
    tempted by warlocks with snging spears in here, gives you tank hunting options, not to mention embolden
    1x 6 Jetbikes w/2 cannons @ 152 pts
    adding wqarlock with enhance in here would also help but probably less of an option than the smaller squads
    3x 10 DA @ 120 pts each
    Effectively your black guardians? but to get real efect from these you need an exarch with blade storm, they re also comparably static, would be tempted to drop but understand you want some ulthwe fluff in there, consider black guardian squads used to have warlocks, wouldnt and exarch fill a similar role?
    Elites
    2x 6 Dragons @ 96 pts each
    dragons in falcons - oh lords, well my opinion on that one is well documented, and since you have put the DA in a rather less than efficent format to be fluffy, cant see why you would put anything as unfluffyas this in - it is more beil tann than anything else
    Fast Attack
    2x Vyper w/scatter laser @ 60 pts each
    split into 2 squads of 1.
    2 shuriken cannon will cost the same price and give you half a\s many shots again with a better ap, although slightly less range
    Heavy Support
    2x Falcons w/scatter laser, holo fields and spirit stones @ 175 pts each
    would take cannon upgrade and stop wasting them by using them as transports
    1x 4 Dark Reapers + 1 Exarch w/missile launcher and fast shot @ 217 pts
    very static and less ulthwe than say weapons platforms or war walkers but EOT saw an increase of DA in ulthwe armies so fair ennough
    [/quote]
    not sure what your farseers are doing but not realy giving you much, I would ditch the farseers, add an autarch with jet bike, laser lance, mandiblaser, a 5 man shining spear squad to accompany him, add the exarchs to the DA and lose the dragons
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread