1500 dark eldar - Masters of the Dark Arts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

1500 dark eldar - Masters of the Dark Arts

Gday,

This is my current DE list. I wanted to make it as psychic as Dark Eldarly possible, to keep it in line with my Dark Elves. Im happy with items ive chosen, but all critique appreciated.

HQ - Master Assassin - 152
    Archon, Agoniser, Splinter pistol, Shaddow field, Combat drugs, Plasma genade, Crucible of Malediction

HQ - Dark Arts Adept - 115
    Drachon, Punisher, Tormetor Helm, Plasma grenade, Xenospasm, Hellmask, Combat drugs, Heywire Grenades

T - 10x Warriors - 100
    2x Dark Lance

T - 10x Warriors, includes Dark Arts Aprentice - 125
    2x Dark lance, Sybarite with: Nightmare Doll

T - 9x Raider Squad - 173
    6x splinter rifle, 1x Blaster, 1x Splinter cannon, sybarite with: Agoniser, pistol Plasma granade, RAIDER with: Disintergrator

T - 8x Raider Squad - 165
    5x splinter rifle, 1x Blaster, 1x Splinter cannon, sybarite with: Agoniser, pistol Plasma granade, RAIDER with: Disintergrator

E - 9x Wyches + Raider - 223
    Wyche weaopns, Plasma grenades Splinter pistols, 2x Blaster, Succubus also with: agoniser, pistol, RAIDER with: Disintergrator

E - 5x Warp beasts + Beastmaster

E - 5x Mandrakes

FA - 5x Reaver Jetbikes - 186
    2x Blaster, Succubus with: Agoniser, Tormentor helm

HS - Ravager - 110
    2x Darklance, 1x Dissie

TOTAL - 1499

Regards, Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

nice list just ultimately depends if its a tourney army or a specific opponent.

personally i would drop the crucible, the agoniser and sp
    give him animus vit, punisher and a TH, but ur going for a certain style so its quite fine.

i'm not a fan of raider squads since the raiders are gonna be your coffin, but once again its gotta do with style, in 3rd edition rules that would be a nice army. maybe with WWP it would be a nice army in 4th edition.
    nightmare doll is a nice touch i like them, first turn can mean the world of difference with DE and i can see where your going with this army, just make sure you get them off their coffins.

5 mandrakes is a waste not unless your going for scare tactics, in the end though they are not gonna be worth their points cost. i know your going for style here but a half squad of mandrakes is a no no.

I would like to hear your tactics on this army, how you would be using them, then i can give ya better advise, still though i like it, very darkeldarly, drop the mandrakes and a few troops get a talos

Edit: i didnt notice ur ravager, umm 2 lances and dizzie is bad combo, need i say why? i'm guessing u ran outta pts and went with it anyway.
    Last edited by dizzie; May 18th, 2007 at 17:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Thanks Dizzie.

Im not a fan of the Animus, mainly as it wont work against fearless armies. I take the crucible just for the theme, plus i figure when it works, its bound to be handy. For 20 points, theres a chance of killing a model thats worth 100+ points. it only has to work in 1 every 6 games to get its points back.

I LOVE agonisers. Firstly, works against everthing. 2nd, less combat drugs to muck around with (dont have to worry about strength). 3rd, fits with my Assaisin theme for the character (again, matching my dark elevs, where a i also use an assassin)

Also not sure about WWP. Having to stay in one spot not sooting, not moving for an entire turn.....just dunno. I stick with hiding behind trees with a 24inch move for now. If that fails, i can give it to the reavers.

Now the mandrakes. In this army - objective grabbers, ties up units, distractions and the like. I know they wont kill anything,but they are a stategic move. I the table quarters mision, i can send one model to every quarter, and then pop out where they are needed, hopefuly snatching the VP's with it. They are also another unit brought over from my dark elves (where i use Shades...). I wanna keep this unit, just to be sneaky with em, but also keep my theme.

With the ravager, i didnt run outta points. The way i saw it,i want it mainly topop tanks. However, if the enemy has none,or i destroy them all, i also want to be able to target infantry. Thats what the dissie is for.

My tactics will revolve around the snipers and ravagers hanging back for fire support, and the rest trying to win the day with a mix of combat and shooting. I will try to hide the raiders behind cover as much as possible. The archon will normally join the Wyches, the drachon a raider unit. Howeverm theres room on all the raiders if they need to be somewhere else.

Its also aimed at tournys. IE, take on all comers.

Hope that helps.

And thanks again.

Regards, Tim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

no problem tim.

Quote Originally Posted by timk1111 View Post
    If that fails, i can give it to the reavers.
    Regards, Tim
    can't do that

grotesque squad on raider with 2 heamies works great, u can still move the squad while one heamie drops from squad to open portal. then he can FOF to catch back up with squad, just make sure not to move squad more than 6" away(so enemy can't single him out) or you can leave him on the raider, which ever is best. Its probably the best tactic for WWP deploying since if ur raider goes boom, your grotesques will only take one wound each, then u need str 6 weapons to gun the rest down your opponent is never doing this even if he is Tau or IG
    If you cant get portal up and close this way without dieing theres something badly going wrong.
    Last edited by dizzie; May 19th, 2007 at 12:25.

+ Reply to Thread