Slight confusion with snakebite clan, but look at my feral 1000 list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slight confusion with snakebite clan, but look at my feral 1000 list

I have just started making an ork army list, I have made a feral ork list which kicks the lower back rather hard, but my warboss keeps getting pawned, and i miss his mega armour, then I looked at the snakebites clan thing and then wondered, hmmm a warboss with mega armour on a super cyboar, mmmmmmm. but the thing was that I was unsure whether I was allowed to give him mega armour, does aneone know whether I can or cannot? Oh and heres my Feral Ork army list of 1000 points:

Warboss
    Powerclaw
    Super Cyboar
    Iron Gob
    Flash Furs
    Shiny Bits

Total- 130

Troops

20x Madboyz: choppas and sluggas
    PigDok w 4 styboyz

Total -170

PigDok w 4 styboyz

Total -170

PigDok w 4 styboyz

Total -170

10 grots + slaver

Total- 39

Massive Squiggoth
    Kannon
    T/L Rokkit Launcha
    Big Shoota

Total- 160

Massive Squiggoth
    Kannon
    T/L Rokkit Launcha
    Big Shoota

Total- 160

Total overall 999

any comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list looks like a lot of fun, will you be putting two of the madboy squads into the squigoths? If so I think you can only put 20 orks in there, and I think you have 25 models in each (I believe the styboyz count as extras but may be wrong on that point). Throwing them inside the transport would be pretty sweet because you can shoot out and that would be the most protected transport options available since it is based off of wounds not armor. I wonder if you have to roll on the disturbed table is they're in a transport?

As for your warboss, is he going to be riding lone ranger style into combat? Off on his own he makes a pretty good target for a rocket or some other str 8 weapon to insta kill him. Perhaps throw him into one of the madboy squads and drop the cyboar?

With the extra points, throw in a few more grots to the grot squad, 10 of them is pretty meager and they could use a little boost in numbers.

Again, I've never played a feral army before but this list has inspired me to give it a shot!

Oh and one more thing I just noticed. I think you can only have one weapon choice on each squiggoth. The codex says any size squigoth can take "either" a TL big shoota/TL rokkit/ or lobba, not one of each.
    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; November 8th, 2007 at 00:48.
    "I'm the biggest so I'm the boss!" - Common Orky logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i definatley see your point about the warboss and i think i will just give him heavy armour instead and put him into a squad of madboyz. erm im not sure of how the squiggoth works transport and guns-wise because i have the printed sheets from the online gamesworkshop website and it gives no indication as to how many orks it can carry, or wht the gun situation is. it says the massive squiggoth has to have 3 bigs guns. but then it says 'A big gun can be etc, i dunno if it means that i have to have 3 as i do not have the codex. i see your point about grots and will hopefully add more, but with this whole squiggoth confusion i dont know what can happen, but as soon as i no wht the rules for the squiggoth are, then i can make a new list maybe. is it possible if you can help me out with the squiggoth rules because i dont have a codex.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things to mention.

I don't think the Squiggoths are transports. It doesn't say that anywhere that I can see. the guys inside are just dead if it dies.

Also, Pigdocs can only pick three styboys or squigs, not four.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Squiggoth's are definitely not transports, they carry boys who can fire their shootas but are basically bought with the squiggoth. I'd at least bring some regular boar boys, or some boar boy nobs or somethign to try and keep that warboss alive, no wonder he gets pwned.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, normally people use massive squigoths as huge moving fire with lots of dakka ta boot. You put all your mad boyz behind the squigoths because they block LOS, and you can make them very large, so the madboyz can't get shot at. The squigoths earn their points back by letting you get all your madoyz into combat who then slaughter the enemy.

+ Reply to Thread