Please read and respond 1500pt Tournament (Necrons) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please read and respond 1500pt Tournament (Necrons)

Ok 2morrow and Sunday my friends and i are all getting together for a tournament and i figured this is the perfect time for me to try out my necrons for their first "real" tournament. we are playing 1500 pts and i think im mostly going to be trying to take a base and i can depend on an almost all gaunt tyranid army for an allie and im going up against a tau army (obviously long range) and a LOTTA tanks from an imperial guard army. Here it goes:

HQ:
    Necron Lord @ 195pts
    Warscythe, Rez Orb, Phylactery

ELITES:
    10 Immortals @ 290pts
    disruption fields

5 Pariahs @ 180pts

TROOPS:
    10 Warriors @200pts
    disruption fields

10 Warriors @ 200pts
    disruption fields

10 Warriors @ 200pts
    disruption fields

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Monolith @ 235pts

Total: 1500pts
    Phase out:10 necrons (out of 41)
    So i figure gaunts exhaust themselves killing off the Tau fire warriors (i kn ow that my opponent LOVES fire warriors and will be packing at least 36) and tying up daemons while i kill vehicles/marines and other heavily armored targets while the lord/pariahs go daemon-prince hunting and help the gaunts kill daemons (assuming they are still alive). The Monolith is there to help revive my troops, make the whole army more manuverable, and be a fire-magnet because my opponents are not as tactical as me and will be afraid of it (AKA pouring a ton of rescources into killing it while the rest of my army DESTROYS them).

Plz comment and/or critisize. Also would this list be any good in a normal battle without gaunts and hive tyrants helping out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

HQ:
    Necron Lord @ 195pts
    Warscythe, Rez Orb, Phylactery
    >>> drop the warscythe, the staff if much better and you dont have to pay for it. phylactery is good, but not necessary. sod's law,lords always fail WBB anyway.

ELITES:
    10 Immortals @ 290pts
    disruption fields
    >>> drop the D.fields, there pointless, youre better off shooting anyday.

5 Pariahs @ 180pts
    >>> no WBB? expensive, slow. drop these guys, more guns and numbers will be a lot more useful.

TROOPS:
    10 Warriors @200pts
    disruption fields

10 Warriors @ 200pts
    disruption fields

10 Warriors @ 200pts
    disruption fields
    >>> same as for immortals, drop the D.fields

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Monolith @ 235pts
    >>> good

With those changes, you willl save 260 points.
    good units to look at adding: destroyers, heavy destroyers, scarab swarms.

swarms tie up the enmy well, use units of 4+.
    H.destroyers, id suggest taking 2, each its own ''unit'' but keep them close for WBB
    destroyers, good at flaying anything with AS less than 3+, and can hurt marines quite nicely too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Your mobility suck and you are going to be reacting to your friends armies all day. As such you will not be able to dictate the terms of the battle.
    You should be able to beat the all gaunt army but you are going to struggle against everything else.

The Tau and IG armies will probably toast your monolith very early and its your unit allowing you mobility.

I would suggest:

HQ:
    Necron Lord @ 200pts
    Rez Orb, Veil

ELITES:
    9 Immortals @ 252pts

TROOPS:
    10 Warriors @ 180pts
    10 Warriors @ 180pts
    10 Warriors @ 180pts

Fast Attack:
    4 Destroyers @ 200pts
    4 Destroyers @ 200pts
    9 Scarab Swarms @ 108pts

1500pts.

The destroyers and immortals will carve up the nid, tau and IG (AP4 and gauss).
    The Destroyers, Scarabs and Veil (with Immortals) give you the added mobility.
    Last edited by null_sheen; May 27th, 2007 at 03:42.

+ Reply to Thread