2000 point Eldar, comments please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

2000 point Eldar, comments please

Haven't used this army yet, I don't have enough stuff quite yet, but this is sort of the direction I want to take my army.

HQ

Farseer: Singing Spear, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Doom, Guide
    133 Points

155 Points

Elites

10 Striking Scorpions, Exarch with Scorpion Claw and Stalker
    Wave Serpent with twin Brightlances and vectored engines
    337 Points

10 Howling Banshees, Exarch with Mirrorswords
    327 Points

Troops

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with 2 Shuricats and Bladestorm
    297 Points

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with 2 Shuricats and Bladestorm
    152 Points

Heavy Support

5 Dark Reapers, Exarch with Missile Launcer and Fastshot
    217 Points

Wraithlord with Brightlance and Wraithsword
    140 Points

3 War Walkers with 2 Starcannons
    240 Points

Total: 1998

Another couple ideas I had were ditching guide for fortune and sticking the seer with the scorpions. I also toyed with the idea of prisms instead of war walkers and maybe vypers instead of reapers. My only real concern is that the speed of the serpents might leave the wraithlord and avatar to trudge across the table and either have nothing to kill or arrive too late to tip the balance.

Comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm

From the looks of it, It's a CC-ish army.

In my mind, the HQ is fine, not needing to really change that.

Elites is where you get the CC going, and it seems fine, all depends what your fighting against. Both Striking Scrops and Howling Bansh should do fine.

Dire Avengers can shoot and cc, so thats fine, and giving one a wave serpent helps. Reapers help the CC get where they want to be.

Im not sure if the Wraithsword would help. Depends what you want him doing. If you get close with the Avatar, then you'll raise hell. My wraithlord has BL's and Scatter Lasers, but whatever, this is your army.

The warwalkers, I would have to say mix it up a bit. I find starcannons used to kill termies/elite units. I would try to mix it up so that they can kill something, no matter what situation. (Eg. 6 Star cannon shots vs alotta orcs. Or Too many scatter laser shots at alotta orcs.) I'm not saying the cannons are bad, but it could help getting a few different things.

Thats all I can really say. The only thing I would like to ask, because they do help, but where's the fast attack?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast attack isn't needed as der-kaiser has enough serpents getting his guys up the field quick enough. I also agree with H4Y470, mix up the war walkers a little. Make them more well rounded so there not only good at taking out troops OR tanks, but both.
    Drop the wraithsword unless you love it, you have plenty of cc units in this list and the fire support your lord can deal will help soften the enemy before you get into combat. Make sure you get the reapers into a really good lane of fire.
    The problem with your avatar is that he'll take awhile to get into combat(depending on your opponent's army) so try to force your enemy into going closer to the avatar. This can be achieved by blocking off all lanes but one with all your shooty stuff and trying to force him down the one with fewer guns.
    Tell us the armys you face most often so we can help out more.

Cheers, Flame Squall.
    The Bridgeburners(SM)-(Around) 3000
    Splinter Fleet Dragnipur-1500 (and growing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find scorpions to be better at infiltrating, so you could move the scorpion wave serpent over to the other dire avenger squad so that that squad doesn't get left behind
    Space Marines are the gateway drug

If everyone makes fun of West Virginia, who does West Virginia make fun of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transports require spirit stones to survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x2)

I mostly face nids, DE, Thousands sons, and demon hunters. Occasionally world eaters. The army I generally have the most trouble fighting is demon hunters. I haven't lost to the nids in a fairly long time, but sometimes he manages to surprise me. Thousand sons use gift of chaos and a lot of chaos spawn, DE is pretty unorthodox, he sets up firebases of mass warriors with darklances, and if you happen to get close enough he counterattacks with wyches and incubi, for that I generally go scatterlasers on the warwalkers.

Also, in this sort of army, would it be more effective to keep the seer back so he can guide the warwalkers and dark reapers, or at the front so he can doom whatever the banshees charge or fortune the scorpions and the like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x2)

Played around with the list a little, hears the new one, let me know what you think

HQ
    Farseer with runes of witnessing, doom, guide, spirit stones, and a singing spear
    133 points

155 points

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers, exarch with 2 shuricats and bladestorm
    Wave Serpent with twin brightlances and spirit stones
    297 points

297 points

Elites
    10 Howling Banshees, exarch with mirrorswords and acrobatic
    332 points

10 Striking Scorpions, exarch with scorpion claw, stalker, and shadow strike
    212 points

Heavy Support
    5 Dark Reapers, exarch with missile launcher and fast shot
    217 points

Wraithlord with brightlance
    130 points

3 Warwalkers, each with a brightlance and a scatterlaser
    225 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

The new list is better though I still feel like your plan is kind of off. The Avatar generally gives the greatest benefit to high model count foot slogging armies due to the fearlessness he inspires but from the looks of it he will be moving up the table all by his lonesome. I would personally suggest dropping him altogether in favor of picking up a falcon and switching out the scorpions for a 6 man squad of harlies to put in the falcon. This way you have a small firebase in the walkers, reapers, and the WL and the rest of your army is mobile.

As far as where to put the seer I would either put him with the walkers or grab him a bike becuase seers in transports are just wasted points.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Kaiser View Post
    Played around with the list a little, hears the new one, let me know what you think

HQ
    Farseer with runes of witnessing, doom, guide, spirit stones, and a singing spear
    133 points

155 points

Troops
    297 points

297 points

Elites
    10 Howling Banshees, exarch with mirrorswords and acrobatic
    332 points

10 Striking Scorpions, exarch with scorpion claw, stalker, and shadow strike
    212 points

Heavy Support
    5 Dark Reapers, exarch with missile launcher and fast shot
    217 points

Wraithlord with brightlance
    130 points

3 Warwalkers, each with a brightlance and a scatterlaser
    225 points

Beware of the Runes of Witnessing : they greatly increase the risk of losing the Farseer to Perils of the Warp (and it's an Instant Kill, if you fail the save...)

Your Farseer will be stuck to your Wraithlord (6") if you want to totally avoid the risk of having the WL standing dumb... I think the single Farseer / no Warlock - Spiritseer - Shadowseer / Wraithlord combination is creating a big constraint on the way you could use your Farseer... My suggestion is to drop the Wraithlord. He's only carrying a single BL anyway, and you already have plenty on your Serpents and WWs...

I'm not too hot about the Avatar in this army... Now, maybe you can outline what your tactics would be, which units you would use in combination ? Would you set up a core fire base with Farseer+ DAs + WL + WWs + Avatar ? Or do you intend to join your Farseer to a moving unit (Banshees ?). Or ... ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I'm not too hot about the Avatar in this army... Now, maybe you can outline what your tactics would be, which units you would use in combination ? Would you set up a core fire base with Farseer+ DAs + WL + WWs + Avatar ? Or do you intend to join your Farseer to a moving unit (Banshees ?). Or ... ????
    This is where my confusion comes in as well, it would be easier to give advice if we knew what the general plan was gonna be.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast