2500 Point Friendly List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 Point Friendly List

Hello everyone. I'm going into a big battle in a couple of weeks and I just made a new list that I am not very familiar with so every suggestion is welcome! I'm about 40 points over the limit so if you could help me trim it down a bit then please do so. I will be going against Space Marines, Eldar, and Chaos (Iron Warriors). The Space Marine army is full of Termies, bikes scouts jumpers and tactical squads (with apothecaries). The Eldar army has 2 wraithlords a possible phoenix lord, warlocks, warwalkers, Dire Avengers, Guardians. And the Iron Warriors Army will be loaded with heavy support such as Termies, Land Raider, Baslisk, and possible Dreadnought. This is why I chose to bulk up my army this way. Here's the list;

Farsight Enclave

HQ = 1064
    O’Shavah (Commander Farsight)
    - Bodyguard (Helios), TA, HWMT HWTL
    - Bodyguard (Deathrain), TA, HWMT HWTL
    - Bodyguard (Fireknife), TA, HWMT HWTL
    - Bodyguard (Burning Eye), TA, HWMT HWTL

Commander Shas’o (Helios)
    - Twin Linked plasma rifle, HWMT HWTL w/ Bonding knife
    Body Guard Shas’vre (Fireknife)
    - TA, HWMT HWTL
    - TA, HWMT HWTL

Elites = 369
    Crisis Battle suit Team(3) {Deathrain}
    -Shas’vre w/ bonding knife
    -TA, HWMT, HWTL

Stealth Team (6)
    - Shas’vre w/ fusion blaster & Bonding knife
    - (5) Shas’ui w/ burst cannons
    - (2) Marker light drones

Troops = 568
    Fire Warrior Squad
    -Shas’ui w/ Bonding knife
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fast Attack = 96
    Gun Drone Squad (

Heavy Support = 450
    Sniper Drone Team

Hammerhead Gunship
    - Railgun w/ smart missle drones
    - TA, DP, DL, TL, MT, FD
    - Landing gear

Sky Ray Defensive Gunship
    - Burst Cannon Drones
    - TA, DP, DL, MT, FD
    - Landing Gear

Total Points : 2547

So thats the list i hope you all can help! Thanks in advance

You know how ppl see a bright light before they die?... That my railgun blast in their face! "FOR THE GREATER GOOD!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the points to 2500, your never suppose to be over. I don't know anything about tau really so just leetting you know to drop the points.
    The Bridgeburners(SM)-(Around) 3000
    Splinter Fleet Dragnipur-1500 (and growing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the Points

i know i have to drop the points thats why in the beginning paragraph it says pls help me shave off about 40 points
    You know how ppl see a bright light before they die?... That my railgun blast in their face! "FOR THE GREATER GOOD!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Okay, well lets have a look at this enourmous list. 2500 pts is a very big army and gives you a lot of scope to work with, and it would be really easy to drop 40 odd points from this just buy dropping you Shas'O back to an El', dropping one weapon and then loosing the TL that he doesn't need to use anyway.

But lets have a look and see what we have.

(just a quick note, by doing all the fancy editing it makes it really hard for us to quote out this list and give step by step help, if you leave it in normal size and style font it makes it easier for everyone, and saves you time as well. Also if you include the actual weapons you put on the suits not just the names, people who aren't as well versed in the suit names can add more advice as well).

HQ = 1064
    - Bodyguard (Deathrain), TA, HWMT HWTL
    - Bodyguard (Burning Eye), TA, HWMT HWTL
    Well, if you are trying to get as many crisis suits into one game as possible then I suppose this is a good way to do it, but it isn't necessarily always a good thing to do. This unit can be very deadly but very easy to tie up and become innefective. It has a HUGE footprint and can't hide anywhere on the table. Having said that, maybe have a quick look at what the different wargear options do again. If you have a twin linked weapon (i.e deathrain) then you can' use an MT so why bother paying for one. Also I would drop the Burning Eye in favour of another fireknife or Helios, same goes for the Deathrain.

Commander Shas’o (Helios)
    - Twin Linked plasma rifle, HWMT HWTL w/ Bonding knife
    - TA, HWMT HWTL
    - TA, HWMT HWTL
    Rediculously expensive and completely unnesecary. First off, a Shas'O is complete waste of points. Make him an EL and give him a PR,FB,TA and HWMT and you save big bucks but don't lose out on effectiveness. Also the extra Fireknives not only don't really fit well in terms of thier weapons (i.e. combined with the O') but they actually make it easier to kill him. Drop them down into the Elites section, drop one TA, make the other a Team leader exactly as written and you are all of a sudden a bunch of points cheaper but also a whole lot more effective.

Check out my HQ tactica in the tau forum for some other ideas.

Elites = 369
    -TA, HWMT, HWTL
    THe MT's are not doing anything here so lose them. Apart from that these guys are great.

Stealth Team (6)
    Lose the vre', Fusion blaster and the markerdrones. They limit the effectiveness of you force. All you need is six straight up stealths and their bonding knife (due to farsight), the rest is just a point sink

Troops = 568
    Fire Warrior Squad
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades
    More info required, how many guys are in each squad, I could do the math but can't be bothered.
    Also, you can lose the Photon grenades, they won't help that much. These guys would be really nice if you had a couple of squads in devilfish. They would be so much more manueverable and tactical and deadly. You have already saved a bunch of points and my boy we are just getting started, so with the left overs that is the first thing I would do. But transports with all these guys. The only upgrades they would need are Decoys.

Fast Attack = 96
    Gun Drone Squad (
    These guys are good, I like em.

Heavy Support = 450
    Sniper Drone Team
    You are in a big battle and only have two tanks, and only one railgun, always a bad move. The enemy is going to have loads of BIG badass tanks to shoot at so takes some guns to shoot at him. Drop these guys, they are not worth the heavy slot IMO. Take a second Railhead instead.

Hammerhead Gunship
    - TA, DP, DL, TL, MT, FD
    - Landing gear
    Okay, a lot of extra stuff you don't need AGAIN. If you drop the DP's you can deply hidden in cover and have the same benefits, you can also drop the TL and FD and not miss them either.

- Burst Cannon Drones
    - TA, DP, DL, MT, FD
    - Landing Gear
    Same goes for this guy. Lose the DP and FD.

Your problem is not that you need to drop 40 points, it is that you need to drop a BUNCH of superflous stuff and add some others. You have used almost over a third of your army on one HQ unit but don't have the Heavy support to back them up. If you dropped a couple of suits and took some other things you could really have an effective list. Go back to the codex and look at the support systems again, take only what you need, not just everything you can.

Basis of a good list is there, just give it a little overhaul and it should be looking good.

Hope you have fun in the massive battle I am sure you are playing.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

dave pretty much got everthing though i have one small thing to add. you dont need all the target locks especially on that huge HQ list. just give a couple on the big group. mainly because you lose a lot of effectiveness when shooting at 8 different targets instead of 2 or three. and the fact that those points really add up. and to stress a point made by dave, get DEVILFISH'S! at such a high point list not being able to move your troops will get them killed real easy because the enemy has so much fire power and or assault troops to bear. and it would be a big help to us and you if you told us which opponent your facing so we could help you taylor(sp) your army a little more
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New List

ok so i've made some changes to my list here they are;

HQ = 645
    - Bodyguard (Helios), TA, HWMT
    - Bodyguard (Helios), TA, HWMT
    - Bodyguard (Helios), TA, HWMT, HWTL
    - Bodyguard (Fireknife), TA, HWMT

- Bodyguard (Fireknife), TA, HWMT

that should be good still big on points but i would like to keep all my suits in this squad

Commander Shas’O (Helios)
    - Positional Relay, HWMT HWTL w/ Bonding knife

i got rid of the bodyguards so i can better use IC status and wont get killed as much i'm not dropping the 'O like everyone else does only because it raises my Ballistic skill ( i know just as a TA) and also gives me an extra wound and attack( incase i ever get locked in combat). I did however give him a PR because it will help for when i want to deep strike any battlesuits or stealth, whichever squad i decide to drop.

Elites = 540
    -TA, HWTL

Crisis Battle suit Team(3) {Fireknife}

-TA, HWTL

I like the way these guys are so they stay, subtract the multi-trackers. I don't even know why I put them on in the first place. The 'vre stays cause with a TA it gives him 3+ for hits

Stealth Team (6)

The drones and the fusion blaster stays because my stealth always gett in contact with a tank and because of the bad luck of my Space Marine opponent i have never failed to kill his predator with one shot :yes:

Troops = 738
    Fire Warrior Squad (12)
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad (12)
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad (12)
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

Fire Warrior Squad (12)
    -Pulse Rifles
    -Photon Grenades

DevilFish (APC)
    -Decoy Launchers
    -Landing gear

Devil Fish (APC)
    -Decoy Launchers
    -Landing Gear

I will try to add DevilFish but i don't think i will be able to get it in time and i don't have alot of money if anything i will only be able to get one or two. The Photon Grenades stay because i know they will get into close combat if not by chaos by SM cause they tend to drop near them.

Fast Attack = 96
    Gun Drone Squad (

Heavy Support = 435
    Sniper Drone Team (Possibly switched for Hammerhead)

Again i don't have the money to buy one of these but if i can bum some money off of friends i will definetly pick up one, but if i cannot the sniper drones stay.

Hammerhead Gunship
    - TA, DL, MT, FD
    - Landing gear

As for both my Hammerhead and SkyRay both flechette dischargers stay as well because SM Jumpers drop near my tanks all the time and with the FD most of the time the lose quite a bit of there squad.

- Burst Cannon Drones
    - TA, DL, MT, FD
    - Landing Gear

Total Points : 2454

For the opponnents i'm fighting, it is in the first post i sent i am fighting SM, Chaos (Iron Warriors), and Eldar. it will be a 4 way battle no teams. For those who are not familiar with the battlesuit names Deathrain are Twin-Linked Missile Pods // Firknife= Plasma Rifle and Missile Pod// Helios= Fusion Blaster and Plasma Rifle. ok now that i am done tear her up and let me know what i should fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper05 View Post

Stealth Team (6)

The drones and the fusion blaster stays because my stealth always gett in contact with a tank and because of the bad luck of my Space Marine opponent i have never failed to kill his predator with one shot :yes:.
    Arg! blasphemy! The dice Gods do not favor me all that much.... More sacrifices are needed:yes:.
    The Bridgeburners(SM)-(Around) 3000
    Splinter Fleet Dragnipur-1500 (and growing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

You still have a target lock on your lone commander.

Have another look at all of your battlesuit hardpoints and make sure you really need them.

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops

Ya sorry about that i didn't add it into the points though, I just forgot to take it out of my list. But yes it really isn't on there, and everything i have on the battlesuits fits fine i'd think for all the different units i will be taking on. I ordered a Devil fish today so i know i will have at least one for the battle also i will be buying the second Hammerhead after all because i get paid this week :w00t:. Thanks for the help and if there is anything else i should know please tell me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only use one Hammerhead, and Skyray in your army with O'shavah in your army... So for your third elite get some Brodesides.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast