[1850] Dark Eldar, Jetbike heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

[1850] Dark Eldar, Jetbike heavy

HQ

[2] Dracons
    +Agoniser x2
    +Tormentor Helm x2
    +Reaver Jetbike x2
    +Combat Drugs x2
    =240 points

Elites

[9] Wyches
    +Wych Weapons
    +Plasma Grenades
    [1] Wych Succubus
    +Agoniser
    +Wych Weapons
    +Plasma Grenades
    [1] Raider
    =223 points

[9] Wyches
    +Wych Weapons
    +Plasma Grenades
    [1] Wych Succubus
    +Agoniser
    +Wych Weapons
    +Plasma Grenades
    [1] Raider
    =223 points

Troops

[10] Warriors
    +Dark Lance x2
    =100 points

[10] Warriors
    +Dark Lance x2
    =100 points

[10] Warriors
    +Dark Lance x2
    =100 points

Fast Attack

[7] Reaver Jetbikes
    +Blaster x2
    [1] Reaver Succubus
    +Power Weapon
    +Tormentor Helm
    =256 points

[7] Reaver Jetbikes
    +Blaster x2
    [1] Reaver Succubus
    +Power Weapon
    +Tormentor Helm
    =256 points

Heavy Support

[1] Ravager
    +Disintegrator x3
    =120 points

[1] Ravager
    +Disintegrator x2
    =115 points

[1] Ravager
    +Disintegrator x2
    =115 points

Army Total: 1848
    Total Models: 73

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Three sniper squads, and two ravagers with DLs? Are you fighting an armored company list? That's a lot of tank busting power.
    Personally any list that does not have about 50% of its points in troops makes me feel strange, but it looks pretty good.
    The minus is that you have only four kinds of CC units hitting the opponent's front line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

i like it.
    this for a laugh?
    i would love to see how it plays out.
    maybe change that 3rd lance squad for a footslogging squad and squeeze the points outta somewhere for upgrades. get a sebaryte thats decently armed too.
    or perhaps drop the third lance squad and get some warp beats and add extra upgrades to ravagers

every unit you have is a target, cept maybe the lance squads but they are just as feared at times. i really like this list.

EDIT: the way i see it is if u place the raiders in cover with the wyches at one side of your deployment you can place the bikes at the other end of deployment, hopefully causing him to split his force or keep it all huddled in one corner. first turn i would move raiders 12" foward towards opponents flank and get the bikes back to where the wyches are using 24" boost. with these units all aiming for one flank.
    ravagers can put potholes in your opponents army to stop him from lessening the force of your flanking.
    (hope this makes sense )
    Last edited by dizzie; May 30th, 2007 at 23:53.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I notice that both lords have agonisers as the reaver succubi have power weapons - so I am guessing you wanted your lords to take out very high toughness targets?

My position on the lords is to give up the agonisers for power weapons. Very high toughness targets are too few and if there was one I would rather send the wyches than your lord (since the wyches have the agoniser and the 4+ dodge save). My lords are used as troop slayers - that being said a strength of 4 is plenty and with drugs you can boost it when you need it. I know its hard to give up but wounding tau, IG, orks and eldar on 4+ is too hard to bear. So unless I am facing the Tyranids I would consider the power weapon.

I also notice you dont have a shadowfield and the last time I questioned someone about not having a shadowfield I got a lecture on how "over used it is" and "boring" - so I am going to presume that you are going to shield them the best you can (good luck with the 5+ save).

Other than that I like the rest and I always have at least 1 darklance on a ravager - I like disintegrators too but the extra strength of the DL and the special rule makes this setup better for both popping tanks and blasting infantry. Tanks are first priority for me with ravagers as the rest of my list deals with CC easily.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongooseo View Post
    Three sniper squads, and two ravagers with DLs? Are you fighting an armored company list? That's a lot of tank busting power.
    Not really, just vehicles that are hard to take down - Tau and Eldar skimmers, namely. Better safe than sorry. The third sniper squad will help eliminate LOS blocking, hitting side AV, etc., and will help vs. heavy infantry, too. The Dark Lances on the Ravagers will be available if I need them, but are also quite good at killing MEQs, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongooseo View Post
    Personally any list that does not have about 50% of its points in troops makes me feel strange, but it looks pretty good.
    The minus is that you have only four kinds of CC units hitting the opponent's front line.
    It's something that happens a lot with DE, it seems. I can't seem to really find a much better use for Warriors besides shooting, so, shooting it is... they just happen to come cheap.

As for the CC units, the tactic used with a list like this is to get the enemy to split up their (most probably slower) army to match your deployment - that is, split up this army into two halves, and the enemy probably will deploy similarly to match you. That's when you zoom your very fast units (Reavers, Raiders) to the other side to hit the enemy's weaker flank in two waves of attacks, most likely crushing that flank before the enemy's other flank can respond.

That's the plan, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzie
    i like it.
    this for a laugh?
    i would love to see how it plays out.
    For a laugh, as in... not a serious list? I want this to be a fun list, yes, but it's also for some competitive gaming. I'll post some battlereports as they happen, if I can get the models.

maybe change that 3rd lance squad for a footslogging squad and squeeze the points outta somewhere for upgrades. get a sebaryte thats decently armed too.
    or perhaps drop the third lance squad and get some warp beats and add extra upgrades to ravagers
    A footslogging squad and/or Warp Beasts have no place in this list. They'll get left behind by the Reavers and Raiders, leaving them to just soak up hits. I'd rather have the sniper squad.

EDIT: the way i see it is if u place the raiders in cover with the wyches at one side of your deployment you can place the bikes at the other end of deployment, hopefully causing him to split his force or keep it all huddled in one corner. first turn i would move raiders 12" foward towards opponents flank and get the bikes back to where the wyches are using 24" boost. with these units all aiming for one flank.
    ravagers can put potholes in your opponents army to stop him from lessening the force of your flanking.
    (hope this makes sense )
    Similar idea, only I'll be splitting the army symmetrically - squad of Reavers and a Raider, with a Dracon in support, on either side, hopefully forcing the enemy to split. Then I'll designate the weaker flank, and zoom the other side over to help, using my entire army to squash his half an army, relying on DE's speed.

Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag
    I notice that both lords have agonisers as the reaver succubi have power weapons - so I am guessing you wanted your lords to take out very high toughness targets?
    Not really. I want my lords to be capable of taking out very high toughness targets, if the Dark Lances/Blasters fail me.

My position on the lords is to give up the agonisers for power weapons. Very high toughness targets are too few and if there was one I would rather send the wyches than your lord (since the wyches have the agoniser and the 4+ dodge save). My lords are used as troop slayers - that being said a strength of 4 is plenty and with drugs you can boost it when you need it. I know its hard to give up but wounding tau, IG, orks and eldar on 4+ is too hard to bear. So unless I am facing the Tyranids I would consider the power weapon.
    Really, you'd rather send the Wyches? I'd rather send a non-scoring model with upwards of 5 attacks, re-rolling misses (using drugs), to potentially take out the high toughness target, especially since it would have already been wounded by Dark Lances before, so 1-2 wounds shouldn't be hard to score.

I also notice you dont have a shadowfield and the last time I questioned someone about not having a shadowfield I got a lecture on how "over used it is" and "boring" - so I am going to presume that you are going to shield them the best you can (good luck with the 5+ save).
    First - too many points. As you can see, I really have none to spare. Second - I don't think it's overused, or boring, and I wanted it, but it really has no place here. The Dracons will be attacking with Reavers and Wyches, so the enemy can attack them if they want - just leaves more wounds in the other squads. Against shooting, I shall be shielding them with their IC status - not hard, as each of them have Reaver retinues. In CC, I shall be relying on high initiative and killing power to keep them alive. But again, if the enemy wants to attack them and not my scoring units, power to 'em.

Other than that I like the rest and I always have at least 1 darklance on a ravager - I like disintegrators too but the extra strength of the DL and the special rule makes this setup better for both popping tanks and blasting infantry. Tanks are first priority for me with ravagers as the rest of my list deals with CC easily.
    With the Sniper squads, I don't have too much of a worry with tanks, but the extra insurance is always nice, and they're still good against MEQs and the likes.

Thanks for the comments, all.

+ Reply to Thread