[1000] Kabal of the Raging Gale - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

[1000] Kabal of the Raging Gale

One of five members of a covenant established to seize ultimate power in Commorragh ... that's the theory, anyways! The beginnings of the fluff can be found here (Dark Eldar fluff project).

And now for the army list. Please note that this army is themed, and the HQ will not be changing in any way, shape, or form. The rest is up for comment, of course. Another note - no Wyches (with a Jetbike exception) are going to be included!

HQ

[1] Dracon
    +Agoniser
    +Tormentor Helm
    +Combat Drugs
    +Reaver Jetbike
    =120 points

Troops

[7] Warriors
    +Splinter Cannon
    +Blaster
    [1] Sybarite
    +Agoniser
    [1] Raider
    =160 points

[7] Warriors
    +Splinter Cannon
    +Blaster
    [1] Sybarite
    +Agoniser
    [1] Raider
    =160 points

Fast Attack

[7] Reaver Jetbikes
    +Blaster x2
    [1] Reaver Succubus
    +Power Weapon
    +Tormentor Helm
    =256 points

[4] Reaver Jetbikes
    +Blaster x2
    [1] Reaver Succubus
    +Power Weapon
    +Tormentor Helm
    =181 points

Heavy Support

[1] Ravager
    +Disintegrator x2
    =115 points

Army Total: 992 points
    Total Models: 33
    Total Jetbikes: 14

Thoughts? Please, constructive criticism only.

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; June 2nd, 2007 at 02:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks shiny for a 1000 pt force. Might have a bit much invested in the leader, but DE aren't really my thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    Thought for the Day: Armylists are a three-edged sword. The list your backstory wants. The list that is optimal. The list of models you actually own.
    And HOW.

(\_/)
    (X.X)
    (><) This is Dead Bunny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MyArmys: Points: W/L/D

Imperial Guard: 2250: In Progress.
    Necron: 500: 2/1/1

Join the Imperium today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
    Looks shiny for a 1000 pt force. Might have a bit much invested in the leader, but DE aren't really my thing.
    To keep with the theme, I needed to put a Reaver Jetbike on him - that's where the expensiveness is coming from. As it stands, he's actually really toned down compared to other DE HQ's (no Shadowfield, etc.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Because this list is based off of fluff and probaby won't change much I don't have much to comment on.
    Overal a very fast list which is good though to me it lacks numbers.

With the 8 points left upgrade the one succubus with the power weapon to an angoniser.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by necronoob View Post
    With the 8 points left upgrade the one succubus with the power weapon to an angoniser.
    Couple things:

1) The power weapons are in the "larger" list, that is, the 1850 list, so will probably stay.

2) Agonisers will waste the boosted strength, especially versus my main two enemies - Tau and Eldar.

3) Agonisers will tempt me to lock them in CC with big bads, which I should try to avoid anyways.

So, for now, the power weapons will stay. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Fluff list or not, how do you think it would perform?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think your list lacks any real close combat power. you dont have the ability to take down a heavy close combat unit like howling banshees or scorpions. I cant really see a place for you to change anything...as you are very dedicated to your army's fluff, but dropping the ravager and taking a talos would make up for your lacking close combat punch, however it would fall behind the rest of your army. In the long run you need the agonisers over the power weapons. because those agonisers will help bring down WLs and Crisis suits.

Hmm because you seem so dedicated to your lists the suggestions are minimal, but i think it will be a very fun list to run. you will have issues with crowd control but alot of DE armies do. Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I'm actually worried about the dracon. Because he's on his own (and isn't a wych lord with a dodge save) I fear that once he gets into combat and does his attacks he will just die (jetbikes don't improve your save despite how stupid that is when skyboards do and the bikes do for wyches to become reavers). I pretty much say that any lords going it alone (as in, not in a retinue) should have a shadowfield. I often don't even actually take such lords, instead opting for WWP haemonculi but there you go.

You're right about the power weapons LN by the way.

I agree with pervertdhermit to a certain extent. All lists without wyches are going to have a problem taking out really nasty close combat stuff in combat, this is true, yet the whole point of playing against nasty close combat stuff is, generally, if you don't have wyches, you want to avoid getting into combat with them and shoot them up instead, which is what I would assume LN would do with this list. So it shouldn't be a problem. We'd be a pretty sad army if we couldn't cope without a certain unit (like wyches).

I don't like ravagers without 3 dissies but I guess that is a personal things, with 3 dissies they just have so much more killing potential and don't waste shots on undeserving targets. I'd honestly suggest spending 5 of those 8 points in upgrading the lance to a dissie...

With the bikes, I really do suggest that you change them around a bit. Firstly, the 4 man squad doesn't have enough bodies to be sent into close combat, it either needs more riders or to lose the succubus. The other squad with 7... I actually think this unit might be a bit too clunky, it's size will make it difficult to hide behind terrain, esspecially if you've got those large flying bases. You only really need 6. I suggest either giving one reaver to the smaller squad, or just dropping 1 reaver from this squad AND dropping the succubus from the other squad and use the points for another small 3 man squad with 2 blasters (I don't think this list has enough dark matter, esspecially if you do take my advice with the ravager, more blasters would be good). Also, your points costs were wrong for both reaver units, you paid far too many points for them... Upon realising this, my suggestions are obviously going to change from what I said earlier to accommodate the extra points... Your raider squads also had their totals slightly overcosted by 8 points each.

I suggest doing something about the dracon, he's really ineffective the way you've kitted him. He's to vulnerable to fight anything proper in CC and he's to valueable and expensive to just spend fighting really weak stuff. He really either needs a shadowfield or to disappear entirely, perhaps joining one of the raider squads and dropping the bike.

So if the list looked something like this, I think it would be better:

HQ

[1] Dracon
    +Agoniser
    +Splinter Pistol
    +Combat Drugs
    +Shadowfield
    =106 points

Troops

[7] Warriors
    +Splinter Cannon
    +Blaster
    [1] Sybarite
    +Agoniser
    [1] Raider
    =152 points

[7] Warriors
    +Splinter Cannon
    +Blaster
    [1] Sybarite
    +Agoniser
    [1] Raider
    =152 points

Fast Attack

[5] Reaver Jetbikes
    +Blaster x2
    [1] Reaver Succubus
    +Power Weapon
    +Tormentor Helm
    =206 points

[5] Reaver Jetbikes
    +Blaster x2
    [1] Reaver Succubus
    +Power Weapon
    +Tormentor Helm
    =206 points

[3] Reaver Jetbikes
    +Blaster x2
    =120 points

Heavy Support

[1] Ravager
    +Disintegrator x3
    =120 points

Army Total: 992 points
    Total Models: 31
    Total Jetbikes: 13

= 987

This leaves you with 13 points to spend on anything, and if you drop the drugs or shadowfield you have 38. (Enough to buy back that jetbike if you really wanted to).

So, that's my advice for now, if you like you can post up an edited list with any changes you'd like to accept and we can have another go at it again.

EDIT: Ah! I finally understand the points costs thing. It's to do with the way you set out your list. You had stuff like. "7 warriors" "1 sybarite" and I assume that's 7 inc;uding the sybarite upgrade where you added the sybarite as an extra member... even so, I think this updated list is better. It also makes me even more worried about that cumbersome bike unit which was actually 8 strong! So... all squads in this list are including the squad leaders now, not with the squad leaders as an additional member... He's an upgrade really, not an entirely new model like a warlock is for guardians.
    Last edited by Tenozuma; June 9th, 2007 at 07:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread