500 Points Eldar, Possible? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Points Eldar, Possible?

Ok, thought as an Elder army list page, you would be best suited to answer..

Just came out of a 500 point game against an Eldar opponent, and after talking to a couple of other gamers afterwards got the idea that i was facing an illegal force - but before i jump to conclusions, i just want to check...

So with no further ado, this is what the Eldar player had (from my memory, with some areas i'm just not sure on)

HQ - Farseer ( and Mind war that i knew about, instant killed with a dark lance before he got into combat or anything)

Heavy - Wraithlord (starcannon cant remember which he said)

Fast attack? - Viper (Bright lance, not sure what else it had, if anything - died as well)

Troops - 6x Rangers (Pathfinders, or whatever it was that made them along the lines of X points each)

Troops - 3x Jetbikes (twinlinked catapults)

----

From what i know, his farseer was along the lines of 140+ points, and both his Wraithlord and pathfinders were both over 100 each, which leaves little room for the rest of his force, but as i'm not sure how much the rest cost, i cant really comment on that..

further, as my last contact with an Eldar codex was in the old edition, i'm not entirely sure over pathfinders and jetbikes being troops (jetbikes are, but arent the pathfinder upgrade aliotic?)

----

if you could pull up a 500 point force using the above force, then i'll be happy to know that my game was just, i dont normally call enemy forces as illegal, but this particular player has been known for lying/misreading/ignoring rules and points in favour of his own win, and very rarely allows other people the chance to find out the truth...

thanks in advance

Edited out a few stats. ~LN

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; June 3rd, 2007 at 05:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he sticked to the list above and not gave anymore upgrades to anything ,he could have all that in a list and it be legal, but if he put anymore upgrades than what you listed, he would have been over the 500 points. On the aliotic thing. In the new codex they do not have craftworlds like the old one. The pathfinders can be taking by any eldar player who wants them. If you can remember anymore of his list, it would help. Something does seem fishy about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I added what you said up to 485. My codex has been misplaced at the moment so I probably got the wraithlords cost wrong.

So if the farseer did indeed get the 2nd power + stones it was over 500 points. Odds are the jetbikes had a shurikannon making it 495.

And tell him to take the bright lance off his vyper and give it to the wraithlord .
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

I'll see if i can find out the kind of wargear his farseer had, i think the main problem was in a 750 point game he had earlier in the day, the only difference was about 3 or 4 Reapers, a full unit of pathfinders (instead of 6) and what i believe was a wave serpent (although it could of been a falcon, i'm not that familiar between the two). - this would all add up to 250 points? seems to be quite high IMO, though once again i have little knowledge of Eldar points etc..

Chances are a second power would have been Guide, as he usually choose that, but i cant be sure, as i killed him before he did much..

thanks for the replies
    Last edited by Mr.Shmatt; June 3rd, 2007 at 15:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

250 points easy. Your average wave serpent is 120-150 (minimum 100). 4 Pathfinders are 96 points and 3 reapers is 105.

Odds are he was cheating in that one.

Falcons generally cost 175 points (minimum 115). To tell the difference wave serpents generally have the spines down the side, falcons don't.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

+ Reply to Thread