1000 points eldar friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

1000 points eldar friendly

Used this army in a 4 player free for all a couple days ago. Did pretty well, but had a tendency to just sort of bounce off the Thousand Sons player. I didn't end up winning, but we were more concerned with getting into some good fights than the objective.

HQ
    Farseer with Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune, Rune of Witnessing
    143 pts

Autarch with powersword, mandiblasters, fusion gun
    100 pts

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers; Exarch with 2 shuricats and bladestorm
    152 pts

152 pts

Elites
    6 Striking Scorpions; Exarch with scorpion claw and stalker
    128 pts

6 Harlequins; Troupe Master, Shadowseer, all have kisses
    182 pts

Heavy Support
    Wraithlord with brightlance and wraithsword
    140 pts

Total: 997

I'm probably gonna swap out the harlequins for a full unit of banshees. They just haven't worked as well for me. The autarch had an amazing game, taking out a chaos defiler with his fusion gun and then killing the 215 point chaos lord in single combat when neither me nor the other player could get reinforcements to the fight (with help from doom and fortune, but hey).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

hmm yuou need to take harleys up to 10, without kisses on last 4 to get true effect, am also somewhat shocked about your autach, he should not get anywhere near the defiler, your opponent must be pretty naff, and a tooled lord should eat him for breakfast, with 4 attacks needing 4st to hit and 6s to wound, he should manage a wound every 3 rounds of combat, even doom wont change that, on the other hand your average lord has 5 attacks needing 4s or 5s to hit, but probably with re-rolls and 2s to wound, instakilling, the autarch, statistically would be lucky to put a wound on a lord before he died
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I play chaos and eldar and all I have to say is "WOW!". You musta have gotten Extremely lucky with dice rolls to have killed a chaos lord. Either that or he only had one wound left.

Like Chere said, any decent chaos lord should have been insta killing your Autarch with a crazy amount of Str 6+ hits.

As far as the list is concerned:

HQ
    Farseer with Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune, Rune of Witnessing
    143 pts
    As far as I can tell you do not have a lot that needs "Fotuning", I would personally drop it, spirit stones, and the runes of witnessing.

Autarch with powersword, mandiblasters, fusion gun
    100 pts
    Without some type of movement modifier it is tought to see how this guy is ever going to get to where he needs to be. Like Chere said, that chaos player had to be nuts to let a slogging fusion gun get to his defiler.

Troops
    152 pts

152 pts
    These are just fine.

6 Striking Scorpions; Exarch with scorpion claw and stalker
    128 pts
    imo, these are worthless without infiltrate as they are even slower than the rest of your infantry and will be left behind pretty quick.

6 Harlequins; Troupe Master, Shadowseer, all have kisses
    182 pts
    Personally in a list like this I would think that these guys would be life savers. I field a unit like this in my gunline list and their counter charge is usually enough to cripple the opposition.

Wraithlord with brightlance and wraithsword
    140 pts
    I am not a fan of the wraithsword. The WL has so few attacks as it is and moves so slowly that I don't see all that much benefit. I would rather have a Shuricannon or scatter laser here.

EDIT: I forgot to give suggestions lol! I would make the above changes to the Farseer(maybe keep stones and fortune), drop the Autarch and use the extra points to field the Avatar(He is why fortune may be a good idea). The Avatar will make all of your troops fearless and draw the heavy fire away from your other units.

I would also drop the scorpions and the wraithsword in favor of a unit of guardians with a shuricannon or scatter laser and getting your DA Units defend as well. They will benefit from the Avatar's ability and with adding the avatar you should have sufficient counter charge from him, the harlies, and the WL. The defend ability for the DAs will allow them to hold up enemy units long enough to bring your counter charge to bear.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

I'm just as shocked as you are about the chaos lord. The reason the autarch wasn't geting squished was because the lord had S4 lightning claws, but since thats the case I really have no idea how how he got up to 215 pts. I think a lot of it was spent on sorcery, not necessarily stuff that would help him in close combat, but I'm not sure, I'm not a chaos player. Also, lord is WS5, Autarch is WS6, so I was hitting on 3s. That combined with more than a little luck.

I don't know, I've tried harlequins a couple times and they just don't seem to do it for me. I mean, they can dice up any close combat monster clean as you like, but they get killed by the slightest breeze. I feel like banshees supported by a doom-toting seer would be a better investment of those points. Also, I've used guardians with a scatterlaser platform before, and if its one thing that hasn't changed in the new codex, its that guardians still can't shoot for crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

It's true that the guardians can't shoot but with thw Avatar around it also becomes a factor that they will never run away. And if you think the Autarch's WS 6 is impressive just wait until you use the Avatar's WS 10. The thing is one of the craziest CC HQs in the game.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

+ Reply to Thread