1750 Eldar Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Eldar Friendly

HQ

Farseer -
    Doom
    Fortune
    Spirit Stones
    Singing Spear

ELITES

7 Harlequins
    + shadowseer and all rending weapons

TROOPS

10 Avengers - Exarch, Twin Cats, Bladestorm
    10 Avengers - Exarch, Twin Cats, Bladestorm
    10 Avengers - Exarch, Power weapon and Shimmer, Defend
    10 Avengers - Exarch, Power weapon and Shimmer, Defend

FAST ATTACK

6 warp spiders- Exarch,Twin Spinners, Suprise Assault

HEAVY SUPPORT

Fire Prism- Holofield, Spirit Stone, Vectored Engines
    Fire Prism- Holofield, Spirit Stone, Vectored Engines
    Wraithlord with Brightlance

Right.

The Direz Advance with the Avatar making them fearless.
    The Farseer is behind the Avatar so it cant be picked out. The wraithlord advances while shooting tanks, the Fire PRisms Blast Evrything while the Harleys go Flank them. Spiders wil suprise assault any basilisk or rear armour targets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

worth giving all Da squads bladestorm
    you could drop VE off the prisms to pay for that (imoblised skimmer is a dead skimmer)

The Direz Advance with the Avatar making them fearless.
    The Farseer is behind the Avatar so it cant be picked out.
    Farseer is IC, does not need to hide behind avatar, he can not be targeted provided there is something closer (in this case the DA)
    Dont actually see that the farseer is giving you that much
    The wraithlord advances while shooting tanks, the Fire PRisms Blast Evrything while the Harleys go Flank them. Spiders wil suprise assault any basilisk or rear armour targets.
    Bad use for spiders, they may be fast but they wont get to back armour easily or quickly, damage will already have been done, dont see that they particularly need that role either, between 2 prisms and the avatar you ought to be able to get round and side shoot basilisks and other ordinanace, therefore use spiders for annoyance, anti infantry and to deal with people using transports for FOF or similar on the avengers
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I think he was planning to DS the spiders to the rear armour chere in which case I think they should work just fine.

Otherwise I agree that it is worth dropping the VE on the prisms to get all DA squads Bladestorm.

I think the Farseer will be amazing with this force. Doom an enemy squad and have TWO DA Squads bladestorm it..... nothing will survive. Fortune will also greatly increase the survivability of the Avatar, I garuantee that this will be target numero uno for the enemy.

I would actually drop 2 kisses from the harlies(I have found 5 to be enough) and give the spider exarch powerblades, just in case you need a little extra CC punch.

Other than the changes I mentioned above I really like this list and may have to try it out myself! Bravo!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    I think he was planning to DS the spiders to the rear armour chere in which case I think they should work just fine.
    realise that is an option but cant be gaurenteed, and wont work till turn 2? 3? by then you may have lost half your DA, far better to use WL and prisms on turn 1

I think the Farseer will be amazing with this force. Doom an enemy squad and have TWO DA Squads bladestorm it..... nothing will survive. Fortune will also greatly increase the survivability of the Avatar, I garuantee that this will be target numero uno for the enemy.
    Dooming a target of 2 bladestorms seems overkill it is likely to be ratehr dead after 66 shots anyway
    I would actually drop 2 kisses from the harlies(I have found 5 to be enough) and give the spider exarch powerblades, just in case you need a little extra CC punch.
    Good point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Quote:
    Dooming a target of 2 bladestorms seems overkill it is likely to be ratehr dead after 66 shots anyway
    yeah, I was thinking in my head, "Against his huge HQ termie squad, or mega armoured boys" but didn't type it. I just really think the two powers chosen are the most beneficial to the army.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ironangel256

realise that is an option but cant be gaurenteed, and wont work till turn 2? 3? by then you may have lost half your DA, far better to use WL and prisms on turn 1
    understood and generally agreed with but using the warp spiders to pop rear armor should still remain an option. Now that I think about it maybe the spiders should get withdraw instead of Surprise assualt and act as mob control / counter charge to help the DA out.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much experience with Eldar yet, but I agree. Deep Striking is risky, especially without teleport homers like Marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

the point is not the risk, the point is that you are trying to deal with things like basilisks with troops in reserves, they are probably not going to be there fore the first 2 turns half the time, and by the time they get into possition, mostly it will be turn 3, by then he can have put three wapping great holes in your army

+ Reply to Thread