[500] Kroot Mercs [Friendly] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[500] Kroot Mercs [Friendly]

Hello!

This week I'll be getting my hands on my first box of Carnivores, and while I know that's not even enough for the barebones minimum of 1 HQ + 2 Troops, I figure maybe I can get one of my buddies to "hire" me into one of their battles ;) Anyway, I've put together a spreadsheet to calculate out point values and such, and here is what I'm thinking about using with my first 500-point block. Please let me know what you think about it, and if you have some suggestions (barring anything with wings), please let me know!

---

1 HQ
    67 points: Master Shaper + Hounds (2), Power Weapon, Slugga, Frag Grenades

2 Troops
    166 points: Carnivore Kindred (14) + Shaper, Eviscerator

1 Heavy Support
    101 points: Hunter Kindred (9) + Shaper

Total points: 500
    Total models: 43

---

I'd like to field more Hounds but they're so expensive, I just don't see myself getting a large number of them in the near future. Also, do you think the Eviscerators are a bad idea for a 500-point battle? Maybe the +6 Kroot Carnivores would be better?

Thanks!
    ~sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by skyfish View Post
    Hello!

This week I'll be getting my hands on my first box of Carnivores, and while I know that's not even enough for the barebones minimum of 1 HQ + 2 Troops, I figure maybe I can get one of my buddies to "hire" me into one of their battles Anyway, I've put together a spreadsheet to calculate out point values and such, and here is what I'm thinking about using with my first 500-point block. Please let me know what you think about it, and if you have some suggestions (barring anything with wings), please let me know!

---

1 HQ
    67 points: Master Shaper + Hounds (2), Power Weapon, Slugga, Frag Grenades

2 Troops

1 Heavy Support
    101 points: Hunter Kindred (9) + Shaper

Total points: 500
    Total models: 43

---

I'd like to field more Hounds but they're so expensive, I just don't see myself getting a large number of them in the near future. Also, do you think the Eviscerators are a bad idea for a 500-point battle? Maybe the +6 Kroot Carnivores would be better?

Thanks!
    ~sky
    Hmmm, lets see, kroot hounds are great, id have a fair few of them, depending on the points limit. Your list looks good how it is. Eviscerators are good, id keep them there, in 500 points, you could come across a tank or two. I love the sniper support, good job, in 500 points i think theyll be very useful, make sure you have them in cover, remember, kroot can see further through jungle then other armies. What evolution adaption will you play ur army? Or none at all? Think about giving your Master shaper the hyperactive adaption when the total points and your army increases. Overall good list my friend :yes:
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The only thing I suggest to to find points for a kroot hawktotem.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses!

I'd love a hound pack, but at this time I can't afford to purchase enough models to effectively replace a carnivore squad. Eventually I expect to field a hound pack and kindred; not only are they great units to have in the game, I also love the concept. (Also, I'd give them HNO and complement that with a faster Master!)

I won't be using the special evolutionary adaptations, instead using the points for an extra handful of carnivores. I might try out a variation with SEA just to see how well it works, though. Of course, a lot of the SEA are very context-sensitive, so a trial run might not be an accurate gauge of usefulness.

As for the Kroothawk Totem, does it warrant losing three carnivores? The re-roll for turn order could be nice, but putting 25 points into sheer luck seems a little dodgy. Have you found it to be a life-saver, or more of a handy bonus?

Thanks again for the replies. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a new post in the Mercs forum, and very glad to see that it was to this thread!

~sky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The Kroot hawk totem my not be needed in this list, but in larger lists ones with hounds etc. You will want it, with first turn chargers you need to get first turn. They will not like having to sit and be shot at! Many will die.

As far as being a life saver to me, no it hasn't, but I have only played one battle with straight kroot. It was a huge battle that we never finished and not one of the early rolls worked for me, I had a night mare doll for re-rolling table edge it failed, and with both of my turn rolls I rolled 1's pissed me off, and than I had to roll for infiltrating thanks to space wolf wargear(

You will find the kroot board to be quite livily for each new topic. We are all closet kroot players{goofy}
    Prey they don't take you alive

+ Reply to Thread