First post on a new forum and i spam you for advise on a 1500 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First post on a new forum and i spam you for advise on a 1500 point list

Right, hello everyone on the forum this is essentially my first post on this forum as i don't seem to get much feedback on the army specific boards i am looking for some wisdom from this boards infinite greatness.

This is potentially going to be my new army for 40k, dam necrons took me a bloody age to paint 15 destroyers. After my GK's i am going with the complete opposite to them, aka a hoard army and nids fit that bill.

Anyway on with the list its extremely simple with very few upgrades.

Hive Tyrant
    Wings
    x2 Scything Talons

I want to fit a warp feild on him, but i am moving towards the idea of just letting him die.

12 Flesh borer gaunts 70
    12 Flesh borer gaunts 70

Meat sheilds (but the enemy will probably ignore them) they are tie up units, gunners etc

15 Hormagaunts 150
    14 Hormagaunts 150

Fast killy gaunts great for getting there fast a doing what they are supposed to do sheild the rest of the army, make one or two kills.

9 Genestealers 144
    9 Genestealers 144

The second wave of the army, aka the killy part. Im very worried about them getting gunned down. I would love extended carpace. But somehow it doesn't seem worth it

2 Ravenors 80
    1 Red Terror 105

Don't know why i put the red terror in their, would two normal ravenors be better? Probably but how many red terrors do you see around these days? Obviously the hitty part of my fisrt wave.

Trygon 290

Will probably start on the board (What about the great tuneling rule?) If its off the board it gives less targets to shoot at, and anyway this bad boy is going to be in combat on turn 2 anyway so why does it matter?

3 Zoanathropes 3x Warp Blast 1x Synapse

The extra synapse that im going to need once the tyrant kicks it. Oh and handy warp blast for those annoying beasties.

1500 points.

So as you can see possibly the strangest list you will ever come across for nids. I am reluctent to remove the trygon, as i love the model. Yet the rest of the army is lacking ompf its not a swarm and as much as i want it to be based on speed i have the feeling its going to fall short. Its only going to take a general so long to stop firing at the trygon and aim some of its lovely weapons at my stealers.

The list fluff wise is based on a ravenor fast strike army. I am trying to stay away from the norm and not have any fex's (not that they would fit in anyway).

So any advice?

Last edited by Eldrad36; June 11th, 2007 at 21:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

9 Genestealers 144
    9 Genestealers 144
    I suggest dropping a few gaunts to put extended carapaces on these guys.

I'm not sure of the rules on the trygon so not sure if that really is fieldable or what not.

12 Flesh borer gaunts 70
    12 Flesh borer gaunts 70
    If these guys are just a meat shield then I suggest just making them spinegaunts, save yourself some points.

Hive Tyrant
    Wings
    x2 Scything Talons
    Put a warp field on him you don't want him to die, most of your army relies on synapse if your forward synapse dies all those gaunts are screwed over. Additionally if he dies then your gaunts are very likely to break after an assault phase.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

+ Reply to Thread