2000pt Balanced list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

2000pt Balanced list

Well here is my competive list that I will probally be running for tournaments from now on. Espically since I got 2nd in the last one though if anyone has a little bit of advice to change a few things (or maybe a big thing).

HQ-Hive Tyrant-Enhanced senses,flesh hooks,toxin sacs,winged, 2 TL-dev,warp field=200
    HQ-Broodlord-Flesh hooks, toxin sacs=83
    Retinue-Genestealers-5-Extended carpace, flesh hooks=105

Elite-Warriors-3-Enhanced senses,extended carpace, toxin sacs,2 deathspitters,1 venom cannon,3 scything talon=118
    Elite-Lictors-2=160
    Elite-Carnifex-Enhanced senses,flesh hooks,2 TL-dev=114

Troop-Genestealer-7-Flesh hooks=119
    Troop-Gaunt-18-Fleshborer=108
    Troop-Gaunt-13-Spinefist=65
    Troop-Gaunt-12-Spinefist=60

Fast Attack-Ravener-1-Scything talons & Rend claws=40

Heavy Support-Zoanthropes-3-Synapse,warp blast=195
    Heavy Support-Carnifex-Enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, barbed strangler, venom cannon=163
    Heavy Support-Carnifex-Enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, barbed strangler, venom cannon=163

Total=2000

Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Relying on the horde of gaunts to screen the Genestealers so that they make it to combat alive? What happens if they don't kill enough models to make back there points first round of combat and they all die before the second round? Take a guess what I'm hinting at... the warriors got them why shouldn't the stealers?
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Ya well I don't even know why I give the warriors EC to tell you the truth. Really for me its just that I cannot make a 4+ save on my stealers to save my life (as in its more of a luck based thing for me or that it works for some people but doesn't at all for me). Also the stealers are expendable as I usually lost a lot of them but the raveners do take the spot quite nicely.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

So whats the strong suit of the list thats going to win it for you going to be? Are you counting on the TMCs to win it for you while the gaunts cause a distraction or is it the other way around?
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ-Hive Tyrant-Enhanced senses,flesh hooks,toxin sacs,winged, 2 TL-dev,warp field=200
    Not bad.

HQ-Broodlord-Flesh hooks, toxin sacs=83
    Retinue-Genestealers-5-Extended carpace, flesh hooks=105
    If your infiltrating these guys forward, the unit is going to get destroyed fairly quickly. One Heavy Flamer shot and this unit is toast. I'd drop it and take a walking Hive Tyrant. You'll lose your ability to infiltrate some synapse but the Tyrant will last longer. When I take a Broodlord, I usually stick him behind my shooty fexes as a Synapse/CC support unit. That's the only way I'd use him in most games.

Elite-Warriors-3-Enhanced senses,extended carpace, toxin sacs,2 deathspitters,1 venom cannon,3 scything talon=118
    Good.

Elite-Lictors-2=160
    As much as I like this model, they just never seem to get their points back. I'd drop them and give the walking Hive Tyrant I mentioned earlier a couple of Tyrant Guard.

Elite-Carnifex-Enhanced senses,flesh hooks,2 TL-dev=114
    I love these guys.

Troop-Gaunt-13-Spinefist=65
    Troop-Gaunt-12-Spinefist=60
    Good.

Perfect.

Heavy Support-Zoanthropes-3-Synapse,warp blast=195
    Perfect.

Good.

All in all, a nice list.
    4,000 + Points of Tyranids
    1,800 + Points of Imperial Guard
    1,600 + Points of Eldar
    ?,??? + Points of Witch Hunters (Just Started)

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.""
    - Dave Barry

<-- If you thought this post was helpful, please click the yellow star.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    So whats the strong suit of the list thats going to win it for you going to be? Are you counting on the TMCs to win it for you while the gaunts cause a distraction or is it the other way around?
    Well skulls really any part of the list can be strong against certain oppenents. Which is why I like this list as it can step up to the challenge and be flexible. If you fire at only the stealers then they have a mass of gaunts on them or if they fire at the TMC then they have the stealers and raveners to worry about. Also good use of terrain can make them fire at the only targets available.

Also ImaFraud I have contemplated using a second walking HT though the one problem that I'm worried about is escalation games. That is also the reason why I have the two lictors for the rerolls on reserves also I have very good luck with these guys and they do fairly well. Also the broodlord is very good for the forward synapse espically in escalation matches.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread