Crisis Heavy 2,000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Crisis Heavy 2,000pts

Kau置i Shas丹 Au探aal Hy誕l (The company of commander Hy誕l of the Au探aal sept)

Tau General Purpose List - 1,999points

HQ

Shas丹 Hy誕l: VX8 Battlesuit, Shield Generator, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker, Stimulant Injector, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle [142pts]

ELITES

Shas置i Team Leader: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker, Bonding Knife - 78pts
    Shas置i: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker - 68pts
    Shas置i: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Burst Cannon, Multi-Tracker - 56pts

Crisis Team 2 [202pts]
    Shas置i Team Leader: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker, Bonding Knife - 78pts

Crisis Team 3 [178pts] <Deep Strike somtimes>
    Shas置i Team Leader: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Burst Cannon, Multi-Tracker, Bonding Knife - 66pts

TROOPS

Fire Warrior Team 1: 11 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Markerlight, Pulse Rifle [150pts]

Fire Warrior Team 2: 11 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Markerlight, Pulse Rifle [150pts]

Fire Warrior Team 3: 11 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Markerlight, Pulse Rifle [150pts]

HEAVY

Broadside Team 1 [275pts]
    Shas置i Team Leader: Hard-wired Drone Controller & 2 Shield Drones, Bonding Knife, Hard-wired Target Lock, Hard-wired Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Twin-Link Railgun, Smart Missile System - 125pts
    Shas置i: Multi-Tracker, Twin-Link Railgun, Smart Missile System - 75pts

Broadside Team 2 [275pts]
    Shas置i Team Leader: Hard-wired Drone Controller & 2 Shield Drones, Bonding Knife, Hard-wired Target Lock, Hard-wired Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array, Twin-Link Railgun, Smart Missile System - 125pts

Broadside Team 3 [275pts]

Bit of a different take from most lists I see.

A variant on my standard list replaces Crisis Team 2 and some Fire Warriors with:
    Shas丹: Shield Generator, Target Lock, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Plasma Rifle
    + Shas致re Bodyguard: Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Twin Link Fusion Blaster, Targeting Array
    + Shas致re Bodyguard: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Targeting Array
    This team almost always Deep Strikes

I'd certainly appreciate some feedback before I finish building this list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as a quick starting point I would say eliminate every single burst cannon that you have on a crisis suit. If you want burst cannons, go stealths, they are cheaper and have stealth fields and infiltrate.

Also, you should put Advanced Stabelization Systems (ASS) on your broadsides. This way you can start 'em behind cover and then move out of it. You do not want your broadsides to be the only target when it is you enemies turn.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heya...

I look at this... And two things pop to mind... Illegal and Good on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ramon View Post
    HQ

Shas丹 Hy誕l: VX8 Battlesuit, Shield Generator, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker, Stimulant Injector, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle [142pts]
    Ok, common mistake. You dont need a Shiled Gen unless your getting shot at! Hide him behind another unit? And if you drop him to a 'el and take a Targeting Array insted of the Shield Gen you save alot of points.

ELITES

Illegal No 1. 3 hard points per suit. Twin Linked Missile Pod counts as 2 points. Also, it tends to be a good idea to group weapon types. Also, as someone else has already pointed out, Burst cannons are the role of Stealth Suits. Tau have enough Anti Infantry guns, what Battle Suits are for is anti MEQ and the like. Try a team of "Death Rain" Pattern suits? (Twin Linked Missile Pod's and Targeting Arrays, and Target Lock on team leader) for some fun, and "Fire Knife" Pattern Suits (Plasma Rifle and Missile Pod, with either Multi Trackers or Targeting Arrays) for more effect.

Crisis Team 2 [202pts]

Shas置i Team Leader: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Burst Cannon, Multi-Tracker, Bonding Knife - 66pts
    See Above

TROOPS

Fire Warrior Team 1: 11 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Markerlight, Pulse Rifle [150pts]

Fire Warrior Team 2: 11 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Markerlight, Pulse Rifle [150pts]

Fire Warrior Team 3: 11 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Markerlight, Pulse Rifle [150pts]
    Not Bad, But perhaps a Hard-Wired Target Lock as well? Enables you to mark a separate target to increase fire potential.

HEAVY

Good on paper. But Multi Trackers arn't worth it on Broadsides (that i have found). Shooting Railguns into whats getting close? Over kill. Take Advanced Stabelization Systems or even leave them without upgrades to increase there potential.

Bit of a different take from most lists I see.

A variant on my standard list replaces Crisis Team 2 and some Fire Warriors with:
    Shas丹: Shield Generator, Target Lock, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Plasma Rifle
    + Shas致re Bodyguard: Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Twin Link Fusion Blaster, Targeting Array
    + Shas致re Bodyguard: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Targeting Array
    This team almost always Deep Strikes

I'd certainly appreciate some feedback before I finish building this list.
    Dont do this... Ever... Please... Anti Infantry, anti tank, all shooting at the same target? AND its illegal...

Ok, so in closing, "most lists" are like they are for a reason. They work, well. Any army with indirect fire (Basilisk, Whirlwind) is going to hurt you... You have no mobile tank hunters at the moment. Also, a "Fast" army (Raven wing, or even Nids) are going to hurt you... Big time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess it would be handy if there is said what's the problem instead of simple stating it's illegal

the multitracker , in the elites section, if taken hardwired, is no problem.

under the substitute for crisis team 2, in the bodyguards there are to many weapons and or support systems taken., there is a limit of 3 and twinlinked count as 2 and some systems can't be taken as hardwired.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Hey there, let me throw in my few cents worth.

HQ

As stated above, you can drop this guy back to a Shas'El with MP, PR, TA and HWMT for 97 pts. You still get the same efficiency in shooting, IC rules mean that the Sheild gen isn't going to get used if you position your HQ effectively and you save 45pts (FORTY FIVE POINTS!!!)

ELITES

I think your points might be off a little on these guys actually. Double check those points.

Three weapon systems are too much. It means you can't have the multi-tracker as well, so therefore you can only shoot one weapon system per turn.
    Keep the twin-linked Missile pods and give them a TA. Increased BS and a re-roll means these guys are going to hit what they shoot at, plus the long range from the Missile pod means you can stay at distance and put out a world of hurt on enemy transports/light tanks/dreadnaughts etc. Give the Team leader a HWTL as well and then you split fire between 2 different units or tanks.

Crisis Team 2 [202pts]
    With this unit I would reccomend dropping a Missile pod off each unit. Also give all the guys the same weaponry. If you are shooting at a squad of marines, the two plasma rifles will demolish them, but the burst cannon is not as effective. In the same light, a burst cannon will take down light infantry but the plasma rifles don't have the same volume of shots.

Give them all MP, PR and MT's. This way they get 2 shots at 36", 3 shots at 24" and 4 shots at rapid fire range. This unit will be your main heavy infantry killing unit. Give the team leader a TA and HWMT to increase his BS.

I realise you are trying to get as many XV8's in as possible, but if you want BC's for the same amount of points (effectively) you can take 6 stealths. That means 6 BC's and more wounds.

If you want to take crisis suits, then drop the BC's and take Plasma rifles instead. Again drop the twin linking to allow you to take a third support system.

TROOPS

These units are going to be Markerlight support more than anything else. Due to their lack of mobility (no transport and a heavy weapon in each squad) you have to make sure they are positioned really well early on.

Consider two things.

1. If you give your Shas'ui a HW Target Lock instead of the multi tracker, then you can shoot the markerlight at a heavy tank (a monolith or land raider for example) that your broadsides can then take down, and you don't have to waste the 11 pulse rifle shots at something they have no chance to kill.

2. For 145 points you can take a 6 man Squad with a Shas'ui w/ Markerlight HWTL HWDrone Controller and two Marker drones. This gives you three markerlights in the squad. You could drop one squad down to this size and it would give you alittle more markerlight support (which is never a bad thing).

HEAVY

That is a LOT of Broadsides.
    Drop the Multi tracker off all these guys and take TA's instead. The benefit of the improved BS will make them so much more efficient and deadly. Nothing is worse that shooting three railguns at something and not hitting anything.

Have fun

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vindicator View Post
    i guess it would be handy if there is said what's the problem instead of simple stating it's illegal

the multitracker , in the elites section, if taken hardwired, is no problem.

under the substitute for crisis team 2, in the bodyguards there are to many weapons and or support systems taken., there is a limit of 3 and twinlinked count as 2 and some systems can't be taken as hardwired.
    *looks at his post*

I DID point out the reason if you actually read it. And then you said what i said. And unless they are a team leader they are not able to take Hardwired upgrades.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Thanks guys, I misunderstood/misread the system count for the Twin Linked weapons. Removing the Burst Cannons is the obvious choice, and free up quite a few points.

The reason for so many Suits, is that I prefer them over many of the other units. I decided not to go Mech as I have plenty of vehicles in other armies I play. I like the Jet Pack concept of the suits.

All your advice looks constructive. I'll rework the necessary cock-ups etc, and post back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Having read carefully through all the replies, and decided that it was all damn good advice, here's the rebuild ...

HQ

Shas弾l Hy誕l: VX8 Battlesuit, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker [97pts]

ELITES

Crisis Team 1 [193pts]
    Shas置i Team Leader: Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Hard-wired Multi-Tracker, Bonding Knife - 87pts
    Shas置i: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array - 53pts

Crisis Team 2 [193pts]
    Shas置i Team Leader: Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Bonding Knife - 87pts

Crisis Team 3 [193pts]
    Shas置i Team Leader: Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Bonding Knife - 87pts

TROOPS

Fire Warrior Team 1: 9 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Markerlight, Pulse Rifle [130pts]

Fire Warrior Team 2: 9 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Markerlight and Pulse Rifle [130pts]

Fire Warrior Team 3: 9 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Markerlight and Pulse Rifle [130pts]

Fire Warrior Team 4: 9 Shas値a w/Pulse Rifle, 1 Shas置i w/Bonding Knife [115pts]

HEAVY

I will try out the Broadside with Advanced Stabalization Systems instead of Multi-Trackers.

Thanks again

Lord Ramon
    Last edited by Lord Ramon; June 27th, 2007 at 08:55.

+ Reply to Thread