June 26th, Tourney of 1750, suggestions very welcome - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

June 26th, Tourney of 1750, suggestions very welcome

Lately I have been preparing for a 1750 tournament at my local GW on 26th of June, I had 2 lists prepared for it but after careful analyzation I came to a conclusion that both are extremely picky in kinds of situations where they could be of greatest strength, and weakness. So I sat down last night and made up a new one, a more "overall" version for countering almost any foe. Unlike previous two lists, this one doesnt include a WWP.

HQ (13(195)

Archon – Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Trophy Rack, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol
    5 Incubi – Plasma Grenades
    Raider – Horrofex

ELITE (243)(243)

Wych Succubus – Agoniser, Trophy Rack, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades
    9 Wyches – Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades, 2 Blasters
    Raider – Horrorfex

Raider – Horrorfex

TROOPS (183)(183)(100)(100)(100)

Sybarite – Agoniser
    9 Warriors – Splinter Cannon, Blaster
    Raider – Horrorfex
    Sybarite – Agoniser
    9 Warriors – Splinter Cannon, Blaster
    Raider – Horrorfex
    10 Warriors – 2 Dark Lances

HEAVY SUPPORT (120)(120)

Ravager – 3 Disintegrators
    Ravager – 3 Disintegrators

TOTAL: 1725, still considering the left over 25 pts.

Strategy is going to vary with every game, but warriors are the solid firebase and raider squads are more of flank supporting units that do the pinning. Incubi and wyches are obvious (Raiders do the pinning), while ravagers mowe down infantry as it advances towards my line. Any suggestions for improvements are welcome...

EDIT: In detail, the raider squads are there to provide light cover fire and most importantly pinning while the wyches and retinue get into position. I wont be too agresive with the elites and hQ since rushing them into the center of swarming melee is an effective way of getting overun and killed, instead I will be trying to hit the flanks of my opponent while at the same time let the transports pin the large infatnry units in the center, which will be under constant bombardment by the ravagers. Sybarites in raiders are just something extra to help them in assault, in cases when an eldar player gets excited that his wraithlord finaly got in range and charged the unit, I will have a nasty little surprise for him in CC. I also considered ravager nightshields, but with 36" blast disie shots, I dont hink not having them will proove to be too big of a problem.

With left over points, I was considering just leaving one ravager with lances, while giving the other a nightshield so it can hit 24" infatry with sustained fire while being at safe distance. At the same time, switching 2 lances for splinter cannons and 2 blasters on one of the sniper squads. This way I have a mobile 10 man light infantry killing unit, and a mobile lance ravager to snipe big targets.

Last edited by WraithGuardian; June 25th, 2007 at 19:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Tormentor Helm not required.

Hi,
    dump the Tormentor helm as its doing nothing, your extra attack is already being accomplished by your cheaper Splinter Pistol that can be used as a close combat weapon. This gives you 25 pts to play with instead and could be used for 3 extra warriors.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Yeah, a lot of people seem to think that using a tormentor helm grants you another additional attack, which it doesn't. It's the same as having 2 weapons, so pretty much it just helps you in cases when you otherwise couldn't use 2 weapons together, like with a two handed weapon like a punisher or hellglaive, or on a bike where you can only use a single one handed weapon (go dark eldar!).

With your 25 points, free 15 more (drop 2 warriors or something) so you can afford a 40 point dracon (base cost plus poisoned blades). Stick this dracon with the incubi, send the archon off with wyches or whatnot. Trust me on this, it works *much* better this way.
    Last edited by Tenozuma; June 25th, 2007 at 12:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian View Post

ELITE (143)(143)

Raider – Horrorfex

Raider – Horrorfex
    points cost isn't adding up here.
    did someone forget to add the cost of raiders???

otherwise as wicky and teno said lose that T.H. doesn't give the extra attack.
    Id take out a lance squad and give 2 of your raiders dizzies.This should give you the points you need for those raiders with your wyches, with some small editing.
    Way too many lances.
    Yeah lances are great but how many tank's above armour value 10 are you expecting?
    dizzies are great for transport and high Toughness targets too, epsecially if the vehicle is open topped. Not to mention making mince meat outta any squads that are a threat.
    I love them for killing heavy weapon squads. Magick!!!

the dracon idea is nice. cheap but effective that 2+ to wound is really handy.
    great army, very lance heavy though.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Minus a sniper squad = 100 free
    Plus 2 dissies and 2 raiders = = 120 more points

So he'd need to free 20 more points if he were to do that. Maybe from dropping blasters on wyches. Wyches usually fleet anyway. But just because he didn't include the raiders' points into the wyches costs doesn't mean he didn't include them in the total sum, so he might well be fine. I think having that many lances is good as one always has to be on the safe side in a tournament, you never know what is coming and mech armies are very popular these days. Mech Tau, Mech Eldar, tank heavy Guard etc... Dissies (abbrev of disintegrators... so not dizzies) are great and all but when you've got 6 on ravagers, you don't need much more. As I said before, much better to be safe than sorry.

Dark Eldar player.

Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenozuma View Post
    Minus a sniper squad = 100 free
    Plus 2 dissies and 2 raiders = = 120 more points

So he'd need to free 20 more points if he were to do that. Maybe from dropping blasters on wyches. Wyches usually fleet anyway. But just because he didn't include the raiders' points into the wyches costs doesn't mean he didn't include them in the total sum, so he might well be fine. I think having that many lances is good as one always has to be on the safe side in a tournament, you never know what is coming and mech armies are very popular these days. Mech Tau, Mech Eldar, tank heavy Guard etc... Dissies (abbrev of disintegrators... so not dizzies) are great and all but when you've got 6 on ravagers, you don't need much more. As I said before, much better to be safe than sorry.
    no no no, the points were simply copied wrong from WORD. The total is still what it is. Everything on the list is correctly added, its just my fault for not knowing how to copy correctly
    Last edited by WraithGuardian; June 25th, 2007 at 19:56.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenozuma View Post
    Yeah, a lot of people seem to think that using a tormentor helm grants you another additional attack, which it doesn't. It's the same as having 2 weapons, so pretty much it just helps you in cases when you otherwise couldn't use 2 weapons together, like with a two handed weapon like a punisher or hellglaive, or on a bike where you can only use a single one handed weapon (go dark eldar!).

With your 25 points, free 15 more (drop 2 warriors or something) so you can afford a 40 point dracon (base cost plus poisoned blades). Stick this dracon with the incubi, send the archon off with wyches or whatnot. Trust me on this, it works *much* better this way.
    Nice idea about the Drachon being with the Incubi and Archon being a lone wolf, very flexible tactics.
    Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1 View Post
    Nice idea about the Drachon being with the Incubi and Archon being a lone wolf, very flexible tactics.
    Cheers.
    I dont think he means lone wolf, I think he means stick him with wyches to increase the squad's killing potential. Might be a good idea, if I would ever need to, I could just move out of coherence in the movement phase and assault two different things at once. But I dont think ICs can claim table quarters can they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

IC's can't claim table quarters, but going with the wyches is really just for a ride in a raider, they can disembark and he can detach and charge someone else, with the 12" charge if necessary, or, as previously mentioned, he can go with the wyches for a squad that is both awesome in CC defense and now attack also.

I'm glad your point sums are correct, as I thought might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenozuma
    but just because he didn't include the raiders' points into the wyches costs doesn't mean he didn't include them in the total sum, so he might well be fine.
    Good list, and good luck with your tournament!

Dark Eldar player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Well, today is the big day. Good luck to me. I took all suggestions into account and for the reference, the event is 3 games with one final if I manage to win all 3. Most of the players are playing MEQs-necrons, chaos, SMs and I think maybe one or two Tau and eldar players. I tried to customize the list to the best potential of countering MEQ units so with a little luck, I should have some success later today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast