Eldar VS Guard need some tips - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar VS Guard need some tips

Hey everyone, im just starting eldar and a few of my freinds and a few people at my local GW colect Guard. Now i havent faught them yet but Im just after any tips. this is the list i use. Now i dont like making a list just to fight one army, but anyminor wargear or euipment changes would be acceptable. Any tips or Tactics to use would be helpful, thanks.

Farseer
    Doom =80pts

Striking Scorpions

6x Scorpions
    Exarch
    Shadow Strike = 128pts

Guardians

10x guardians
    Scatter Laser =95pts

Dire Avengers

9x avengers
    1xExarch: Blade storm, dual avenger catapults =152pts

Wave serpent
    TL Star cannons
    Shuriken Cannons
    Spirit stones = 145pts

Fire Prism

Holo fields = 150pts

Total = 750pts

Sorry if this should be in the Eldar Army list section

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

it should be with the army lists and I am sure one of the mods will move it there.

against guard it looks pretty decent. My one point would be to switch out the star cannons on the serpent for maybe scatter lasers or shuriken cannons and get the prims spirit stones with the left over points, otherwise great!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Are they tank heavy or infantry heavy? That makes a HUGE difference in fighting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At a 750 point list they have to go infantry heavy, just the base 2 troop choices cost...
    160 just for a platoon of 25 without any weapon upgrades, and 140 min for another transport.... along with a command platoon at least costing 55... thats 355 of his 750 points, and if he is running just bare minimum guardsmen you should just be able to roll over them, give the guy a helpful hint and say include a heavy weapon and assault weapon whenever possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icydevarosp View Post
    At a 750 point list they have to go infantry heavy, just the base 2 troop choices cost...
    160 just for a platoon of 25 without any weapon upgrades, and 140 min for another transport.... along with a command platoon at least costing 55... thats 355 of his 750 points, and if he is running just bare minimum guardsmen you should just be able to roll over them, give the guy a helpful hint and say include a heavy weapon and assault weapon whenever possible.
    You never know, with 395 points left over he could field 3 tanks and have points to spare. Not a lot of vehicle upgrades on them at this points level but it's definatley doable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend has a Chimera w/armoured fist squad, Leman Russ and Hellhound. And im sure the others look like that, give or take the chimera and/or the hellhound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK based on assumption, one inf platoon, one AF squad, one command platoon, with ? fire support, a hellhound and a leman Russ:

Farseer
    Doom =80pts
    Whatr is he expecting to Doom? who deos he go with? the DA is probably the best bet but be nice to be sure, a spear would be good, 3 points to kill a tank
    Striking Scorpions
    6x Scorpions
    Exarch
    Shadow Strike = 128pts
    Squad needs to be bigger (ideally 10) and exarch could use power fist or biting blade, also stalker would be useful to avoid getting shot up
    Guardians

10x guardians
    Scatter Laser =95pts
    weak, could realy use a warlock with conceal, infantry wil gang up on, even against none IG these have lost favour in eldar armies, whilst I would still take storm guardians, I think if you ar going the guardian route you need multiple squad
    Dire Avengers

9x avengers
    1xExarch: Blade storm, dual avenger catapults =152pts

Wave serpent
    TL Star cannons
    Shuriken Cannons
    Spirit stones = 145pts
    reasonable, I would prefer shuriken cannon all round as more shots, cheaper and will eat IG
    Fire Prism
    Holo fields = 150pts
    Needs spirit stones

Overall, you are going to struggle

His infantry can outshoot your guardians, his AF squad vs your DA is in your favour but it could go the other way,
    the Russ vs Prism, again, you have the edge, but he can also take down your tank with infantry or his chimera, not a luxury you have
    you then have scorps, which are underpowered currently and run the risk of getting caught in the open
    he had hell hound, which will eat most of your army

So in principle it isnt good, i would be tempted to seiously revamp, but then that would put it more like my own army which has a very cute tendancy to shoot the living daylights out of IG, perhaps you could list the models you have and we can suggest changes?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Why is conceal always so essential?!

There is regular cover on the board, often better than your psychic smoke. Surely embolden or no warlock at all would be better?

40 points just seems an awful lot to be able to stay in the open to me. You could pimp out a tank for that.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

not always essentail, but in a shooting contest, 3+ heavy weapons from the IG infantry and 3+ special weapons will be doing the damage, all ignoring armour
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

But surely you just sit the guardians in regular cover???
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast