1000 pts HOH Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts HOH Tourney List

Hi all,

I will be participating in an upcoming Hall of Heroes Tournament with my Eldar for the first time and any advice on the list below would be appreciated.

Farseer
    Spirit Stone
    Doom
    Guide

Guardians X10
    Scatter Laser

Dire Avengers X10
    Exarch
    Twin Shuricat
    Bladestorm

Banshees X6
    Exarch
    Executioner

Fire Dragons X6

Dark Reapers X5
    Exarch
    EML
    Fast Shot

Falcon (dragons in here...I am sorry Cheredanine!)
    Star Cannon
    Shuri Cannon
    Spirit Stones
    Holofield

Total 993

I have a few points leftover and I was going to give Banshees one of their upgrades either Warshout or Arcobatics (both are pretty useless but what are you going to do with seven points). I am still considering switching the Banshees out for a Wraithlord with a Wraithsword and an EML.

The list is lacking in Close Combat ability but it is hard to sqeeze every element in a 1000 point game.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kicker View Post
    Hi all,

I will be participating in an upcoming Hall of Heroes Tournament with my Eldar for the first time and any advice on the list below would be appreciated.

Farseer
    Spirit Stone
    Doom
    Guide
    What are you expecting to guide? what are you expecting to doom? seems rather arbitrary without the more traditional targets for guide (war walkers), I assume he will hang near the DA and help them out, not sold that they need guide and dropping it and the stones would free up points
    Guardians X10
    Scatter Laser
    less than impressive, could really use a warlock but basicaly as they stand, simply a distraction
    Dire Avengers X10
    Exarch
    Twin Shuricat
    Bladestorm
    Good, issues with range against more static shooty armies though without transport (which you would struggle to fit in 1000 points)
    Banshees X6
    Exarch
    Executioner

Fire Dragons X6
    one of these 2 is going in the falcon right? the other one is dead weight, figure which one you want to go in the tank and then ditch the other squad, also read the comment on the falcon
    Dark Reapers X5
    Exarch
    EML
    Fast Shot
    prefer tempest on the exarch, more damage
    Falcon (dragons in here...I am sorry Cheredanine!)
    Star Cannon
    Shuri Cannon
    Spirit Stones
    Holofield
    ignoring my dislike of that,. this leaves your banshees in the open - would ditch them, however as it stands, the falcon is the only viable target for heavy weapons in your army, I woudl expect anything str6 or higher to be shooting at it, it wont last long, you either need more tanks or to remove it
    Total 993

I have a few points leftover and I was going to give Banshees one of their upgrades either Warshout or Arcobatics (both are pretty useless but what are you going to do with seven points). I am still considering switching the Banshees out for a Wraithlord with a Wraithsword and an EML.
    This latter move is best option, not only does it address the issue of the banshees getting caught in the open, but it also presents other targets for heavy weapons, do a degree aleviating that issue about one tank
    The list is lacking in Close Combat ability but it is hard to sqeeze every element in a 1000 point game.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    for a tourney dont try and squeeze everything in, if you want close combat go scorpions or harlequins, neither nees transports and so presents cheaper options

Good luck
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Cheredanine, I appreciate your candor.

The Farseer is there to guide the Reapers and doom their target. I know there is a range mismatch with that, but the effect is devastating.

I have had a hard time trying to determine a 2nd troop choice at 1k points. I also have another unit of 10 Avengers, 6 Pathfinders, 10 more guardians which i could use. Would you suggest I try to fit either the other unit of Avangers or the pathfinders in there instead of the guardians?

I will probably swtich the Banshees up for the Wraithlord, but I am unsure if he can provide a decent enough counter attack punch should I get assaulted.

Thanks again for your advice.
    Last edited by kicker; June 27th, 2007 at 21:19.

+ Reply to Thread