1500-I dont know?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500-I dont know??

Alrighty heres what I got.............

Fire Prism-205
    Prism Cannon + Shuriken Cannon + Holo-Field

War Walker=95
    2 Bright Lances

3 Jetbikes-76

6 Striking Scorpians-80

7 Dire Avengers-126

14 Storm Guardians + Warlock-173

5 Harlequins + Shadowseer-182

3 Support Weapons-75 i think
    Vibro Cannons

Thats all i have but i cant find a good strategy for my guys so if yall can help me that would be awesome

Last edited by AvEnGeD_DeAth; July 3rd, 2007 at 06:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay

This is okay but in my opinion, would one HQ honestly hold up a 1500 point army ?
    An avatar is a good leader but when he gets shot down(somehow:yes you're screwed.
    Well, thats my opinion anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well whats an HQ do thats so great anyways. I mean sure he looks cool and makes guys within 12" fearless, but why would I waste another 150-250 points on a guy that does only that????
    Last edited by AvEnGeD_DeAth; July 3rd, 2007 at 06:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

The bigger issue here is that you need to get some upgrades for those squads.

Fire Prism-205
    Prism Cannon + Shuriken Cannon + Holo-Field
    where are the spirit stones? I also have a funny feeling that this point value is off.

War Walker=95
    2 Bright Lances
    Not a fan of single shot weapons on BS3 models, walkers do much better with scatter lasers or shuriken cannons and they definitely do better in squadrons of 2-3 models.

3 Jetbikes-76
    I can see by the points cost that you forgot to include that they have the cannon upgrade, fine.

6 Striking Scorpians-80
    without an exarch with shadowstrike these are not even worth taking. They are much slower than the rest of your army due to the fact that they can't fleet, they need some way to get closer. The exarch would also benefit from either the biting blade or the scorpion claw. Also I believe this points cost should be 84...

7 Dire Avengers-126
    It looks like from the points cost you have listed that they have some upgrades but I have no idea what you gave them... care to shed a little light? The Dire Avengers tend to do better at maximum squad size, bump this squad up to 10.

14 Storm Guardians + Warlock-173
    do they have any special weapons? Does the warlock have a power? Where are all of the important details man?

5 Harlequins + Shadowseer-182
    How many kisses are here? again, details...

3 Support Weapons-75 i think
    Vibro Cannons
    Not a huge fan of support weapons but to each their own.

I may be able to help you if I new what each squad was equipped with but you seem to have left that info out. If you post it, I will see what I can do.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I totally forgot to post the other stuff and only posted the basics so here it is.....

6 Dire Avengers-72
    Exarch (Defend and Shimmershield)-54

5 Striking Scorpians-80
    Exarch (Chainsabres, Mandiblaster, Shadowstrike, and Stalker)-58

3 Jetbikes (With Shuriken Cannon)-76

3 Support Weapons (V-Cannon)-150

14 Storm Guardians-124
    Warlock (Enhance, and Singing Spear)-49

5 Harlequins (All have HK)-130
    Shadowseer (Veil of Tears)-52

Fire Prism (Energy Field, Spirit Stones, Star Engines, Holo-Field, and Vectored Engines, but I dont know what it does??:hmm:-205

1 War Walker (Bright lances, and Spirit Stones)-95

TOTAL-1300 Points

Im always getting beat by necrons and Imperial so if anyone has any good tactics for beating them help is appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

It looks like you have a good base but I think your problem is that you aren't focused enough.

6 Dire Avengers-72
    Exarch (Defend and Shimmershield)-54
    This unit should really be ten including the exarch and if they do not have bladestorm then I believe you are not using them to full potential.

5 Striking Scorpians-80
    Exarch (Chainsabres, Mandiblaster, Shadowstrike, and Stalker)-58
    6 man squads of harlies work well but the same cannot be said of scorpions. In anything over 1k points they should really be 8-10 men strong, otherwise they will easily be brought down by fire before they do what they are there for.

Also, chainsabres are the least used exarch weapon due to the fact that they do not give the exarch a strength boost. It really helps being able to hit at str 6+ in case you run into high T opponents or MCs.

14 Storm Guardians-124
    Warlock (Enhance, and Singing Spear)-49
    I suppose these work as a meat shield but if you are using them for that then I would just ditch the warlock altogether. Even with enhance these guys are not going to do much, they still wound MEQs on a 5+.

Fire Prism (Energy Field, Spirit Stones, Star Engines, Holo-Field, and Vectored Engines, but I dont know what it does??:hmm:-205
    only the wave serpent can have the energy field, is this a typo? Also, you do not need vectored engines or star angines on this. You want this thing to sit back at max range and take pot shots at his tanks / troops.

1 War Walker (Bright lances, and Spirit Stones)-95
    As I said above, warwalkers are not the best place for single shot weapons and they work better in squads of 2-3.

My overall advice is to drop the bikes and the extra upgrades off of the prism and make the changes to your units like I suggested. If you plan on going any higher than 1300, I would look into another prism so that you can lay down an AP3 template ( That will make you Necron friend wince) and get a few more warwalkers. I would also see if you can squeeze in a bare bones fortune seer to help keep the avatar alive.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'v never faced Imperial but with my experience with Necrons ( A real pain in the ass) you should have multiple weapons such as a scatter laser onto your war walkers. Or if you can get a Wraithlord onto the Necron squad with the lord, that way (s)he can't use his orb thingy to regenetater his guys. Imperial is in numberss so a single shot won't finish them but they could be put down easy with the scatter laser easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help guys. I'll definetly look into getting more guys when I get the cash. And Ill throw some scatter lasers in there some where. I like the Jetbikes because I talk about how good they are before the game and when they see how fast they're coming down the field they waste half the game trying to kill them and not anybody else. Hehehehehehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's acually very true and very funny to watch, my friend always goes after my farseer because he HATES Mindwar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    The bigger issue here is that you need to get some upgrades for those squads.

where are the spirit stones? I also have a funny feeling that this point value is off.

Not a fan of single shot weapons on BS3 models, walkers do much better with scatter lasers or shuriken cannons and they definitely do better in squadrons of 2-3 models.

I can see by the points cost that you forgot to include that they have the cannon upgrade, fine.

without an exarch with shadowstrike these are not even worth taking. They are much slower than the rest of your army due to the fact that they can't fleet, they need some way to get closer. The exarch would also benefit from either the biting blade or the scorpion claw. Also I believe this points cost should be 84...

It looks like from the points cost you have listed that they have some upgrades but I have no idea what you gave them... care to shed a little light? The Dire Avengers tend to do better at maximum squad size, bump this squad up to 10.

do they have any special weapons? Does the warlock have a power? Where are all of the important details man?

How many kisses are here? again, details...

Not a huge fan of support weapons but to each their own.

I may be able to help you if I new what each squad was equipped with but you seem to have left that info out. If you post it, I will see what I can do.

I agree and no exarch in a scorpions squad is going to make them useless and if they are not infiltrating at least mount them in a serpent/falcon

+ Reply to Thread