Mega Fluffy 1750 list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mega Fluffy 1750 list.

The craftworld lies in ruins her Eldar inhabitants all but annihilated, all but a handful of Seers, warlocks and the last two harlequin troupes remain. Working feverishly through the night they take every spirit stone they can scrounge and place them into one last desperate defense.... the Wraith guard army.

10 Wraith Guard, Warlock, Conceal, sprit seer 396
    10 Wraith Guard, Warlock, Conceal, sprit seer 396
    Far Seer Fortune 85
    Far Seer Fortune 85
    6 harleys, seer, kisses 162
    6 harleys, seer, kisses 162
    Wraith Lord BL / EML, double flamer 155
    Total 1751

Let me know what you guys think. The idea is to fortune the Guard, Zig Zag the Harleys and slog down the board. With fortune the guard will have re-rollable 3+ and 5+ invul saves to go along with T6, the harleys hang back relying on veil of tears and line of sight to stay out of shooty and counter CtC charges against the guard. The Wraith lords provide anti tank. I left spears off the seers and warlocks for points, given the weapons on the guard they are fairly pointless and the slightly better CtC of the default swords (1 extra attack) might be an asset.

I love the theme of this army and I have never seen it posted much less fielded, does anyone think it could stand a chance against a serious list?

Last edited by russellt; July 3rd, 2007 at 06:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I would put your harleys behind your WG, WG can absorb firepower/charge and harleys can dig them out of trouble also allows the harleys to get best effect from hit and run, just roll up the field at walking speed
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I always cringe seeing this many Wraithguard......not because I have something against Wraithguard,mind you. I just hate to think of how much 20 of them costs.

A cool army though. As Cher said,the harlies could be useful to bail the wraithguard out of trouble. If you can even get a couple rounds of shooting out of those wraithcannons,things will get pretty messy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

you really want to hack people off, if you weant your harleys to do something whilst waiting to bail out the WG, I think you may have found the only practical use for a death jester
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    you really want to hack people off, if you weant your harleys to do something whilst waiting to bail out the WG, I think you may have found the only practical use for a death jester

Interesting point,actually. A big problem for this list would be horde armies,so a cannon or two to thin them down a bit would make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revision.

I am getting serious about this army idea. Please crit this revision

1700 GT List
    Eldrad

Maugan Ra

10 Wraith Guard
    Warlock
    Spirit Seer
    Conceal

10 Wraith Guard
    Warlock
    Spirit Seer
    Conceal

Wraith Lord
    Eldar Missile Launcher
    Eldar Bright Lance

Wraith Lord
    Eldar Missile Launcher
    Eldar Bright Lance

Wraith Lord
    Eldar Missile Launcher
    Eldar Bright Lance

The advantage of Maugan Ra is four fold, first he helps thin swarms, second with 4 high initiative high str power attacks (5 on the charge) he is a very good counter HtH unit, third with the option of 5 high str rending ranged attacks he is fair at anti armor, fourth standing behind fortuned concealed wraith guard he is nigh unkillable.

Eldrad is a jem in this list, the ability to redeploy 2 units is fantastic when you consider there are only 5 units in the whole army. I can spread out across my deployment zone then at the last minute bring half my army to either side of the board to concentrate fire on my opponents weak flank.

Eldard can fortune both wraith gaurd squads and guide a lord at the same time every turn, His toughness is high enough that he can survive a perls of the warp attack even is his helm fails him. Lastly he is better in HtH than a farseer (though if it comes to that things are pretty darn desperate.)

Lastly I love the idea that there are only two non undying members of the entire army (the warlocks). The entire rest of the list is back from beyond the grave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

To be honest, I liked the first list so much better.

Eldrad is cool and all but when you think about it, the only power that is really useful off of him is Fortune. Guide is not needed due to the high BS of the models in your list, doom is not needed due to the high strength of your weapons, mind war and eldritch storm are usually not as useful on a foot slogging seer. The only benefit that you are really gaining would be the redeploy.

I love Maugan Ra, he is my favorite phoenix lord. That being said, I think you should drop him, sure he can thin out some hordes with a few shots a turn and he is decent at CC. Great, except for the fact that he is the only model in your list that is any good at CC.

I would go with your original list and just try to trim off the 50 points. Think about dropping one kiss per harley squad, give one WL an EML and shuriken cannon to help counter the hordes and save on points. Maybe drop one wraithlord down to just a bright lance...
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm

Though it pains me, you may be right about maugaun Ra. Eldrad stays however. I think the repositioning ability is vital, Also guide is more important than you think, yes the guard have bs4 but when almost every hit is a kill that means getting 2-3 more hits out of the squad = 2-3 more kills. The guard are too valuable not to use to full effect.

I can replace Maguan with 1 squad of 9 harleys with a seer and 9 kisses. (should make really short work of any HtH unit....) though it breaks my heart to lose him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Also guide is more important than you think, yes the guard have bs4 but when almost every hit is a kill that means getting 2-3 more hits out of the squad = 2-3 more kills. The guard are too valuable not to use to full effect.
    I actually had thought of this but then I realized that the guard only have a 12 inch range, so you wouldn't even use guide on the guard for the first few turns of the game, which to me is a waste.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mindwar is much more valuable than you think, considering that powerfists are a very real danger to this list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast