1500 point friendly list 'Revised' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

1500 point friendly list 'Revised'

Ok guys, ive taken all your advice into account, and re made the list. And here it is:

HQ

Shas'El Mont'Da Korst'La "Shadow Reaper"
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    HW Multitracker
    =97 points

Shas'El Sha Ray "Wind Walker"
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    Targetting Array
    HW Multitracker
    =97 points

ELITES

Crisis Squad
    1x Team leader with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targetting Array, HW Multitracker, HW Target Lock, Bonding Knife
    1x Shas'Ui with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multitracker
    =149 points

Crisis Squad
    1x Team leader with TL Fusion Blaster, Targetting Array, HW Target Lock, Bonding Knife
    1x Shasu'Ui with TL Fusion Blaster, Targetting Array
    =116 points

Crisis Squad
    1x Shas'Ui with TL Missile Pod, Targetting Array
    =53 points

TROOPS

Firewarrior Squad
    1x Shas'Ui with Bonding Knife
    11x Shas'La
    =135 points

Firewarrior Squad
    11x Shas'La
    =135 points

Firewarrior Squad
    11x Shas'La
    =135 points

FAST ATTACK

Pathfinder Squad
    3x Shas'La
    2x Shas'La with Rail Rifles
    Devilfish with Multitracker, Targetting Array, Decoy Launchers
    =207 points

Drone Squad
    8 Gun Drones
    =96 points

Drone Squad
    8 Gun Drones
    =96 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun, Smart Missile System, Target Lock, Multitracker, Decoy Launchers
    =180 points

Total Points = 1496

I think this list is much better than the last. Thanks for all your help, tell me what you think of my new list :yes:

Last edited by Shad0w_Reaper; July 6th, 2007 at 03:58.
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Looks really good mate, I like it. There are one or two things that I would change from this list - just to squeeze as much out of it as possible. They are by no means necessary though, I think this list will do well

Firstly, I like that you have taken lots of drones. I love the floaty-discs; they'll definitely come to great use in defending your forward suits from enemy fire. Cheap as chips as well, so you get target saturation for less than 200 points... bargain!

You don't need those bonding knives on the XV8 teams, so you could lose those. As well as this, I would lose the Rail Rifles on the Pathfinders - they never really do that much IMO. Finally, by dropping the SMS and TL on the hammerhead (give it BC instead), you save yourself even more points. Closing into SMS range with a hammerhead is a mistake IMO - keep it back and keep it moving to avoid as much return fire as possible.

Thats a total of 49 points left over from your total to spend on other things - more pathfinders would be best IMO, bump the number up to 8. Or, if you can find another 4 points somewhere, another Deathrain

Good luck with the mate, should be good fun to play with.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by rp252 View Post
    Looks really good mate, I like it. There are one or two things that I would change from this list - just to squeeze as much out of it as possible. They are by no means necessary though, I think this list will do well

Firstly, I like that you have taken lots of drones. I love the floaty-discs; they'll definitely come to great use in defending your forward suits from enemy fire. Cheap as chips as well, so you get target saturation for less than 200 points... bargain!

You don't need those bonding knives on the XV8 teams, so you could lose those. As well as this, I would lose the Rail Rifles on the Pathfinders - they never really do that much IMO. Finally, by dropping the SMS and TL on the hammerhead (give it BC instead), you save yourself even more points. Closing into SMS range with a hammerhead is a mistake IMO - keep it back and keep it moving to avoid as much return fire as possible.

Thats a total of 49 points left over from your total to spend on other things - more pathfinders would be best IMO, bump the number up to 8. Or, if you can find another 4 points somewhere, another Deathrain

Good luck with the mate, should be good fun to play with.

Cheers,
    Rich.
    Hey there Rp,
    I believe that the SMS has more range then the BC, so wouldnt I be moving further into range to be able to shoot the BC instead? I really enjoy using rail rifles, I have used them in every game i take my pathfinder squad, and they can be quite useful. If you read my other most recent army list, in it I explained I had limited Tau choices, basically because I dont have the money to buy more things atm. So yeah, im just limited to what I can use, and Id take your advice and increase the number of pathfinders...if I had them :sleep: Other than that, yeah I really love drones too and my friends really hate them Thanks for your words, peace out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w_Reaper View Post
    Hey there Rp,
    I believe that the SMS has more range then the BC, so wouldnt I be moving further into range to be able to shoot the BC instead? I really enjoy using rail rifles, I have used them in every game i take my pathfinder squad, and they can be quite useful. If you read my other most recent army list, in it I explained I had limited Tau choices, basically because I dont have the money to buy more things atm. So yeah, im just limited to what I can use, and Id take your advice and increase the number of pathfinders...if I had them :sleep: Other than that, yeah I really love drones too and my friends really hate them Thanks for your words, peace out!
    Lol, sorry mate, I didn't realise you were working off a set list of models. I wouldn't worry about it anyway, I like the list alot and think it will perform well.

I'll just explain a little about my hammerhead reasoning. I rarely use the secondary weapon system. I try to keep my hammerheads far back and use the excellent range of the railgun to keep it out of range of return fire. As such the secondary systems rarely fire so I go for the cheapest I can to spend points elsewhere. If you like to get close with it then stick with the SMS, they do rock.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by rp252 View Post
    Lol, sorry mate, I didn't realise you were working off a set list of models. I wouldn't worry about it anyway, I like the list alot and think it will perform well.

I'll just explain a little about my hammerhead reasoning. I rarely use the secondary weapon system. I try to keep my hammerheads far back and use the excellent range of the railgun to keep it out of range of return fire. As such the secondary systems rarely fire so I go for the cheapest I can to spend points elsewhere. If you like to get close with it then stick with the SMS, they do rock.

Cheers,
    Rich
    Thanks for explaining that, I understand what you were saying now:yes: I tend to really heavily on my SMS, my main opponent is Dark eldar, and they move pretty fast as you probly know. So to have another weapon like the SMS where I can hide from those dark lances behind cover, and still have a good chance of destroying their Raider transports, Id like to take it. Anyway, thats my reasoning for choosing the SMS over the BC

+ Reply to Thread