1460pt Friendly- First real attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

1460pt Friendly- First real attempt

My previous list that included anything I thought was good was scrapped after the novelty wore off. This is my first real serious attempt at an army that I can add to my existing force(included) and field. I'm not asking for comprehensive tactics versus these armies (I'm just providing an insight into motive), but the Armies that I will mostly be versing are Tyranids, Grey knight Daemonhunters, Dark Eldar, Necrons and maybe Imperial Guard.

HQ:-
    -Farseer Eldrad Ulthran* = 210pts.

-Autarch = 125pts
    -Warp Jump Pack, Mandiblasters, Power Sword and Fusion Gun.

Elites:-
    - Harlequin Troupe = 250pts.
    -7x Harlequins with Harlequins Kiss, 1x Troupe master with a power sword and fusion pistol, 1x Harlequin Shadowseer.

Troops:-
    - Pathfinders = 120pts.
    -5x Eldar Pathfinders.

- Dire Avengers* = 162pts.
    -9x Dire Avengers, 1x Exarch with Shimmershield, Power sword, and Bladestorm.

- Storm Guardians = 140pts.
    -14x Storm Guardians, 1x Storm Guardian with Flamer, 1x Storm Guardian with Fusion Gun.

Fast Attack:-
    - Warp Spiders = 162pts.
    -4x Warp Spiders, 1x Exarch with Spinneret Rifle, Powerblades, Suprise Attack and Withdraw.

- Vyper = 80pts.
    -1x Vyper with Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones.

Heavy Support:-
    - Falcon = 210pts.
    -1x Falcon with Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-fields, Spirit Stones and Star Engines.

Total: 1459 points.

*=Owned and Unchangable.

Note: The Autarch will be added to Warp spiders and will deepstrike and remain with them.

I'm a bit confused as to the points value of it all, my first calculation before I typed it up came to 1350. If there is anything wrong please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good list mate, this has promted me to start writing up some lists of my own, good work.
    Hive Fleet Fornye = a thorn in the imperiums side
    3000 PTS all up and growing

" it's like the bad flat mate of the world" Dylan Moran on America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

-Farseer Eldrad Ulthran* = 210pts.

-Autarch = 125pts
    -Warp Jump Pack, Mandiblasters, Power Sword and Fusion Gun.
    eldrad is good, the autarch is the only setup I feel is acceptable outside of the bike 'tarch. However I can't help but feel that you are spending too many points on your HQs here. I would say drop the autarch.

- Harlequin Troupe = 250pts.
    -7x Harlequins with Harlequins Kiss, 1x Troupe master with a power sword and fusion pistol, 1x Harlequin Shadowseer.
    you really only need 5-6 kisses in this squad and drop the fusion pistol, it is pretty useless.

- Pathfinders = 120pts.
    -5x Eldar Pathfinders.
    fine

Dire Avengers* = 162pts.
    -9x Dire Avengers, 1x Exarch with Shimmershield, Power sword, and Bladestorm.
    If you are giving these guys the PW + SS then get them defend as well as bladestorm.

Storm Guardians = 140pts.
    -14x Storm Guardians, 1x Storm Guardian with Flamer, 1x Storm Guardian with Fusion Gun.
    I would pick either flamers or fusion guns on this squad and stick with them. Also I would get a warlock with conceal or embolden to help them make it up the board.

- Warp Spiders = 162pts.
    -4x Warp Spiders, 1x Exarch with Spinneret Rifle, Powerblades, Suprise Attack and Withdraw.
    I rarely ever use surprise assult on my spiders, feel free to drop it.

-1x Vyper with Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones.
    drop the spirit stones and change this to dual cannons.

- Falcon = 210pts.
    -1x Falcon with Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-fields, Spirit Stones and Star Engines.
    I would run dual cannons here as well, or maybe a scatter laser and a cannon. Drop the star engines, they aren't needed.

Note: The Autarch will be added to Warp spiders and will deepstrike and remain with them.
    I was under the impression that just like the autarch could not infiltrate with scorps he could not deep strike with the spiders. Am I wrong here?

I'm a bit confused as to the points value of it all, my first calculation before I typed it up came to 1350. If there is anything wrong please tell me.
    The points "look" right to me.

I would make the changes that I suggested and then look at getting serpents with lances for the DA and possibly the storm gaurdians. If you do this, get the stormies a warlock with enhance instead of the other powers.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    eldrad is good, the autarch is the only setup I feel is acceptable outside of the bike 'tarch. However I can't help but feel that you are spending too many points on your HQs here. I would say drop the autarch.

you really only need 5-6 kisses in this squad and drop the fusion pistol, it is pretty useless.
    I'll think about geting less kisses, I wanted the squad to have at least one FP to give some high strength support, but with that much rending i'll probably just drop it after all.

If you are giving these guys the PW + SS then get them defend as well as bladestorm
    I made a mistake when I gave it the PW and SS, I'm making up a dual catapult exarch to take it's place put don't know where to get the legs.

I would pick either flamers or fusion guns on this squad and stick with them. Also I would get a warlock with conceal or embolden to help them make it up the board.
    These guys'll be my front line and I want them to be prepared for anything, and I'll defintely be thinking about a warlock further down the track.

I rarely ever use surprise assult on my spiders, feel free to drop it.
    I probably will drop it, but I want to see how it works out first.

drop the spirit stones and change this to dual cannons.
    This will be my "Celt Chariot" in its ranged roll, I may add a cannon but I'd rather keep with the longer range and larger rate of fire. the rest of the list more than makes up for it's lack of AP.

I would run dual cannons here as well, or maybe a scatter laser and a cannon. Drop the star engines, they aren't needed.
    I want this to be my hero hunter that will moonlight as a tank hunter as well. It already puts out a lot of shots at excellant AP making it perfect for taking down elites such as terminators, and it and the vyper cover their weaknessess. I don't think I'll be dropping the Engines though, I plan for this vehicle to be very mobile.

I was under the impression that just like the autarch could not infiltrate with scorps he could not deep strike with the spiders. Am I wrong here?
    I'm pretty sure you are, I've heard this mentioned on here and in White Dwarves, and the codex only says you can't with scorpions. The autarch tactica on GW online also makes it clear that the Autarch also benefits from Exarch powers that give hit-and-run.

I think the discrepency in points originated form that I originally planned to use scorps instead (and still might). Eldrad will be with the DA's making them awesome, and I have NEVER liked Wave Serpents, I just can't stand them.

Thank you very much for your feedback and I'll absolutely be thinking about your suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I made a mistake when I gave it the PW and SS, I'm making up a dual catapult exarch to take it's place put don't know where to get the legs.
    Battlewagon Bits Dire Avengers Legs Set x1 Bits

This will be my "Celt Chariot" in its ranged roll, I may add a cannon but I'd rather keep with the longer range and larger rate of fire. the rest of the list more than makes up for it's lack of AP.
    you gave it a scatter laser and a cannon, in order to use both weapons you are going to have to be withing 24" in which case the extra range on the scatter laser is useless anyways. By switching to the dual cannons you stay consistant, gain AP, and free up some points at the cost of one shot.

I want this to be my hero hunter that will moonlight as a tank hunter as well. It already puts out a lot of shots at excellant AP making it perfect for taking down elites such as terminators, and it and the vyper cover their weaknessess. I don't think I'll be dropping the Engines though, I plan for this vehicle to be very mobile.
    the things is that if you move it more than 12" inches you can't fire or disembark troops. I would want this thing firing through out the entire game.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Good list mate, the others had some good points.

Have you had a chacne to play with it?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Hey, I just noticed you guys are from Toowoomba also.

Do you play at Card Kingdom/Battle Station much?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi nice litte toowoomba metting here, as i sed b4 shiz nice list, nah rather unfortunately we don't get a chance to got down on saturdays often, i personally try to go down on sundays, but hardly get a chance.
    Hive Fleet Fornye = a thorn in the imperiums side
    3000 PTS all up and growing

" it's like the bad flat mate of the world" Dylan Moran on America

+ Reply to Thread