Eldar: Take on all comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar: Take on all comers

Is it Good, Can it be improved?

How is this Eldar Army. Is it Good, Can it be improved.

ELDAR ARMY 2487pts

=HQ=

Eldrad 210pts

=Elites=
    Harlequin Troupe x 6 (162)
    Shadow Seer, Harlequins Kiss x 6
    This unit forms the other half of my counter assault for what is primarily a shooty army.

Fire Dragons x 6 (96) (Transported in Falcon)
    Tanks, high toughness, low armour saves, all gone when faced with fire dragons. Carnifexs should fear them for their massive destructive potential.

Striking Scorpions x 5 (132) lead by an Exarch wearing the Scorpion's Claw and using the Shadowstrike and Stalker powers.

=Troops=

Dire Avengers x 10 (152)
    Exarch Blade Storm / Dual Shuri Cats

Dire Avengers x 10 (152)

Dire Avengers x 10 (152)

These units for the base line for the army. With three full strength squads I can really choose when and who to Blade Storm with as well as laying down heavy fire against Doomed enemies and such. Keeping them within the Avatars Fearless range will insure they never run and give them solid back up should they be assaulted.

Jetbikes x 3 (76)
    -Shuriken Cannon

Jetbikes x 3 (76)
    -Shuriken Cannon

Jetbikes x 3 (76)
    -Shuriken Cannon

I think i will use these units as a 'Push Me Pull You' tactic Move forwards to just within 12 inches, rapid fire, then move back. and see if they can cause a response?

=Fast Attack=

Warp Spiders x 8 (194)
    Exarch Dual Spinners

My Anti - Skimmer patrol. Excellent all rounders they add to my anti infantry and light armor capability while providing some decent speed to the list.

Shining Spears x 4 (202)
    Exarch w/ Starlance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw

They are extremely fast and hit with the force of a sledgehammer too.

Swooping Hawks x 5 (147)
    Exarch w/ Hawks Talon, Skyleap + Intercept power

=Heavy Support=

Fire Prism (160)
    Holo Field / Spirit Stones

Fire Prism (160)
    Holo Field / Spirit Stones

Falcon 185pts TL Shuriken Catapults, Pulse Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holofields, Vectored Engines (acts as Transport Fire Dragons).

Last edited by Fist of Fury; July 14th, 2007 at 16:38. Reason: UPDATED ARMY just below 2500pts ..YES
    Never give up, Never surrender

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks pretty good, but it is a little light on longe range fire power, and heavy weapons. I would have traded a Fire prism for a wraithlord with a Bright Lance and EML.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Looks pretty strong. I question the need for such an expensive farseer, though. With so much BS4 stuff in your army, taking out the spirit stones and guide might be a plan. I would say skyleap and extra shuriken cannons on your falcon/prisms would be more useful to improve your mobility and firepower, particular as prisms are so reliant on their prism cannons (weapon destroyed results are a pain).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The farseer needs to be as well equiped as possible, its the key to my army, The avatar will cover the harlies, i was also considering adding the 3rd Prism to provide all the offensive needs of the entire army and let the Fire Dragon foot slog it across the battle with some adequate protection from other troops and the farseer? Since there is so much to engage and there alot of fire power within this army and speed to cause alot of problems, if you look at the list carefully there is a hell of alot to keep any opposing General inserious nervous thought!!, my issue is whether to remove the Falcon and add the 3rd prism or not and then upgrade them with the suggestions made?

What do you think?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Never have fire dragons on foot. They're too weak and too important to walk across the table. If your opponent has any sort of average firing unit, the dragons will go down to it. Them and the falcon gives you volume of shots, which does have its advantages over the blasts of the prisms.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm i tend to agree but boy it would have been nice to see th opposing Generals face when he saw 3 prisms...........lol

I think points wise i am very close to 2500pts, i feel if i play the army right it can easily take out Necron army, i think Tyranids and Marines will also find this list very difficult to handle, there is a variety of fire power, mobility, deep strike etc, I can stand off and shoot, i can hit and run, i can handle close combat, there is speed to turn and deal with surprises so i have mobility..............What do you think? any obvious weaknesses, am i mising something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think adding the following to the army would strengthen it or weaken it?

Fast Attack: Warp Spiders x 8 Exarch Dual Spinners 193pts

Fast Attack: Vyper x 2 with scatter laser and shuriken cannon 140pts

Fast Attack: Vyper x 2 with shuriken cannon and shuriken cannon 120pts

Heavy Support: Wraithlord with shuriken cannon, 2 flamers, and wraithsword 130pts

Heavy Support: Wraithlord with shuriken cannon, 2 flamers, and wraithsword 130pts

Heavy Support: Falcon TL Starcannon, Spirit Stones, Holofields (acts as Transport for Fire Dragons) 185pts

How is this compared to original list?
    Last edited by Fist of Fury; July 9th, 2007 at 21:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Heavy Support: Wraithlord with shuriken cannon, 2 flamers, scatter laser and wraithsword 130pts

Heavy Support: Wraithlord with shuriken cannon, 2 flamers, scatter laser and wraithsword 130pts
    as it stands, these guys have three weapons a piece which is a "no-no".
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I would think that if you're taking such an expensive farseer anyway,you might as well take Eldrad. For just a few points more,you get a real psychic monster,and his cost is justifiable in such a large list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else would recommen d Eldrad for an Avatar, is it worth it is it worth adding wraithlord and if so in what set up? is a vyper worth it ? and what would it replace in my set up ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast