1250 Kabal of the Flayed Soul League List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

1250 Kabal of the Flayed Soul League List

As this is a league army list it needs to be a "take all comers" list. It incorporates alot of
    the different elements that I've had great success with but this is the first time I am incorporating them all together.

Archon - jetbike, Agoniser, shadowfield, drug dispenser, tormentor helm, haywire grenades, power weapon 179

Dracon - punisher, tormentor helm, plasma grenades 242
    5 Incubi - punishers
    Raider - Dark Lance

9 Wyches - wyche weapons, plasma grenades 228
    1 Succubus - S. pistol, Agoniser, plasma grenade
    Raider - Dark Lance, Scaling Net

5 Warp Beasts + Beast Master 75

10 Warriors - x2 Splinter Cannons 100

Talos 100

Ravager - x2 dark lance x1 Disentegrator 110

2 Reaver Jetbikes 116
    1 Succubus - tormentor helm, Agoniser

1250 points even

I plan on running the Archon with the bikes so between 2 agonisers they should be able to handle any big nasties, HQs, and Elite squads. The Dracon and incubi along with the wyches and warp beasts should be able to handle troops and targets of oppurtunity. The Talos will do what it always does and draw lots of fire and maybe kill a model or two while the ravager pops any armor and the warriors just fire like crazy and stick to cover.

So what does everyone think?

Last edited by Gardeth; July 12th, 2007 at 17:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

The list is pretty good.
    There is some changes i would make.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardeth View Post
    As this is a league army list it needs to be a "take all comers" list. It incorporates alot of
    the different elements that I've had great success with but this is the first time I am incorporating them all together.

Archon - jetbike, Agoniser, shadowfield, drug dispenser, tormentor helm, haywire grenades, hellmask 179

Lose hellmask and shadowfield, you won't need a hellmask due to your speed, even in HTH
    you will undoubtedly kill every model in base to base so no one should be able to strike back, If not break the squad in the same round of combat. Remember to attack weak squads and use your other units for dealing with the bigger stuff.
    You will attack first due to drugs. In theory you will massacre squads with this setup.
    remember to use IC rules properly, keep him protected behind your own troops and strike when the time is right. You will also have no need for the shadowfield, It may be a preferance for a just incase scenario but this guy is eating your points which can be used better elsewhere. Seriously 179 pts is a big drain on a one man squad eater, He is very effective without these.
    I reccomend dropping the agoniser too and getting a normal power weapon.
    Use this guy for killing weaker troops and to be an annoyance.

Dracon - punisher, tormentor helm, plasma grenades 242
    5 Incubi - punishers
    Raider - Dark Lance

I love incubi as much as the next guy, but too much spent on HQ for 1250pts
    still though nice squad.

9 Wyches - wyche weapons, plasma grenades 228
    1 Succubus - S. pistol, Agoniser, plasma grenade
    Raider - Dark Lance, Scaling Net

Great but why the scaling nets? its pointless
    putting your wyches on the raider again after first turn it is a BIG NO NO.
    Your asking for them to get shot down

5 Warp Beasts + Beast Master 75

Golden for 75pts

use the points from the lord and scaling nets to beef these guys up add 2 blasters and a sebaryte with poisoned blades, It's cheap, gives you HTH and tank busting options

Talos 100

the big mean machine, walk them with warriors, they will soak fire power up protecting your warriors and if they make it to CC all the better, I love them they are a lovely touch to the DE army and they make your footslogging warriors more formidable when they back each other up.

Ravager - x2 dark lance x1 Disentegrator 110

bad idea, do not mix lances and dizzies, If your gonna take one lance and 2 dizzies.
    At least then all 3 can shoot. I prefer them for squad hunting with 3 dizzies.

2 Reaver Jetbikes 116
    1 Succubus - tormentor helm, Agoniser

Your archon is great the way he is, you really need lances, once again lose the agoniser get a power weapon, kill T4 or under troops, don't do mental stuff with the squad.
    Going back to earlier about shadowfield and hellmask, with this squad you definietly won't need them

1250 points even

I plan on running the Archon with the bikes so between 2 agonisers they should be able to handle any big nasties, HQs, and Elite squads. The Dracon and incubi along with the wyches and warp beasts should be able to handle troops and targets of oppurtunity. The Talos will do what it always does and draw lots of fire and maybe kill a model or two while the ravager pops any armor and the warriors just fire like crazy and stick to cover.

So what does everyone think?
    Its a good army, but badly lacks DL's, every DE army should come with 4 as standard.
    Its very CC, Your gonna find it tough against shooty armies and armies with alot of tanks.
    I suggest dropping the wyches and getting your upgrades for footslogging warriors and squads of DL's.
    Your two lords have enough CC power with their own squads, plus that talos will protect your warriors so you can advance and get into CC with them too.
    the talos and warriors will massacre anything they come into contact with too, as long as you keep them as one force moving the 3 of them to support eachother.
    It's a pain for your opponent, if he gets into HTH with warriors the talos and other warriors will bully up, same said for the talos. i usually use them as one block force.
    Think of it as 3 units acting as one.
    Also i suggest with leftover points to beef those warriors up to 13-15 warriors, just remember to include the sebaryte with poisoned blades and those 2 blasters, they are a must casue they also add to your effectiveness on the charge being assault weapons.
    Last edited by dizzie; July 12th, 2007 at 17:30.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Good advice.

One of the big things that will stop me from taking some of your advice will be the lack of appropriate models (no warriors with blasters or DLs). I did edit the list to drop the hellmask and add a power weapon.

Im keen on keeping the agoniser and shadowfield just because of how incredibly useful they are against the opponents I play (lots of nid MCs, wraithlords, T5 necrons and the like).

Im trying something new with the dracon/incubi squad. I used to run the incubi with my lord and people at the shop i play at are deathly afraid of them. So this should provide a big disruption, not to mention kill whatever it comes into contact with.

Im back and forth on the scaling nets, only have been useful one time, but its 5 points i had left and i put it there. But I think I'll drop it and add a 2nd Dissi to the Ravager.

gonna have to think about the sebarytes with poisoned blades as my warriors almost never end up in CC.

Finally the reaper with the agoniser, im kind of back and forth with the power weapon, i think im inclined to stay with the agoniser but for expermintation purposes will go with the power weapon and use the extra points elsewhere, maybe some sebarytes....

Again thanks for the feedback

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

the poisoned blades are just incase if you add the points for the upgrade its isn't alot.
    Remember they wound on 2+, they are great against nids and incredibly helpful against other armies. they wound alot more and the more amour saves your opponent has to take the better.
    It's a pity you don't have lances or blasters, they are very much needed in any DE army.
    Its like going to the board without the right tools. Get some in the future you will see a big difference in how effective your army becomes.
    Even having blasters on the charge is amazing you get your 8 SC shots 2 blaster shots, against everything cept Meq's it devastates a squad.

The lances allow for more talos on the board aswell. I love talos they are the best unit we DE have other than our warriors, people will argue otherwise but although our warriors are fragile, in big numbers they are amazing.
    They are the best troops in the game, they RAWK all round for a troop choice, nothing compares points wise.

I'm now a big fan of footslogging warriors, One of my new tactics is having 2 talos 3 beefy warriors squads with blasters, SC and poisoned blades upgrades, about 13-15 men in each squad. 2 heamies on skyboards with destructors and scissor hands. and move them as one block force.
    The 2 talos and warrior squads bring a hail of splinter fire while moving.
    the heamies support warriors before they charge moving infront of the warriors to flame opposing unit's, then warriors and talos charge. Its a nighmare for your opponent plus it gets your warriors and talos moving faster by charging the stupid squads that he throws in front of you.
    Its a very hard chain to break as its devastating, If your opponent concentrates on them it means your ravager, DL squads, raiders, HQ and wyches get to mix it up somewhere else unchallenged.
    Last edited by dizzie; July 13th, 2007 at 01:42.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

a few problems

how are you going to take out tanks? walkers? dreadnaughts? anthing with armour?
    you have next to no heavy weaponry that you can use for tank cutting

your incubi, they don't have plasma grenades. do oyu want your power weapon wielding units with a high I die before they get to strike? drop your wych squad down to 8, this will free up enough points and then some. you don't need them, they are just ablative wounds to the agoniser.

i'm not a fan of large point units, its a big basket of eggs to me, but that is my opinion and there are enough people that will say its a good thing to have a big hero. but on the archon seriously only use a power weapons, cause at least then you can use the str. drug and would guard on 2's! absolute massacre!

dissie has covered the rest of the units, so i'll cover tactics.
    wyches. they do not take out regualar troops. they are elite killers. they are as good at killing assault marines as regular marines, so send them after the high point units and MC's. they have a dodge save that is invulnerable, so send them against power weapons, it doesn't make a difference to them, except they are worth more to the opposition.

The archon should handle targets that they can clear his kill radius against because he is worth so many points, you don't exactly want him dying. but then with his pace he should be able to get into the heavy weapons and other juicy targets. just watch out that you aren't going to kill off the enemy and leave yourself open to opposition firing.

don't expect your ravager or your raiders to last too long in the open. they will be the only armour on the field, and all heavy weapons will be aiming at them

other than that, not too bad, just a few little fixes, and good luck, and buy dark mattter weapons!!
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Just got to try out the list yesterday against nids, with a few changes, upgraded the ravager to have 3 dissies and proxied (ugh!) 2 dark lance for one warrior squad.

The tyranid player had played me serveral times before so instead of running at me he hunkered down behind cover and waited for me to get to him. And as it was escalation there was several turns of maneuvoring. But on turn 4 all my CC units accept the talos and warp beasts (still hadnt shown up yet argh) got stuck in either charged by him in his turn but most charged him on my turn. With such affect that he conceded at the end of my close combat phase (had taken out unit of hormies, 2 unit of gargoyles, 1.5 unit of genestealers.) And all his synapse creatures where in CC after the massacre moves and I was in a good position to roll up his army.

I normally don't like putting ALOT of points into 1 unit (other armies are IG and Nids) but the speed and manuevarbility of DE allows me put them where i want them when I want them and thus been overwhelmingly effective.

Note: unfortunately the my ravager missed all 3 shots on the turn it came in and got winged by a Gunfex that managed LOS where I thought he wouldn't. Theres always next time.

Oh and the DL armed warriors did great, bagging a zoanthrope and a tryant guard.

Against armor i usually manage to bring them down in CC, I admit its not the most efficient way but I just havent had the models for warriors with DL. But I did find some on EBay so they will be a permanent addition to my force. But still not sure about blasters and Sybarites as my warriors still dont really get any where near the enemy unless the mission demands it or they coming running at me and get through my CC units.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

The reason why your warriors are not getting into HTH is because your simply not using them that way. With 2 SC setup why would you want to?
    I'm glad you won, nids are probably the easiest army for DE to win against, i think in the last big tourney, medusa, we had the highest win margin against them.
    Any way back to the warriors, they don't seem like a very good HTH unit but fortunately they are, not just because of their WS, it simply comes down to the blasters and SC's devastating the squad before the charge then their high Initiative of 5 meaning the almost always strike first or simultaneously.

So doing some quick maths for ya thats 8SC shots and 2 blaster shots raping a T3 squad or killing roughly 3-4 marines last i checked, average.
    Then the charge taking my average 13 man squad with lets say a basic posioned blades on sebaryte.
    24 attacks + 4 for sebaryte killing another 3 marines average, did the calcultaions quickly.
    this is obviously a closed scenario to show how good the warrior sqaud can be and the addition of 20pts-ish increases their effectiveness, lets them tank bust and murder anything cept marines on the charge. Still though considering this they still do a good job on marines killing at least half a sqaud on the charge.
    Then if you are using warriors how they should be used as one big blocked unit comprising of 2-3 squads, they bully up and murder stuff. (like i explained before, talos help too)
    Yeah your warriors will die alot but it takes focus off the other units you have aswell.
    One of the most important things i can say to anyone playing DE is not put all your eggs in the one basket as you just did, We are simply too fragile, make every squad you have as scary as the next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Got to try the list out in earnest this Saturday with 3 league games.

The only changes I made to the list were that I gave one of the warrior units Dark Lances (models finally came in YAY!) and I dropped the scaling nets from the wyches raiders and the hell mask from the lord to give the lord a power weapon in addtiion to the agoniser (that worked out real well to).

I had my first fight against a balanced Tau army in a Take and Hold mission. This went really well with my wyches accounting for 1 unit of firewarriors, a unit of kroot, a sniper drone squad, lone crisis suit, and his commander (12" assualt on Drugs helped there) and my biked lord accounting for 1 unit of fire warriors, the other unit of kroot, and another sniper drone squad. When game ended all he had left was a gunless devil fish and some assorted drones.

My 2nd battle was against vanilla marines in Seek and Destroy and to make a long story short by turn 6 he was down to nothing but 2 dreadnoughts, both of which I managed to pop in the final turn. So a complete massacre.

The 3rd and final fight was against someone I've always had close fights with. This time he brought Black Templars and the mission was recon. By the time the dust had settled there were a total of 11 models on the board. As the mission was alpha it came to a draw. This worked out for me as I lost my wyches on turn 2 when I completely forgot about a dreadnaught he had hidden in a building that subsequently flamed my wyches to death....

All in all I am VERY happy with the list as it stands, the addition of the Dark Lances made a big difference as did giving the lord the power weapon (went right through the Tau squads). I know putting alot of points into 3 squads (wyches, dracon with incubi, and lord with bikes) can be dangerous. But thats how I've always run Dark Eldar, and to date they have been very successful.

+ Reply to Thread